ERROR MESSAGES

i use macs but have a PC handy, but i am unwilling to fruck around with firmwares etc. It's not my job. It is the task of the retailer Ojocam to sell a product that works out of the box.

Regarding OS I meant to give you as an example that time to time you need to update ANY OS with fresh Firmware, same thing is with dashcams as well. So there is nothing wrong if some time we all need to go trough process of fevice update.
However I agree with you that on the first place dashcam has to work out of the box. Unfort some time ( especially with cheaper models ), there are different issues reported despite even seller might check / test them fully working before sending out.

Regarding OS I meant to give you as an example that time to time you need to update ANY OS with fresh Firmware, same thing is with dashcams as well.
Let me see, i bought a TV.... nup haven't needed a firmware update. Same with my microwave oven. How about my SLR camera... nup no firmware updates needed. How about my car radio? No firmware updates need there either. Get my point?

Regarding OS I meant to give you as an example that time to time you need to update ANY OS with fresh Firmware, same thing is with dashcams as well.
Let me see, i bought a TV.... nup haven't needed a firmware update. Same with my microwave oven. How about my SLR camera... nup no firmware updates needed. How about my car radio? No firmware updates need there either. Get my point?

You comparing different things.

10y ago mobile phones didnt need updates as well. These days phones need.

There are simple and more complex products. Also there are products which are out in production for over half sentury ang all bugs they had in past are already polished up.
Dashcam market has only born and especially if you buying cheap class product, there is more chance of something going wrong.
If you want more piece of mind, - be ready to spend many times more $, as I already mentioned. Get my point ? ;)

iPhone/Android Smart Phone would be a better comparison than Microwave Oven. (constant firmware updates) My Panasonic Cameras have had several firmware updates over the years.

my TV has had about 4 firmware updates since I bought it, it's only 18 month old, it does it automatically though so I guess a lot people wouldn't even notice with connected devices these days

The smarter devices get, the greater chance they will need some type of update. (for new features, compatibility, or bug fixes/security)

Last edited:
you guys are dicks.. really iphone / smart phone is a COMPUTER. a car camera is not a computer. Get REAL.

you guys are dicks.. really iphone / smart phone is a COMPUTER. a car camera is not a computer. Get REAL.

Yes, it is a computer in some way.

Computer -

... noun
1. an electronic device designed to accept data, perform prescribed mathematical and logical operations at high speed, and display the results of these operations.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/computer

We trying to help you to understand why issues happening some time and how to resolve them. Nothing is perfect in this world.

@ " ... you guys are d_cks",

- "thanks"

The fact is, so many electronic products do have small computers running them. Simple ones like microwaves will have firmware, but not user upgradable.

Dashcam's are computers... doing a specific task. AFIK, the 0801 runs a version of linux.

Nothing wrong with healthy debate and sharing understanding... I get you point about things working out of the box and should not need adjusting too much or firmware updates, but calling people 'dicks' who have on the whole been polite to you and tried to help you in some small way has nothing to do with the part of the world you are from or your tone.... it's just very rude.

these guys are not being polite, their stubborn attitude to how greater than glory the mini080 -1/2 is is annoying. The unit has failed to perform based on 100000 different shortcomings it has and because the manufacturer can't sell it with a minSD card that it should work nor provide an instruction sheet or a troubleshooting table, then we rely on geeks to try and get by, but the bedroom experts know more about nothing and less about enough to make their feedback worthy . People keep pissing on about you get what you pay for but this unit is priced just like all the rest.... so are they all shyte? There is not even a playback application that the unit partners with... we have to rely on 3rd party maybe they will work apps. China... too busy pretending Tianninmin Square Massacre didn't happen to worry about selling decent product.

Back