Dont hand your footage over ?!

Looks rather dodgy!

£200 for a mini 0803 confirms it is dodgy!

I would expect your insurance company to have a right to view the footage which that page suggests you can sell to them...

I wouldn't want to sign up there!

http://www.policewitness.com/privacy-policy/

You will be signing away your right to any posts/footage posted here on dashcamtalk!

We may also utilise information you have posted on community forums and message boards for use in marketing and promotions.

Such companies may have access to your personal information...

Mentions "complimentary Accident Representation Service"
You'll probably get what you pay for.

What about ‘wear and tear’, such as tyres, brakes, shock absorbers and all the other bits that seem to go all too regularly.

PoliceWitness.com can help you reduce all of these costs by 20% or even more, and help you to keep them down. And in the course of doing so you can be both public-spirited and enhance your ‘green’ credentials.
Following extensive research and testing PoliceWitness.com is now able to supply equipment for any vehicle that will monitor the demands placed upon it by the driver – or any number of drivers. Our tests with this equipment have demonstrated an immediate reduction in fuel consumption of over 20%
So they want to monitor your travels and are going to provide you with one of those magnetic fuel saver devices (which don't work) while they are busy making money for themselves by selling your personal data?

So they want to monitor your travels and are going to provide you with one of those magnetic fuel saver devices (which don't work) while they are busy making money for themselves by selling your personal data?

Mine do and I had over a year's worth of fuelly records which showed an increase from 40mpg (average over 4 months) to 45mpg (average over 8 months). The naysayers still wouldn't believe & tried to tell me it was the placebo effect - so, after 9 years the magnets are still forcing me to drive more sedately!

I use magnets on my back to alleviate back pain. I held the same magnets to my cheek to alleviate the pain of chronic toothache. She who must be obeyed uses her magnets to alleviate the pain from her 'women's problems'. I've also got magnets on my gas pipe - the gas burns hotter (the flame in the boiler is distinctly brighter) and I eliminated all the limescale in my pipes by putting magnets on the cold water rising main as well as on my hot water tank.

Policewitness.com is, iirc, a business run by a retired copper. Using loads of police pics & jargon to make the site look like it's something to do with plod but I believe it's just another moneymaking scheme like all those "have you had an injury? we can get you compo." companies. The only thing they do for you that your own insurers don't is to bump up the expenses for the other insurance company. I very much doubt they'd take you on if your video didn't show that you were completely blameless.

Back