Feature request: Auto reset after 5 seconds of 'SD card slow speed'

With WIFI always on, do you know if that will affect my car battery much?
Does not affect much. Its WiFi module working current 30mah about!

So now my 64gb card is getting the same slow speed error :(. I'm at a loss as what to do now. I'm not going to keep buying SD cards.

So now my 64gb card is getting the same slow speed error
Check if any unknown files in the memory card and format the card both on your computer and in the APP!

I've done that now, will let you know. If it happens again what do I do?

Today I confirmed the source of SLOW SD CARD message. Previously my solution was pulling the micro USB canle out and put it back in but it would fix it for a short time. Today I noticed the SD card is not wanting to come out. It would not click to release when pushed in. After 5min struggle finally clicked and came out. I have 3 of these cameras and two ofem are in my car (sport suspension) that have this SLOW SPEED error. Just checked the other one and had the same issue. Apparently due to heat OR vibrations SD card loses pin contacts and error pops up. Once you reinsert the card it's fixed for significantly longer time than re-plugging the USB cable.

I have a sandisk ultra. About once every 3 months, I get "slow card". In ONLY happens right when I start the car. Unplug/plug always fixes it for a few months. It is definitely not a bad card, and it has NEVER went to slow card while I'm driving. It's when the car starts and powers on the camera. The auto-reboot would be great for this situation.

There's enough of us now for it not to be a camera or card issue. Must be a firmware issue.

There's enough of us now for it not to be a camera or card issue. Must be a firmware issue.
Ask the seller to exchange a camera?

Ask the seller to exchange a camera?
I tried but they advised to try a different SD card. Tried my 3rd one and still get the message. Not very good if there are lots of B1W's around with the same issue. We've all confirmed and tested that our SD cards are ok so we're kind of stuck now.

Maybe you should try reinstalling the firmware? Errors could accumulate in the firmware with frequent on / off dashcam, although first of all, the problem is more often in the memory card.
In my experience, I only got this error once and I replaced the card, now there are no problems. I use microSDXC SanDisk High Endurance V30 U3 and UHS-I U1 TOSHIBA M203 64GB cards.
SanDisk High Endurance  U3 V30.jpg
PS: probably something with the cards that we are trying to find cheaper;)

Last edited:
How about the experience with the SanDisk Ultra A1 card 32Gb and Samsung EVO 32Gb card?
I'm currently using a 64gb Samsung EVO card which gets a lot less errors but I still hear it now and again. I wanted the 128gb card though as I record 24/7 so need the space.

I'm currently using a 64gb Samsung EVO card which gets a lot less errors but I still hear it now and again. I wanted the 128gb card though as I record 24/7 so need the space.
Give it a try the new batches B1W which comes with a newer chipset GM8136s then...

I’ve bought a new SD card an endurance one designed for webcams, hopefully that fixes it
Was working well for a week and then bam error again today. Think I'm going to throw my B1W in the bin and go with a different brand. Shame

Tell me your order number and shipping address, I will offer you a memory card for testing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A B1W 20
M B1W 19
S B1W 3
D B1W 9
G B1W 24
Back