Feitelijk's SG9665GC

Got a bit closer and switched off the lights.
Sony NEX6 exposure 1/6th ISO 3200
Z2TE5GW.jpg

G90C
dw2n1L5.jpg

SG9665GC
30gmoVW.jpg

So it looks like the GC can do a lot better with lights off. But driving around like that looks iffy to me.

I have recieved complaints about image quality. People could not see what this movie was about, not even when I told them to look inside the car in front.
Do you agree?

I have recieved complaints about image quality. People could not see what this movie was about, not even when I told them to look inside the car in front.
Do you agree?

unusual keepsake he has there, looks like he is on his way to building a 'redneck dreamcatcher'

Didn't know that term! Thanks!

Got hte G90 out for another low sun comparison. Really happy with the beta 27. (centerAE mediumContrast)

Great, looked like the different settings didn't do too much.

Contrast settings do seem to have an effect.

RrYNK3y.jpg

vGtWDLz.jpg

Smurfs have been chased away aswell.
Beta 27 on med contrast
6DIUFEM.jpg

Beta 30 on -1 contrast
WQrrYpd.jpg

Oh, apparently it's not completely gone.

Taking the motionblur here, and out of the firmware discussion:

It was suggested that my headlights would have something to do with the illegibility of the license plates.

I beg to differ. Plates are fine when stationary. On the move they are blurred into illegibility.

You're in a car park there though so the exposure times are up causing blur?

Yeah that was kind of the idea!
I can't read any plates at night:

The carpark and slow turn was a nice testcase, I will try with EV -2 to see what the cam prefers in low lighting. I would like a bias towards high ISO rather than high exposuretimes.

Tried with -1EV, Here you do see the light directly on the plates due to the low placement of the lights (and the cam).
But I think motionblur is less (I could also have been moving slower)

in case you're wondering I haven't sent the sample we discussed yet as I have another sample I'm waiting on arriving and will be sending together
If you're interested I've noticed some fleeting instances of 'blue shift' on my V2 running Beta 30 F/W. Nothing as extreme or long lasting as other examples I've seen but I can provide the videos if you think it may help.

If you're interested I've noticed some fleeting instances of 'blue shift' on my V2 running Beta 30 F/W. Nothing as extreme or long lasting as other examples I've seen but I can provide the videos if you think it may help.

Does the blue shift occur just after the camera encounters yellow lighting or a large yellow object?

Does the blue shift occur just after the camera encounters yellow lighting or a large yellow object?
No, unless you consider an overcast day to be yellow.

Here's a full 5 minute clip that has a few instances. At the beginning it's already in a 'blue shift' and normalizes in a few seconds. Between about 1:15 and 2:00 you can see 2 more occurrences. At about 2:30 the image has a less severe blue shift that's really noticeable as I complete the left turn at the bottom of the exit ramp and it normalizes - that one could be impacted by the exposure changing pretty dramatically at the same time.

If you watch the pavement color you can see the white balance continually adjusting.

Specifics:
F/W: V3 Beta 30
A/E: 0, Center Weighted
Contrast: -2
CPL

Back