Dual channels mini0806 - NEW mini0906

never know, have seen the menus labelled the wrong way around before
Tried the Low setting and no luck. Hit a few speed bumps much faster than normal and nothing triggered.

I will just keep it set to Medium and keep my finger hovering over the remote control button for the time being.

I literally hit the dashcam to trigger it. (n)
Going to give it a quick paddlin'!
May be a calibration issue so might be something that can be addressed in a firmware update
That would be nice. Something to add to the October 13 beta update before official release.

Just tested the G-sensor. It is very very hard to trigger it even in high.
It is designed not to trigger when you hit its buttons, you need a real crash!

Closing the car door with a bang with 1 other door open should be a good way to trigger it. (you need 1 other door open or air pressure stops you closing it fast enough)

I have a try to drop camera unit to trigger when test in room :)

we inspect G-sensor by tapping on desk on production line

It is designed not to trigger when you hit its buttons, you need a real crash!

Closing the car door with a bang with 1 other door open should be a good way to trigger it. (you need 1 other door open or air pressure stops you closing it fast enough)
I will give that a shot.
we inspect G-sensor by tapping on desk on production line
If the above method does not trigger it, I will bring the unit inside, power it with a wall adapter, set it on a surface, and hit the surface.

OK got the g-sensor working now. I tapped lightly on the side of the camera with my finger and the little yellow padlock symbol appeared.

For some reason, I was expecting an audible sound to be heard when the g-sensor was activated with a bump, but there isn't one. If I recall, if I lock a file with the remote, there is a beep, right?

I tapped lightly on the side of the camera with my finger and the little yellow padlock symbol appeared.

I think this is a far more realistic test than dropping or tapping on a desk. A rubber-bumpered car running into your car gently can cave a fender in without any sharp shock happening :eek: A g-sensor for parking needs that kind of sensitivity ;) The problem is that this is far too sensitive for driving so it has to either user-switched (which is a hassle that will be forgotten) or it needs to happen automatically (which we'd all love to see :D) but I don't know if that is possible.

G-sensor is a great concept, but the way they work now renders it a useless feature for most of us :mad: That is why most of us just turn the d@#% thing off to avoid a card full of locked files :whistle:

Phil

I think this is a far more realistic test than dropping or tapping on a desk. A rubber-bumpered car running into your car gently can cave a fender in without any sharp shock happening :eek: A g-sensor for parking needs that kind of sensitivity ;) The problem is that this is far too sensitive for driving so it has to either user-switched (which is a hassle that will be forgotten) or it needs to happen automatically (which we'd all love to see :D) but I don't know if that is possible.

G-sensor is a great concept, but the way they work now renders it a useless feature for most of us :mad: That is why most of us just turn the d@#% thing off to avoid a card full of locked files :whistle:

Phil

as part of the parking mode workflow they could change the G-Sensor value to high while parked and back to low when in driving mode, not too hard to do in firmware

That would be a VERY good thing :cool:

Phil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Aph mini0906 7
Back