Feitelijk's SG9665GC

he he, I like the stalking bit, in fact I have become a bit of groupie since joining the GC club.:)

Perhaps this was missed due to the foam discussion, any thoughts?
What I miss is the possibility of playback and the ability to protect or remove clips on the camera. The novatek does it on other cams so I guess it's a design choice.
Using it as a cardreader is possible but what "it's not designed todo this" means I don't know. It complains about low battery (ironically because of the capacitor) when connected to a PC, but it does work for copying files.

Difficult lighting conditions but I guess this could really be improved, I have not seen this much glare in other cams.

On beta 20151230.v2

Oeh oeh! New version! where can I find it?

Man, now it didn't even take the update from a windows machine. I'll try it tonight on the one I did it the last time.

Jup worked on the laptop.
Will be testing 20160111.v2 tomorrow.
Strange thing, the releasenotes say that beta4 is dated december 17th, while beta3 is december 31st...

Any more hints about changes made in this beta?

Jup worked on the laptop.
Will be testing 20160111.v2 tomorrow.
Strange thing, the releasenotes say that beta4 is dated december 17th, while beta3 is december 31st...

Any more hints about changes made in this beta?

Engineers are using different previously tested beta firmware platform, hence you see "past dates". Explanation may be that January ( 2016 ) beta 3 was update of 31 Dec ' 15 beta and January ( 2016 ) beta 4 is based on 17 Dec '15 with some upgrade taken from beta 3 and added to 16 Dec'15 beta. It is always test'n'try with back and forth constant tests combining some positive results from earlier beta firmware. @jokiin may explain you more correctly at some stage why you see a mix of dates.

we were testing some IQ changes only in that build, it was done earlier but took longer before it was released to testers, once confirmed those changes were added to what we had already been testing in the 3rd beta release for the next build which is the beta 5 you have now

Not too happy with the nighttime 20160111.v2
It adds a blur

d5BWxgL.jpg
OrYSGYY.jpg
ePMsbuX.jpg
YgEdGvj.jpg

can you roll back to previous version and check again?

also can you double check lens or window has no fingerprints or similar

There is always a motion blur at night and comparing my test I did not found any marginal "added" motion blur.
Tests must be done side by side at same time, at the same speed, at exactly the same light conditions. Too many factors may affect perception of image quality, especially at night if not made side by side at same time.

SG9665GC Top: SG20160111.v2, Bottom: SG20151109.V2

SG9665GC Top SG20160111.v2 vs Bottom SG20151109 (1).jpg

SG9665GC Top SG20160111.v2 vs Bottom SG20151109 (2).jpg

SG9665GC Top SG20160111.v2 vs Bottom SG20151109 (3).jpg

SG9665GC Top SG20160111.v2 vs Bottom SG20151109 (4).jpg

SG9665GC Top SG20160111.v2 vs Bottom SG20151109 (5).jpg

SG9665GC Top SG20160111.v2 vs Bottom SG20151109 (6).jpg

Yes, many variables. but I don't have the luxury of sideby side cams.

can you roll back to previous version and check again?
also can you double check lens or window has no fingerprints or similar

Window and lens look fine to me. It was dry so I don't expect much difference between yesterday and today.
I could revert but I think I would need a link to beta3 again.

Ah wait. my bad. The upgrade resets all the settings to factory, and I was running at -2/3EV before....:oops:

Ah wait. my bad. The upgrade resets all the settings to factory, and I was running at -2/3EV before....:oops:

ok, for comparison should at least be with same settings

I'll put the link to beta 3 back in the firmware thread in case you want to roll back also

Difficult lighting conditions but I guess this could really be improved, I have not seen this much glare in other cams.

Beta5 still shows too much glare to my liking:
BxsZLq5.jpg

Back