Equivalent to a K1S???

bronze84

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware F750, K1S, Marcus3, Mobius, Xiaomi Yi, Sony AS100v
Hi guys.

I have a K1S at the moment and although I love the form factor etc i've decided that I prefer the main unit to be up on my windscreen. So i'm going to be selling my K1S (if any one is interested?!) and going to a different set up.

Question is, what?!

I've had the Marcus 3 in the past and enjoyed the video quality, so naturally i'm tempted to look at the Marcus 5. I've also looked at the Panorama X2 but due to lack of availability in the UK it puts me of slightly (Long story short, I ordered a cam from the US & 3 months later & a long winded refund I never received it). Alternatively I was thinking of getting a couple Mini 0806's for the front and rear and doing it that way.

Can anyone else throw anything into the mix? I'm open to all options and price budgets?!

Cheers
Martin

hmm thanks, whats the video quality like on this, I can't seem to find the full specs?

Last edited by a moderator:
I missed this part of your post and wanted to ask. What did you try to order and which seller was it from?

To be fair the audio quality isn't an issue for me personally as I have audio off.

The seller was SpyTec, I waited over two months for a K1S and near 3 months for a refund, all they said was it was 'presumed lost'. Wasn't happy with the customer services to be honest. USPS seems to be poor with international shipping too.

Anyhow, Thanks for the link

To be fair the audio quality isn't an issue for me personally as I have audio off.

The seller was SpyTec, I waited over two months for a K1S and near 3 months for a refund, all they said was it was 'presumed lost'. Wasn't happy with the customer services to be honest. USPS seems to be poor with international shipping too.

Anyhow, Thanks for the link

Ok, so it was about K1S and not Panorama X2 ?

" I've also looked at the Panorama X2 but due to lack of availability in the UK it puts me of slightly (Long story short, I ordered a cam from the US & 3 months later & a long winded refund I never received it)."

Last edited by a moderator:
Y
Ok, so it was about K1S and not Panorama X2 ?

" I've also looked at the Panorama X2 but due to lack of availability in the UK it puts me of slightly (Long story short, I ordered a cam from the US & 3 months later & a long winded refund I never received it)."

Yes, sorry for the confusion Niko. I was put off from ordering from the US again, I didn't know you stocked the X2

Y

Yes, sorry for the confusion Niko. I was put off from ordering from the US again, I didn't know you stocked the X2

No problem, just needed to clarify.
Yeah, I started with Street Guardian and Panorama projects only this year and moving on step by step. Nevertheless I still try to help out people with questions in other threads ( with other dashcam brands ) to learn myself more from others and give my input as much as I can to DCT community.

Last edited:
No problem, just needed to clarify.
Yeah, I started with Street Guardian and Panorama projects only this year and moving on step by step. Nevertheless I still try to help out people with questions in other threads ( with other dashcam brands ) to learn myself more from others and give my input as much as I can to DCT community.

What is the bit rate of the X2 (both front and rear cams)? Does the model on your website come with the 12v car adapter, from the photo it looks like it only comes with a hardwire cable?

What is the bit rate of the X2 (both front and rear cams)? Does the model on your website come with the 12v car adapter, from the photo it looks like it only comes with a hardwire cable?

I can provide a 12V cigarette lighter charger / adapter as well.
Front and Rear camera records maximum 1080p / 30Fps / 15Mbps each channel.

Thanks Niko. Can a filter be attached to the X2?

Many thanks Jon, think I should've looked a bit harder!

So I've narrowed it down to getting either the X2 or two 0806's. Could I assume that the X2 would give slightly better video quality due to the Sony sensors?

So I've narrowed it down to getting either the X2 or two 0806's. Could I assume that the X2 would give slightly better video quality due to the Sony sensors?

Happy to help. The X2 has excellent video quality for sure really excelles at night.
If you end up going with the 0806, I'd choose the 0805 over the 0806 based on what I'm reading in the forums the past several months.

At day time I would say 0806 or 0805 has same good quality as X2, at night Sony Exmor of X2 is a little bit better at reading background details, however it doesn't mean you will be able to read moving numberplates. Non of dashcams can read numberplates at night from moving cars.

Front unit formfactor of X2 is quite big compare to 0806, but depending on car make / model the X2 can be mounted the way it blends in with RVmirror. Rear camera of X2 is the smallest on the market of 1080p 2ch systems and has about twice less "footprint" than 0806.

Biggest advantage of X2 is constant pre-buffer recording and can be used for 24/7 car parking mode. Built in battery discharge prevention device. The only thing you have to remember if buying X2 is that you can not use any random class 10 memory cards. X2 works well with ultra-high speed MLC-type memory cards like Lexar 633x, also I have tested with NMicro Ultra MLC works fine as well.

0806 is good buy if you dont need a parking mode and not afraid of battery swelling under hot sun, or if you are ready to remove it in hot sunny weather while car is parked.

X2 does not use batteries, it uses supercaps and safe to keep in car 24/7 even in hot summer weather.

Thanks for the informative reply Niko, most appreciated.

In the last few minutes there's been a slight change of plan. I've just gone and won a Thinkware F750 dual on eBay from a UK seller. Decided to give it a punt as although it's relatively unknown I am a sucker for an under dog, plus it uses Sony sensors so I'm hoping he image quality is comparable to the X2. I paid £230 delivered so about the same price as an X2 in the UK (and cheaper than I've seen the F750 for elsewhere.)

Will be interesting comparing the video quality of the F750 to my K1S...

Will be selling two week old K1S (with the MPH firmware) really cheap if anyone interested ;)

Really appreciate the unbiased help guys

The only think nobody yet shared info about bit-rate and raw / original video files.

Just saw this bit, I sent a message to the manufacturer asking this question. They replied and said the bit rate for both front & rear is 10.7 mbps. Assuming they meant max bit rate

Back