DR500GW-HD Smart Phone APP

rockyrr

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DR500GW-HD
I now have my DR500GW-HD. It seems to be working 'ok', takes good videos, etc. As for the Smart Phone APP via Wi-Fi, that's another story. In the PC software for the DR500GW-HD I changed the password to access the camera via Wi-Fi on my Smart Phone. When I started the APP it would not accept my new password; I tried several times. So, back to the PC to change the password back to "blackvue". I tried again with my Smart Phone and it accepted the "blackvue" password. The only problem is I had to enter it on 2 different screens to get into the APP. So far, so good, now I'm into the APP and the list of my video files is displayed on my phone. I click on a file to play it and I get this error message: "Wi-Fi sinal (yes, 'signal was misspelled in APP)too weak. Go back to file list". This really confused me because I'm sitting in my car and my phone is 3 feet from camera and phone shows an excellent signal strength. And, the signal was apparently strong enough to display the list of video files. Any help will be appreciated.

Very frustrated,
Rocky

rockyrr said:
I now have my DR500GW-HD. It seems to be working 'ok', takes good videos, etc. As for the Smart Phone APP via Wi-Fi, that's another story. In the PC software for the DR500GW-HD I changed the password to access the camera via Wi-Fi on my Smart Phone. When I started the APP it would not accept my new password; I tried several times. So, back to the PC to change the password back to "blackvue". I tried again with my Smart Phone and it accepted the "blackvue" password. The only problem is I had to enter it on 2 different screens to get into the APP. So far, so good, now I'm into the APP and the list of my video files is displayed on my phone. I click on a file to play it and I get this error message: "Wi-Fi sinal (yes, 'signal was misspelled in APP)too weak. Go back to file list". This really confused me because I'm sitting in my car and my phone is 3 feet from camera and phone shows an excellent signal strength. And, the signal was apparently strong enough to display the list of video files. Any help will be appreciated.

Very frustrated,
Rocky

Do you own an Android based phone? If so, your phone might not have wireless N or your phone might not have a good WIFI radio. Dont take offense when I say this, but there are a lot of poor quality Android based phones on the market and provide poor perfomance. I had the first HTC EVO 4g phone when they came out and I could never use the 4g and my WIFI was poor. I would litteraly sit next to my wireless router at home and only had 2 bars. If you have a WIFI sniffer program which tells you how strong your WIFI signal is, you could diagnose the issue. There are a lot of free programs out there which analized WIFI signal strength. Or, maybe there is a lot of interfearance close by which is causing your poor WIFI signal.

AmericanDriver said:
rockyrr said:

Very frustrated,
Rocky

Do you own an Android based phone? If so, your phone might not have wireless N or your phone might not have a good WIFI radio. Dont take offense when I say this, but there are a lot of poor quality Android based phones on the market and provide poor perfomance. I had the first HTC EVO 4g phone when they came out and I could never use the 4g and my WIFI was poor. I would litteraly sit next to my wireless router at home and only had 2 bars. If you have a WIFI sniffer program which tells you how strong your WIFI signal is, you could diagnose the issue. There are a lot of free programs out there which analized WIFI signal strength. Or, maybe there is a lot of interfearance close by which is causing your poor WIFI signal.

No offense taken....I do have an Android phone. It's a Motorola and 4G LTE works fine; and, so does Wi-Fi anywhere in my house, at motels, restaurants, etc.
Like I said, my phone shows an excellent signal when working with APP, and the video file list is displayed on my phone. Thanks.

Back