Double beeps in my new A129 Pro Duo

The camera needs minimum 60Mb/s constant write speed, if you are using cards that can handle less, you are expecting beeps and should not be complaining.
Only V60 cards are rated minimum 60Mb/s
The speed on the packaging is manufacturers theoretical maximum peak, non sustainable minimum.
Average Class10 card should be able to handle that... (reality is a bit different though :ROFLMAO: ) V60 cards are rated for 60MBps (at minimum). The problem is, in most cases, all of these mentioned by manufacturers are sequential speeds. Not to mention, one needs extra pins for anything above UHS-I.

60Mbps => 7.5MBps...

Last edited:
Just got my first double beeps today with my Viofo 129 Pro Duo. I have had it for close to 6 months with no issues until today.

I installed FW 1.7T a couple of weeks ago and was experimenting with 21:9 4K option with high and then medium bitrate, switched it back to high bitrate today and it immediately started acting up, and now getting double beeps constantly (every minute or two). I have formatted the card again and will see how long it takes for the double beeps to start up again, I assume as soon as it fills up the card and starts to loop the files it will start double beeping again as that seems to be the trend for others who have reported this issue.

Maybe time to start looking for a different dashcam as it appears this one can't be relied on to work properly, a shame as the video quality is excellent, when it is working.

There other issues popping up with the FW 1.7T . When attempting to stop recording to go to settings, it will not respond to menu command immediately acting like it freezes momentarily. Then sometimes when you exit the menu after doing some modification to your settings, the camera will shut off and restarts over and over and will have to remove the power to get it to boot normal. That had happened a few times already recently. Is someone else experiencing similar issues?

There other issues popping up with the FW 1.7T . When attempting to stop recording to go to settings, it will not respond to menu command immediately acting like it freezes momentarily. Then sometimes when you exit the menu after doing some modification to your settings, the camera will shut off and restarts over and over and will have to remove the power to get it to boot normal. That had happened a few times already recently. Is someone else experiencing similar issues?
Yes I had mine appear to lock up with FW 1.7T when I tried to stop recording, when it did come back to life I made one change to the settings (Bitrate from Medium to high) and started getting the endless double beeps and incomplete recordings, perhaps it was going off and on as well, not sure as I was driving at the time and I just noticed later gaps in the recordings so perhaps it was shutting off and coming back on. I've gone back to FW 1.1 for the time being. It has only been back on FW 1.1 for about 90 minutes of recording time but at least so far it is working properly again, no gaps and no beeps. As long as it continues to work with FW 1.1 I think I will leave it there until a new version of new Firmware has been out and in use for an extended period of time with no reported issues before I update again.

Back