FineVU GPS receiver question

Reaction score
Country
United States
I cannot seem to find any info on the specs of the GPS receiver that FineVU sells for the CR-500HD. I know the receiver can receive the American GPS satellites, but what about the Russian Glonass satellites? All iPhone 4s smart phones have both receivers And get give very accurate directions.

Question 2
Can the FineVu CR-500HD use any GPS Receiver, or is it paired with only the FineVU receiver? To me, it would seem logical that the CR-500HD could use any receiver as long as it has the correct plug, but who am I to say.

Hi AmericanDriver,

Unfortunately I don't have much information on this device (FG-100). You can download the Korean user manual here. Using google translate, it does not answer the questions you are looking for.

AmericanDriver said:
Question 2
Can the FineVu CR-500HD use any GPS Receiver, or is it paired with only the FineVU receiver? To me, it would seem logical that the CR-500HD could use any receiver as long as it has the correct plug, but who am I to say.

FineVu CR-300HD/CR-500HD work with only FineVu GPS Receiver.
I and many people testing any GPS Receiver with correct plug - not working.

Sorry for digging that old thread :) .

Has someone checked if it is possible to connect the GPS and a monitor at the same time (they share the same port)?
For example by using a y-wired cable (one end to the CR500 AV out, two ends for GPS and monitor)? Or is lower resistance of two parallel devices a drawback?
Its not really a no-go, but dissatisfying for such an expensive device that there is no dedicated port for a GPS.

Regards

yes you can, the gps unit has video out also

Thanks for replying.
I noticed that the GPS unit has a plugs for power out, but not also one for AV out :D .
Documents are sometimes very confidential with information.

Regards

Back