Firmware 129 Plus

Viofo sell and ......They will become ... another common DVR brand. ;)
Hi ! You have fully conveyed the essence of my message! In the older and cheaper version of V3, this feature is present. And everyone who chose and bought a new product, with a more expensive one, is also waiting for attention from Viofo. Are we worse than the V3 users? We hope that we have made the right choice and the manufacturer will support us as much as we did - by choosing Viofo for their machines.

I am 99.9% sure that most of the Viofo product goes on sale in Russia, and we also want to support the project that will be supported and developed by the manufacturer. If you do not develop the firmware and sit on the stock SDК, this project is doomed to failure.
Viofo should always listen to its users!
Viofo should be a connecting link, producer-consumer, and the consumer should be listened to, we promote his brand on the market, and not the brand makes us.
Sincerely.
It is very difficult to gain popularity, but it is very easy to lose it, there are many examples of this in the history of car registrars, as soon as sales fall, brands go bankrupt and are forced to yield the palm to newcomers who will listen to the consumer.
Thanks to all.

Last edited:
Hi ! You have fully conveyed the essence of my message! In the older and cheaper version of V3, this feature is present.
To not offer all the features in all models is an omnipresent strategy in the market, not only in dashcam market. It would be understandable if Viofo didn't brag so much that they include in their firmwares the request of buyers. See screenshot of the product sold by Viofo's sales intermediary (self intitulated sole Viofo importer) from Romania...
I really understand your frustration.

Attachments

• fw.jpg
    fw.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
According to Viofo, there is an issue with the HDR feature on Novateks end. According to Viofo, they are waiting for Novatek to fix the issue, which my or may not happen. HDR does not work well on the A119V3, so I would not count on seeing it implemented on the A129 Plus anytime soon. There is no point in adding a feature that does not work.

Reactions: Mtz
HDR does not work well on the A119V3
Are you sure? Maybe it didn't work as expected in daylight, but it makes a damn good job in total darkness, see in video below. Somebody even recomended to Viofo to implement an auto activation feature of HDR after dusk (by using set time of camera).

Are you sure? Maybe it didn't work as expected in daylight, but it makes a damn good job in total darkness, see in video below. Somebody even recomended to Viofo to implement an auto activation feature of HDR after dusk (by using set time of camera).

Yes, I've seen this. If it was possible to reliably have the camera turn the HDR on/off based on light, that would be great. However, this may just add more issues than it's worth. Not sure.

Reactions: Mtz
That's all of you, I'm not sure, I don't know ...............
In Russian it is called: "Only the one who does nothing is not mistaken!" (y)

To not offer all ....
wow! So you have the same descriptions for Viofo . This is very serious already for a serious Brand and its dealers in different countries! I wonder how Viofo representatives will comment on this? And they will give us a full answer .

for a serious Brand and its dealers in different countries!
They only know to sell, nothing more. What to expect from a tiny store with a big boss and 2-3 employee, maybe less? Especially in our countries. To know what hdr vs wdr means? Lol. Maybe in West is better from this point of view: better laws, better selection of employees etc. That's why I called trusted brand that one who can offer minimum but solid support...
In this story (concernig the resellers) it's not necessarily the fault of Viofo China. But they may be more selective and critical concerning their collaborators.

They only know to sell, nothing more. What to expect from a tiny store with a big boss and 2-3 employee, maybe less? Especially in our countries. To know what hdr vs wdr means? Lol. Maybe in West is better from this point of view: better laws, better selection of employees etc. That's why I called trusted brand that one who can offer minimum but solid support...
In this story (concernig the resellers) it's not necessarily the fault of Viofo China. But they may be more selective and critical concerning their collaborators.

Curious what you consider a trusted brand in dash cams?
Are you willing to pay a premium for a trusted brand like Garmin but get a worse product?

Are you willing to pay a premium for a trusted brand like Garmin but get a worse product?
If having a better product is a lottery, yes, maybe I prefer a worse product. I already had a bad experience with these "better products". ;) I'm sure you already know.

Seems like the Garmin Dash Cam 56 is available in Romania with a 30 day return policy. Not a tiny store with 2-3 employees since eMAG is the "Amazon" of Romania.

If you are looking for a "trusted brand that one who can offer minimum but solid support", why did you not choose Garmin from the largest eCommerce retailer in Romania? The choice is available.

I don't think it's appropriate to ask that! People themselves have the right to make their own choice and where to spend their money! No need to look in other people's pockets. That's not the question. And the fact that the manufacturer would support the people who made the choice of their equipment and gave their money for it. We can only watch and wait for the reaction of technical support! While it is very sad that more attention and effort is given to podderdku V3. Although we do not know all the circumstances and therefore we will just wait.

Seems like the Garmin Dash Cam 56 is available in Romania with a 30 day return policy. Not a tiny store with 2-3 employees since eMAG is the "Amazon" of Romania.

If you are looking for a "trusted brand that one who can offer minimum but solid support", why did you not choose Garmin from the largest eCommerce retailer in Romania? The choice is available.
What's the point of your post? What's the connection between a store and a manufacturer and how a store can contribute to make a manufacturer a trusted one? It seems to me that your reasoning has serious logical fractures. For me, like buyer, let's say it's the same to buy from a small or a big store, because the laws protect me, by so-called commercial warranty. On the other hand, it is true that things go much better at a large store than at a small boutique, as I already experimented myself.
I know that on this forum the sponsors (nota bene, so called "trusted brands") and not the users are protected, but let's keep a certain decency in the posts ... Mr. administrator. ;)

Last edited:
I know that on this forum the sponsors and not the users are protected (nota bene, so called trusted brands), but let's keep a certain decency in the posts ... Mr. administrator. ;)
there are no sponsors on this forum, nobody is exempt from the rules either

Lol, allow me to doubt. Especially when Admin feels compelled to appear with such posts as above. And don't say me that it was a well-intentioned "recommendation"...

Last edited:
Back