Feitelijk's SG9665GC

No it's just right. You probably missed the black Westfield mug hidden in the tupperware with the green lid.
We98QGu.jpg
Actualy, i dont get it. What's the benefit of one glass for one drink ? Is this:we don't have to wash the class after drink ? :D

Of course!

why aren't there unwashed empty cups on the table for the same thing? that's something ive seen before, finish a cup, go get a new one and pile the empties up on the table until someone collects them or runs out.

Sound comparison between the G90C (FAAC 128.5kbit@48kHz) and the SG9665GC (PCM 512kbit@32kHz).

So what's the trick? Just a good quality microphone?

good example

GC picks up all audio nice and clear as usual :)

As usual? Sounds like more of the usual SG propaganda machine talk at work here than anything else.

Well, in any event, I'm please to see that the audio was finally fixed on the V2.

The V1 had truly excellent audio but each sample of the V2 I've had experience with had absolutely terrible audio that was badly muffled and where the engine noises would overwhelm interior cabin sounds.

It has only been with the recent firmware updates that the V2 audio has thankfully been restored to its former quality.

Yeah we found a bug in the audio that was fixed recently, one of those things that creep in due to an unrelated change elsewhere, we had one user that was testing something else that was rolling back and forward between different versions testing something else that stumbled across the pattern to the problem which lead to the fix happening

Can't find anything recent in the releasenotes was it fixed on 20160111?
The V1 had truly excellent audio but each sample of the V2 I've had experience with had absolutely terrible audio that was badly muffled and where the engine noises would overwhelm interior cabin sounds.

I don't really have an interior so that might explain why I didn't notice. :p

Not all cameras were affected by it as it needed specific circumstances for it to become apparent, majority of users were either unaffected or never mentioned it if they were, one of the reasons it took longer to identify and resolve

Yeah we found a bug in the audio that was fixed recently, one of those things that creep in due to an unrelated change elsewhere, we had one user that was testing something else that was rolling back and forward between different versions testing something else that stumbled across the pattern to the problem which lead to the fix happening
jokiin just bite ur tongue

Not as clear and loud as Mini 0903 I have to say ;)
Do you have an example?
There's another thing. youtube resamples the sound to compressed faac 72kbit.

Not all cameras were affected by it as it needed specific circumstances for it to become apparent, majority of users were either unaffected or never mentioned it if they were, one of the reasons it took longer to identify and resolve

I was originally going to mention the audio problem over in my "GC discouragements" thread many months ago but just never bothered with it as I considered the video quality shortcomings to be of greater importance. Since I have three Mobius cameras in my vehicle that provide outstanding audio quality I figured that when I do need to capture audio I've got it covered anyway regardless of the deterioration that manifested with my V2.

Interestingly, since I have both a V1 and a V2 I was able to compare them side by side simultaneously and the difference was dramatic. It was clearly not just some perception thing. My otherwise fairly quiet engine sounded like a jet plane with the V2 and cabin sounds like voices and the radio were muffled and essentially unintelligible. At the time, I speculated that it was a hardware issue, perhaps a change of a component in the V2 production run at the factory such as a different microphone.

Anyway, I'm pleased that the problem was firmware based and apparently was resolved in beta 26. Now the audio is excellent again.

Last edited:
I find it such a pity that I can't read licenseplates at 20km/h.
This volvo was parked in a reserved handicapspot for another car.
Od4LbFP.jpg

This is partly by the angle in which licht has to pass through the windshield and partly motionblur. I can see the plate of the aar n the distance just fine.

we need a little externally mounted camera comes with a surround that can be painted the cars colour and screws on from under the roof lining and look permanent and part of the car just above the front window.

Nighttime!
SG9665GC, centerAE, lowContrast
Eahoh5G.jpg

G90C
wykgHR0.jpg

Sony NEX6 exposure 1/30 ISO3200, through the windschield.
7Ox6BLa.jpg

Back