Firmware 129 Plus

What's the point of your post? What's the connection between a store and a manufacturer and how a store can contribute to make a manufacturer a trusted one? It seems to me that your reasoning has serious logical fractures. For me, like buyer, let's say it's the same to buy from a small or a big store, because the laws protect me, by so-called commercial warranty. On the other hand, it is true that things go much better at a large store than at a small boutique, as I already experimented myself.
I know that on this forum the sponsors (nota bene, so called "trusted brands") and not the users are protected, but let's keep a certain decency in the posts ... Mr. administrator. ;)

There are no sponsors at all on this forum. Funding is from 2 sources. Google Adsense ads and Affiliate links (primarily Amazon). Site has never receieved any money directly from any dash cam manuacturer. None of the posts are censored unless they break the rules. So your accusations are false.

Also if this forum is biased, what dash cams would you recommend that are better value with reasons than the ones listed here:

Problem is people complain about not getting premium service yet are not willing to pay for premium service.

There are no sponsors at all on this forum. Funding is from 2 sources. Google Adsense ads and Affiliate links (primarily Amazon). Site has never receieved any money directly from any dash cam manuacturer. None of the posts are censored unless they break the rules. So your accusations are false.

Also if this forum is biased, what dash cams would you recommend that are better value with reasons than the ones listed here:

Problem is people complain about not getting premium service yet are not willing to pay for premium service.
Dear administrator! This is spam! We are not interested , to be honest, who is sponsoring whom . And please, do not look into the pockets of consumers yourself next time , and even more so give advice on how people spend their money. If you noticed, then it was from your message that the topic with Viofo went to the side and off-topic. We are more interested in the Brand's problems and its owners ' support. With respect to the administration....

Reactions: gse
People also want a perfect cam which has never been built by anyone and never will be.

Most mature adults understand and accept this as how things are. A few people have thought they could do better and none have succeeded- in fact many have lost everything they had trying to build that more perfect cam.

Viofo has heard the requests and will do what he can for them, but nothing was ever promised here so you can't expect anything. If you don't like his cams as they are right now don't buy them. Many people do like them, far more than the few who don't, and that should be telling you something.

Phil

HDR can be also implemented on A129 plus.
Summarizing:
  • Please, implement HDR feature. Customers dissatisfied with the function will not have to turn this option on.
  • Please make the new 2K 21: 9 (2560 x 1080) resolution available with 60 FPS.
@viofo Your comment will be highly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Summarizing:
  • Please, implement HDR feature. Customers dissatisfied with the function will not have to turn this option on.
They won’t have to turn it on but they will complain if the function doesn’t work correctly.
If it’s a case of viofo not being happy that the implementation works correctly then it would be crazy to activate it.
People will generally have more of a problem with a function not working properly than they would with it not being an option and that would then affect viofo’s customer satisfaction level and reputation.

@Mtrev Come on, HDR has been implemented in the A119 V3 model and you mainly hear about the fact of the new feature itself. It is thanks to this that Viofo becomes more recognizable!

@Mtrev Come on, HDR has been implemented in the A119 V3 model and you mainly hear about the fact of the new feature itself. It is thanks to this that Viofo becomes more recognizable!
But the point is, it depends if they’re happy they can implement it well. They might not be currently implementing it because they don’t think it is working properly in their tests.
It might be that they’re perfecting it or it might be none of them reasons, I’ve no idea.

They won’t have to turn it on but they will complain if the function doesn’t work correctly.
If it’s a case of viofo not being happy that the implementation works correctly then it would be crazy to activate it.
People will generally have more of a problem with a function not working properly than they would with it not being an option and that would then affect viofo’s customer satisfaction level and reputation.
Great post!
I don't think Viofo ever promised and named a feature which will be implemented if people will buy a dashcam.

Some people here think that if they bought their product Viofo must to implement any feature they consider is a must.

Regarding HDR, when Viofo implemented it there were some angry people asking why WDR disappeared. And I consider the disappearing of WDR is breaking the warranty and not not implementing HDR.

Just remember that Viofo had LDWS and FCWS on A119 as default feature from Novatek. Forum users and not only considered that features are not good but are there only to make people buying the A119 for that features.
Viofo understand that is not correct to sell a feature which is not working as people expect so they removed it in all next cameras. So they accepted to lose money even their competitors are still using them!
Today many manufacturers are presenting their cameras with LDWS and FCWS and selling because of these features. As @jokiin said many time ago, such features are working OK only if are provided by the car manufacturer. There is no dashcam to protect or serve you against driving faults.

enjoy,
Mtz

Summarizing:
We are working on HDR implement, and checking if it can support 21:9 2K 60fps.

Thanks for your suggestion.

That's wonderful news. We wait for HDR, because the readability of the plates at dusk, night and other low light condition is not at all good now.

Last edited:
Hello.

I updated the A129 Plus Duo but the rear camera version says v1.3.

Attachments

• 20210122_192620.jpg
    20210122_192620.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 19
Rear camera is still 1.3 and this is not a problem.

Back