FineVu CR-500HD has finally arrived!

Milamber

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
A129 Pro Duo
It's arrived! I've been waiting ages for this :) I got it from dream-seller on eBay, his store is here

I will post some pics when it's been installed with the Power Magic Pro, I will be having an auto electrician install this directly into the mains since my vehicle was fitted with emergency lights by police and the cable is to connect to the accessories panel is all wired and ready!

If anyone needs the latest firmware and app, I backed it up from this site (just in case) - Will add to my sig

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-QAOiR ... lTOE0/edit

Last edited by a moderator:
DashCamMan said:
Looking forward to your review!

How can we donate DashcamMan? Without this site I wouldn't have been able to make my decision on this cam, nor would I have been able to get the English Firmware or read the manual in English.

Hi Milamber,

I haven't really thought about accepting donations. Right now, I don't think it is necessary.

I think the best way to give back is to share an honest review (positives and negatives) about a dash cam that you have purchased. Since there is so little English info on these dash cams, receiving unbiased information from owners is the best donation I can ask from our members.

I decided on trying a CR-500HD today, and ordered online (very good pricing and great to deal with) from blackboxmycar.com (they are located in Vancouver, BC). After the online order, I decided to go personally and pick it up, so I can install it today.

They also had the GPS add-on as well which I purchased as well.

I wasn't sure where to mount it, but decided on beside the mirror for now. Its also just below the tint, and not very visible from outside.

I love how it vocally tells you status of recording, GPS etc.

I'll post pictures of the install later.

Has anyone noticed that this camera shakes and is not very sturdy when the camera is inserted into the mounting bracket that sticks to the window?

Picture

Check this out:

The wheel that is used to tighten the camera to the mount is tight... :(

Milamber said:
Has anyone noticed that this camera shakes and is not very sturdy when the camera is inserted into the mounting bracket that sticks to the window?

Picture

Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aZ6eomkQD8

The wheel that is used to tighten the camera to the mount is tight... :(

Let me ask you this question. If you grab onto or touch the camera, does it wiggle any? If the camera wiggles by a simple touch then unscrew the mounting bracket and make sure the little clip on the opposit side is clicked into place. If the little clip is not clipped into place, there will be a little gap. This gap will not hold the ball in place and possibly cause the wiggle. The mounting bracket comes apart in two pieces. There is a clip on one side that needs to be locked into place before the screw is tightened. The mounting bracket connects to the base plate via a short round shaft with a lip.

Thanks for the reply AmericanDriver.

I have checked the camera and I have found the problem... where the plastic clips from the camera slide into the top of the mount, that configuration is not very tight and I can jolt the camera slightly with touch. Any ideas how I can stop the wiggling? It's actually a design problem I think...

Milamber said:
Thanks for the reply AmericanDriver.

I have checked the camera and I have found the problem... where the plastic clips from the camera slide into the top of the mount, that configuration is not very tight and I can jolt the camera slightly with touch. Any ideas how I can stop the wiggling? It's actually a design problem I think...

Try turning around the camera and snap the camera back into the mount. If this still does not get a good solid mount, then yes, I would say you have a defect. I would call the person you purchased it from and complain.

Back