Feature request: Auto reset after 5 seconds of 'SD card slow speed'

It had 2 options, a quick format and a full format. I assumed that was normal for a full format? Was probably more 3 hours to be honest

seems longer than it should take unless you have a particularly slow card reader

have you tested the card with h2testw at all? needs to be formatted prior to testing also but quick format is ok for that

Probably is a slow card reader to be honest is that test software available for a Mac?

thanks for your help anyway

no, there's a Mac equivalent called F3 but I don't know a lot about it, their choice of name for the program makes it harder to search for info also, not sure but @Harsh might know, he's pretty cluey with the Mac stuff

no, there's a Mac equivalent called F3 but I don't know a lot about it, their choice of name for the program makes it harder to search for info also, not sure but @Harsh might know, he's pretty cluey with the Mac stuff

it was a brand new card so should be OK. What worries is I’m not the only one and so many of us have random issues. Like the others I just unplug the cam and plug it back in and it’s ok for a few more hours. So strange

it was a brand new card so should be OK.
can tell you from experience that brand new cards can still be a problem, I've used literally thousands of cards an occasional problem card can and does happen, some brands more so than others, but no brand is exempt, not to say you can't have a problem camera, that certainly happens too but cards aren't foolproof either unfortunately

can tell you from experience that brand new cards can still be a problem, I've used literally thousands of cards an occasional problem card can and does happen, some brands more so than others, but no brand is exempt, not to say you can't have a problem camera, that certainly happens too but cards aren't foolproof either unfortunately
That’s fair. I just can’t afford to buy another card for it to do the same thing. That’s why I liked the guys suggestion for this thread. Get it to turn off the error after a period of time. Means I don’t have to pull the power cable while driving.

That’s fair. I just can’t afford to buy another card for it to do the same thing.
you suggest you should be buying another card, if it's a problem card it should be replaced under warranty

That’s why I liked the guys suggestion for this thread. Get it to turn off the error after a period of time. Means I don’t have to pull the power cable while driving.
to be honest I think that's a poor suggestion, if there's a firmware problem they should spend the time resolving it, not spend time making a work around to make it sort of work

you suggest you should be buying another card, if it's a problem card it should be replaced under warranty

to be honest I think that's a poor suggestion, if there's a firmware problem they should spend the time resolving it, not spend time making a work around to make it sort of work

the card works fine except for that slow speed error though and I agree they should fix the problem with firmware in an ideal scenario but they have no idea why it does it.

the card works fine except for that slow speed error though and I agree they should fix the problem with firmware in an ideal scenario but they have no idea why it does it.
the easiest problems to fix are the ones that are repeatable, when it's only some users that are affected it's certainly a lot harder, still when it's something like a card speed error it's wise to rule out the card as the actual problem, slow cards do happen

Plenty examples of this sadly :( so fixing it should be possible.

I'd be willing to lose some bitrate or resolution (not a lot) if that is what it takes to get 100% reliability, as I believe reliability is the most important aspect of any dashcam.

Phil

The results from running F3 against the SD card show the card is fine I think?
F3 Results.png

Yeah looks it. Guess I'll wait with the rest of us for a firmware fix :(

Will pm you the firmware when it comes out!

I'd suggest a better approach would be to post the firmware publicly, along with a changelog explaining what has been done. Trying to handle this widespread issue on a case-by-case basis is only going to result in you spending lots of time sending PM's and emails with some people still being missed well into the future.

Phil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A B1W 20
M B1W 19
S B1W 3
D B1W 9
G B1W 24
Back