Don't eat biscuts while driving

so... did she still get a ticket? :p

also, i had no idea it was illegal to NOT use a handsfree device in Austin. we visit there all the time since it's only a 2.5-3 hr drive.

granted, both our cars have bluetooth, so it's not that big a deal, but worth knowing.

It's nice that she safely stopped the car.

This video is weird though. She opens the car door as he approaches, I'm surprised he didn't draw his firearm and order her to the ground. He was probably already on the lookout for motorist that dialed 911 and said nothing or another motorist was motioned to situation and dialed 911. They also muted the audio as she passed, turned it back on after he started to pull her over. I think she was honking her horn before that.

Of course they didn't say that on the news story to make it sound more enticing.

Hmmmm. Eating and talking on the phone while driving might be a little distracting. Why not try pulling over before you potentially lose consciousness? :)

I wonder if she took a bite, then when she saw the cop she realized she was busted and gasped, sucking the food down her windpipe.

I was also surprised how calmly he reacted to her opening the door.

I was also surprised how calmly he reacted to her opening the door.

Yep, that is why this video is very odd and doesnt make sense. He was very casual about the whole thing. They will also yell at you on the megaphone to pull over to the right side of the road if you are trying to stop in the center median.

This is how they normally react to you getting out, even to an old man reaching for his walking stick.

Always seems strange watching these clips - miles of open motorway with the odd car dotted around each lane.
The woman has a problem in the outside lane & simply stops where she is to sort herself out!

Where I'm from in N. California, we will use any lane available. Nothing odd about it. I traveled to another state and there were signs often stating keep right, except to pass. People actually only used the fast lane to pass. It was a shock to me.

I guess each region out here, we have our own characteristics.

Always seems strange watching these clips - miles of open motorway with the odd car dotted around each lane.
The woman has a problem in the outside lane & simply stops where she is to sort herself out!
She did clear the road and got fully onto the shoulder. With roads this wide, both left and right shoulder are wide enough to act as normal lanes of traffic in case of emergency. Especially in Texas, it seems the left shoulder is big enough to pull over onto than in some other states I've been to... Of course in other areas there's no shoulder at all, but a big guardrail instead.

Dont cops have to prove they can aim and shoot a gun once in a while ? to me it looks like the wife in the car was allmost shot too, and its only the 3 shot fired that hit the old guy, seemingly in the shoulder.

If i ever get to do my American tour, i gotta be damm carefull cuz i allways exit my car when i have been pulled over.

Better make a mix tape for the trip and mix in " dont exit car if cop have pulled you over" between every track.

Hmmmm. Eating and talking on the phone while driving might be a little distracting.
I wonder if she took a bite, then when she saw the cop she realized she was busted and gasped, sucking the food down her windpipe.
What if she was on the phone because she was already calling 911? If she choked after she saw the police car behind her there wasn't enough time (nor enough presence of mind) to terminate a call and "dial" 911, while driving and choking at the same time.

Frankly, if she had the presence of mind to already be calling 911, then she should've known to stop asap. I don't think I'd be driving another 15-30 seconds, then stop only after a patrol car is on my rear bumper. The scenario Gibson mentioned seems more likely and was what I suspected when I first watched the video.

KuoH

What if she was on the phone because she was already calling 911?

Dont cops have to prove they can aim and shoot a gun once in a while ? to me it looks like the wife in the car was allmost shot too, and its only the 3 shot fired that hit the old guy, seemingly in the shoulder.
Another example of unnecessarily escalating a harmless situation. Because of a walking stick!

If i ever get to do my American tour, i gotta be damm carefull cuz i allways exit my car when i have been pulled over.
I never get out of my car unless instructed by the officer to do so.

Another example of unnecessarily escalating a harmless situation. Because of a walking stick!

Its a good thing the cops in USA are terrible at hitting targets. That old man is still alive, he was tall and fat, a really big target.

Its a good thing the cops in USA are terrible at hitting targets. That old man is still alive, he was tall and fat, a really big target.
the one where the cop shot the guy in the honda accord seemed to be a pretty good shot and a quick draw to boot, but then again it WAS point blank range... i'm pretty sure i could hit a 10" target from a foot away, too.

Back