Feitelijk's SG9665GC

Beta5 still shows too much glare to my liking:
BxsZLq5.jpg
Driving into the low sun is always difficult for most dashcams. Very hard to get AWB to suit day and night balance.

Driving into the low sun is always difficult for most dashcams. Very hard to get AWB to suit day and night balance.

that is a challenge, improve this and then night results suffer, it is something we're still looking at though

Yeah. After 100-s of different dashcams FW tests I have not seen yet any model / FW that would have perfectly balanced AWB to fit day and night.
For me personally I got used to overbrightened sky area in difficult light conditions and I ignore it, as long as I can see action on "vital area" of the footage.

Last edited:
For me personally I got used to overbrightened sky area in difficult light conditions and I ignore it, as long as I can see action on "vital area" of the footage.

I do appreciate the appeal of more natural looking video though

I do appreciate the appeal of more natural looking video though
We heading in this direction to get natural looking video and at the same time having best possible balanced AWB for day and night.

This is at -2/3 EV.
Should I try with the WDR off?

This is at -2/3 EV.
Should I try with the WDR off?

you can try the different settings and see how it goes, main reason I asked is just to know what setting you were using at the time so that when I show the engineers the result they know how it was set

I don't remember my GT680 having this much glare. Let me try to find an example.

Well that was a bit of a search, but IU found one wher I did not have the CPL on de 680.
6zTqaXJ.jpg

so actually ther is a lot of glare off the clouds, but not as much as a SG9665GC without clouds.

Beta5 still shows too much glare to my liking:
BxsZLq5.jpg
May I suggest you try turning the camera lens down one notch. You will capture more of the ground (and your car bonnet and dash) but at least it might reduce the glare from the sky.

Won't help much.
and in the other car it can go down any further because the max angle of the cam is 62 degrees.

nRhdIFl.jpg

Tough conditions, but shouldn't the WDR boost the darker areas and dull the brighter parts?

Yes it is.
This is in de Daihatsu, EV -2/3.

I can aim it further down (in this car/not the other). In fact this is more down than I had it.

But does this help?
Will the WDR boost the darker areas around de edges if the sun is higher? Does it not measure intensities all over the image?

I can aim it further down (in this car/not the other). In fact this is more down than I had it.

But does this help?
Will the WDR boost the darker areas around de edges if the sun is higher? Does it not measure intensities all over the image?

it may or may not help but I was more concerned that you said it didn't have enough adjustment to aim it down, even when horizontal it still points slightly down, no window is that steep though

Misunderstood...

Back