FineVu CR-500HD from Apple-CT

DashCamMan

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Elvis7 said:
im looking to buy the cr500hd and seeing as blackboxmycar.com has yet to sell it, my only option is apple ct but when I asked them about the language, they said only the manual is in English and the software is in Korean, now then , does that mean the camera seetings and the cam language is also in Korean? and how will I set up the cam is I cannot read anything o_O

has anyone bought a cr500hd from them ?

Hi Elvis7,

I believe they are coming out with the English firmware by end of this month. The setup is really simple so you should be able to manage in Korean.

Here is the Korean configuration menu.
dashcamtalk.com_cams_cr_500hd_FineVu_20CR_500HD_20Korean_20Settings.jpg

And the equivalent English configuration menu.
dashcamtalk.com_cams_cr_500hd_FineVu_20CR_500HD_20English_20Settings.jpg

Dash Cam Man

Re: Can anyone recommend Apple-CT ?

If you have an Android phone, you could also use this Android App to configure the camera.

Dash Cam Man

Re: Can anyone recommend Apple-CT ?

nice thank you, and they said that I will be able to upgrade the cam to English? right now the voice is in Korean and they said that possible software English upgrade is possible. is this true or should I wait for the English version to be released.

they seem to be giving me a great deal on this. 360 for cr500,filter and power magic(off ebay with paypal)(390 on ebay). 420 for cr500,filter, gps and power magic.

and they said ill have a one year warranty or can buy 3 years for 53$ with a 3rd party company.

I really need a new cam, I purchased a genius fhd600 on Tuesday and its great but it keep hanging and low light sucks.

so should I purchase or not?

the picture quality seems to be a lot better at night and day with the cr500 compared to the itronics and there seems to be a lot more options with the finevu also(more advanced parking mode, with visual motion as well as shock recording and easy buttons...). so ive found a seller, 216 for the itronics with power magic.. 344 for the cr500 with power magic . the only thing is, do I need the Cpl filter for the cr500 or not, because that adds another 40$

I am leaning towards the CR-500HD from blackboxmycar.com for just over $300.

The video really is crisp from what I can tell. Also, this company is based in vancouver, BC which is where I live.

I dont see the GPS add on though on their site.

Hi mstoetz1,

The video is very good, if not the best, for a dash cam today. It is an expensive cam, but if you are looking for the best, this is the one to buy.

I hope so.. I bought one about an hour ago from blackboxmycar. I'm a bit confused about if its GPS capable, and what I need to do that.

I bought a GS5000 as well this morning from HK (foxoffer?)... I don't mind trying a few to see what they are like.

My goal is to make it very stealth so I don't get my car broken into.

mstoetz1 said:
I hope so.. I bought one about an hour ago from blackboxmycar. I'm a bit confused about if its GPS capable, and what I need to do that.

I bought a GS5000 as well this morning from HK (foxoffer?)... I don't mind trying a few to see what they are like.

My goal is to make it very stealth so I don't get my car broken into.

I have the CR-500HG and love it, I also have the power magic pro for parking mode hard wired in. It works perfectly. The GPS requires a GPS receiver add on for the FineVue, I didn't want GPS at all as if I'm in an accident i don't want some lawyer saying i was speeding to muck up the reason for having one.

Back