Dual channels mini0806 - NEW mini0906

It uses a 10 pin mini USB plug, can't see how many wires.

If you are thinking of extending it, I imagine it needs to be a fairly carefully designed and constructed cable since it is carrying quite a lot of data over a significant distance, it is not old analog video. Best to just use the original cable uncut.

That is exactly what I was thinking. I also have an opportunity to easily run the wire ahead of purchasing the camera, so I thought I might just put something in place now and splice later. Based on your information, and the diagram Rayman provided, I will just wait and use only the original cable.

THANKS!!

That is exactly what I was thinking. I also have an opportunity to easily run the wire ahead of purchasing the camera, so I thought I might just put something in place now and splice later. Based on your information, and the diagram Rayman provided, I will just wait and use only the original cable.

THANKS!!
If you run a string inside the headliner before purchase, then it will be really easy to pull the cable through later ;)
Sometimes an old cable is better then string because it is less flexible so holds the route better.

Can you tell me what firmware version the Mini 0906 dashcams you are selling have installed? Also, can you confirm that the description on your eBay listing is correct and that your 0906 does ship with both the CPL filter and the GPS mount? Thanks. :)
SW version: 0906FW20170818V1,and yes,my ebay listing comes with CPL & GPS mount! Thanks for your time! Regards,
Vicky

SW version: 0906FW20170818V1,and yes,my ebay listing comes with CPL & GPS mount! Thanks for your time! Regards,
Vicky

Thanks for the quick reply. That is a strange firmware version. Is it custom? I don't see it listed on the official website here - http://mini0906.com/update.html

Also noticed that you dropped the price on your eBay listing the day after I bought it. Arrrgghh!! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the quick reply. That is a strange firmware version. Is it custom? I don't see it listed on the official website here - http://mini0906.com/update.html

Also noticed that you dropped the price on your eBay listing the day after I bought it. Arrrgghh!! :rolleyes:
It is not strange firmware version,this is one custom SW for our brand,anyway,you can reboot it to manufacturer generic SW also,both SW are newest now!
And as to price gap,you can PM us directly,we offer this partial refund,no worry!

It is not strange firmware version,this is one custom SW for our brand,anyway,you can reboot it to manufacturer generic SW also,both SW are newest now!
And as to price gap,you can PM us directly,we offer this partial refund,no worry!

I did not mean strange in a bad way. I just didn't know that certain suppliers would have their own software versions.

No worries on the price. It's only about $5, and the price was already good when I placed my order.

I am just glad to see that estore009 is represented here on this forum. It makes feel more secure in my purchase knowing that support is available should I need it in the future. :D

I am not certain of this, but I remember seeing that one of the updates to the 0906 Firmwares was the ability to embed a logo on the screen or video.
It is quite possible that is the reason that there is a unique Version number, if it contains a different logo.

RodeoGeorge

I am not certain of this, but I remember seeing that one of the updates to the 0906 Firmwares was the ability to embed a logo on the screen or video.
It is quite possible that is the reason that there is a unique Version number, if it contains a different logo.

RodeoGeorge

Yup, that would be the FIRMWARE_20170829 version. Since estore009 rebrands theirs as Blueskysea, that may very well be the reason.

@Rayman.Chan

Just received my 0906 today and got it installed and set up. So far, I am very happy with it. Exactly what I was looking for and expecting in a dashcam. Everything is working as it should when hooked up in the car.

A suggestion and a question/issue, though:

1) You may want to edit the manual or add an extra leaflet telling people how to get into and out of Menu mode. It took me a while before I figured out that you have to stop recording and enter Standby mode and then HOLD the Up button in order to get to the menu settings. Also add how to lock settings for the DATE TIME SETTINGS and DRIVER NUMBER and return to the main menu. It took a minute to figure out to once again HOLD the Up button.

2) When I tried using the micro USB port on the top of the dashcam to hook up directly to my computer, the 0906 just went into a cycle of trying to power on and shutting down.

Last edited:
@Rayman.Chan

Just received my 0906 today and got it installed and set up. So far, I am very happy with it. Exactly what I was looking for and expecting in a dashcam. Everything is working as it should when hooked up in the car.

1) You may want to edit the manual or add an extra leaflet telling people how to get into and out of Menu mode. It took me a while before I figured out that you have to stop recording and enter Standby mode and then HOLD the Up button in order to get to the menu settings. Also add how to lock settings for the DATE TIME SETTINGS and DRIVER NUMBER and return to the main menu. It took a minute to figure out to once again HOLD the Up button.

2) When I tried using the micro USB port on the top of the dashcam to hook up directly to my computer, the 0906 just went into a cycle of trying to power on and shutting down.
Will double check that and reply to you very soon!

@Rayman.Chan

You can say a few words about video quality ?

1) You may want to edit the manual. ---------- we will consider your suggestion.

2) hook up directly to my computer just went into a cycle of trying to power on and shutting down. --------- this means the power supply from computer is not enough to power the camera.[/user]

2) hook up directly to my computer just went into a cycle of trying to power on and shutting down. --------- this means the power supply from computer is not enough to power the camera.

Not surprising. USB 2.0 is designed to max out at 500mA, but on PC, especially laptops, most could barely do 200mA. The 0906 draws ~250mA, which most USB 2.0 port can't handle.

2) When I tried using the micro USB port on the top of the dashcam to hook up directly to my computer, the 0906 just went into a cycle of trying to power on and shutting down.[/QUOTE]
My computer powers on dashcam normally,you can try another USB port.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Aph mini0906 7
Back