English Firmware for 70Mai A500s

It seems I have come to the right place ... I hope.
I recently bought the 70Mai Pro Plus A500S. I haven't fitted it to my car yet. Today I connected it to my pc to get the settings correct. Everything was fine and I was able to set everything. On the app I then got notification of a firmware upgrade. I followed all the instructions and then it asked if I wanted to push the changes to the camera, which I did. The camera turned off and I left it for a while. I then turned it on again and it showed the 'firmware mismatch' warning and now it has shut off completely. It will turn on again but immediately shut down. I have no idea what firmware was on it or what the new firmware was going to be, I didn't look to see either version. I have no idea how to fix it, can anyone help? I am not technically minded regarding flashing programs etc. I'm just sitting here looking at it and have no idea what to do.

It seems I have come to the right place ... I hope.
I recently bought the 70Mai Pro Plus A500S. I haven't fitted it to my car yet. Today I connected it to my pc to get the settings correct. Everything was fine and I was able to set everything. On the app I then got notification of a firmware upgrade. I followed all the instructions and then it asked if I wanted to push the changes to the camera, which I did. The camera turned off and I left it for a while. I then turned it on again and it showed the 'firmware mismatch' warning and now it has shut off completely. It will turn on again but immediately shut down. I have no idea what firmware was on it or what the new firmware was going to be, I didn't look to see either version. I have no idea how to fix it, can anyone help? I am not technically minded regarding flashing programs etc. I'm just sitting here looking at it and have no idea what to do.
You need to install version 1.0.17 of the firmware:

Firmware Instructions:
Firmware from the archive "FW96580A.bin" copy to the root of the memory card and paste it into the off recorder.
Next, insert the power and DO NOT press any buttons, and wait for 30-40 seconds. During the update, there will be no inscriptions on the screen about the update, only the LED will turn blue and then red.
After successful firmware at the first start - remove the firmware from the memory card (you can format the card). Otherwise, every time you turn on the recorder, it will be re-flashed.

Good luck!

Thank you lisabon. I really haven't got a clue how to do any of that. I'm not very good with computers. It almost sounds like more trouble than I can deal with.

lisabon .... I decided to try your method. I googled how to do the transfer to the sd card. I followed your instructions exactly ..... IT WORKED!!!!!!!
Thank you very much for your help. I was about to throw it in the bin and buy a different one but you have saved me time and money. (y)(y)(y):ROFLMAO:

If you have the Chinese version and you have installed the international firmware, that you need to use the international application from your app store.
Hello, pinging this thread again, even though I have installed the international firmware and tried the international application, I have an error saying "wrong region, contact your seller."
Is this issue a known one? Thanks.

Hello, pinging this thread again, even though I have installed the international firmware and tried the international application, I have an error saying "wrong region, contact your seller."
Is this issue a known one? Thanks.
What firmware version have you installed?

i need fw 1.1.20 for device bought from china. Can someone give it to me?

Hello Lisabon, greetings from Turkey. I recently downloaded and updated my firmware(FW_OTA_1.0.17ww_70mai_ProPlus+.zip) but now, the international app will not allow a connection giving the error below AND the chinese app you've provided the apk for also fails to work as it doesn't recognize the wifi connection. What should I do?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230723_030605_70mai.jpg
    Screenshot_20230723_030605_70mai.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 16
Hi,
can someone explain me the situation with the firmware update? I bought cam on aliexpress so it's probably chinese version. I've installed international app and upgraded firmware on camera until 1.0.17ww. Next every upgrade to newer version is causing "firmware mismatch error" and I need to back to 1.0.17ww version. Can I flash cam with chinese version and I will have an english language after that?

Hello guys, especially to sir @lisabon_Q3 I need your help, recently I brought this dashcam 70mai A500s here in China, no I idea that its only a china version so English, i need it to change to global version pls help guys,, thanks
Firmware 1.1.17
MFD: 2023.01.11

Attachments

• IMG_20230815_131710.jpg
    IMG_20230815_131710.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 16
Hello guys, especially to sir @lisabon_Q3 I need your help, recently I brought this dashcam 70mai A500s here in China, no I idea that its only a china version so English, i need it to change to global version pls help guys,, thanks
Firmware 1.1.17
MFD: 2023.01.11

One more sir, what app I'm going to use with this firmware for compatibility connection, thanks again

Ok sir I got it now, it's all work now, I'm so happy today I can now recommend it to my friends here ,,thank you very much once again, appreciate all your help I'm Filipino by the way

Back