English Firmware for 70Mai A500s

I don't know. I have an international version and any experiments can lead to the device being bricked...

Greetings everyone! I've been using this model for some time now, and I stumbled upon this forum while attempting to troubleshoot the recurring "SD Card Damaged" error that it frequently displays. While I haven't yet found a definitive solution, I suspect the issue might be related to my use of a 256GB micro-SD card, which could potentially be too large for it to handle. This suspicion is reinforced by the observation that the problem vanishes temporarily whenever I delete the partition, which tricks the dashcam into reformatting the card. My theory is that creating a 64GB or 128GB partition might resolve this problem, but I haven't had the chance to test it yet.

On another note, I recently came across a newly released firmware update while checking the app for the North American version of the dashcam. Version 1.2.22ww of the firmware claims to "Optimize the read and write logic of memory card." It's possible that this update could address the bug, although I haven't used it long enough to verify. I'll use it for a few weeks and see if the issue persists. In the meantime, I thought that it was great how the the firmware was being shared here so that others can keep track of the versions they have installed and revert to previous versions if necessary. I don't see where this version has been posted yet, so I decided to upload it just in case someone needs it. I'm not sure where to grab the .bin file (maybe just add it as an extension to the .zip or the file contained inside?), but this .zip file is what gets downloaded through the android 70Mai app for OTA updates.

All firmware is officially posted by the manufacturer, I indicated the link on the previous page. By the way, your file is useless, because it is not enough to extract or rename the ATA file to BIN for installation. You need to edit it in the hex editor.

All firmware is officially posted by the manufacturer, I indicated the link on the previous page. By the way, your file is useless, because it is not enough to extract or rename the ATA file to BIN for installation. You need to edit it in the hex editor.

I did see where they are supposed to have a firmware download page, located at their website under "/frimware/A500S/", but the download button there doesn't seem to do anything. This, combined with the typo in the website subdirectory, don't really inspire much confidence! The Customer Support page for it also just tells you to download it through the app, so I guess you would have to email them individually and ask for the files? I can't seem to find anything pointing to any of the Google Drive links that you have shared, so I am unsure how you were able to find them. In regards to the OTA file, I figured you would have to edit it in some way, but that is outside my scope of expertise. I assumed that you must have been converting them to the .bin files in some way, but there are definitely several other ways you could have obtained the files. Regardless, sorry if it isn't helpful!

Did you try the 1.1.17 don't format your SD card just copy and paste from computer or handphone then insert it to the camera after finished delete the copy firmware

My dashcam firmware was 1.0.17ww, I noticed there is a newer version 1.3.23ww, after upgrading I received a message "The the firmware channel doesn't match ...." and the dashcam shutdown. I downgraded to 1.0.17ww which is working, I just don't understand why 70mai released not working firmware.

Me too after update recommend by the phone app it suck. Then I install the version 1.1.17 it came back a life.

So do you mean this fw 1.1.20 can be used for 70mai a500s Chinese version? Because in another post you said the latest fw for Chinese version is 1.1.17?
The user asked for firmware 1.1.20 for the Chinese version and sent a link. What's wrong?
This firmware is suitable if it has an old Chinese version, where there was no protection against installing international firmware. Maybe he has this version, if he asked for it.

If he needs the 1.1.20 he have to search by himself,I don't have it because I not the 70Mai expert. I am just another encounter with a faulty firmware Cam user

The user asked for firmware 1.1.20 for the Chinese version and sent a link. What's wrong?
This firmware is suitable if it has an old Chinese version, where there was no protection against installing international firmware. Maybe he has this version, if he asked for it.
The link you sent is fw 1.2.2ww, is that OK for 70mai A500s Chinese version?

So is there any way to downgrade Chinese device to a lower Chinese fw without protection then upgrade it to the latest ww fw? :D

So is there any way to downgrade Chinese device to a lower Chinese fw without protection then upgrade it to the latest ww fw? :D
Nope

My dashcam firmware was 1.0.17ww, I noticed there is a newer version 1.3.23ww, after upgrading I received a message "The the firmware channel doesn't match ...." and the dashcam shutdown. I downgraded to 1.0.17ww which is working, I just don't understand why 70mai released not working firmware.
Can u teach me how to downgrade firmware bro? I was stupid when updated to new version 1.3.23ww

Back