Firmware 20131202 is out - E-Prance

Well I think we can confirm that this firmware version is the best one for stability yet to be released. My 3 cams have running great since the firmware was first released a couple of weeks ago, and not a single glitch at all... even the first troublesome cam has been working fine on this firmware. So it's looking very good indeed.

I have to say mine is running fine since the update apart from the line on the screen.. and it now works with the class 10 card sent with the camera.

Yes, it's definitely the best firmware yet released in my book. No problems at all on my end...

I've also had no problems on 1202 with a couple weeks or so now. Though I didn't on 1026 either.

So far so good for everyone here. It's been nearly 4 weeks with this version, running with Samsung 32GB class 10 card and it still hasn't failed.

Noob here - appreciate all the advice on this site from you guys.

I had problems with the 0801 which ended up in me finding this website via google and I ended up updating to the latest firmware above which I wouldn't have been able to do without the explanations from you guys.

I originally had the October firmware and had problems with the cam switching off after the card was full (I think) but the latest firmware seems to be working with no problems (touch wood)!

One strange thing that I have noticed is that the screen turns off after a set amount of time but this didn't happen on the October firmware. I panicked and thought it wasn't recording but it seems to still be recording and maybe its a setting that's making the screen turn off? Which leads me to ask is their a change-log for the new firmware or is that asking too much? :)

Cheers

There is an auto turn off screen setting, the default value depends on the firmware :) Sometimes it is set to 1 min, sometimes more.

AFAIK there is no changelog available. But the december firmware seems to be the most stable yet.

You can know if the camera is recording if the blue LED is blinking (if it blinks blue and red alternatively, it just means that the internal battery is charging too)

Hi I'm a newbie, I've just received a mini 0801 from E-prance without the GPS bracket. If I were to buy a GPS bracket from them and install this latest firmware with GPS (no internal memory version) does anyone know if this will then work?

Hi!

I bought a 0801 from e-prance and they gave me this post address for firmware download, but liked the discussion and decided to register.

I've been using mine with a Sandisk 16GB class 6 and I had to mute the cam, it wasn't recycling video files.

But so far I'm really enjoying this camera!

Asked e-prance for this firmware with kmh (I live in Brazil, we use metric system). I'll report back whatever answer they give me.

Happy new year!

I advise against buying from e-prance, as they have strung me along until well after 45 or 90 days on a refund, and now it looks like I'll never get it.

Really? Have you filed a complain by eBay customer support? It usually works for me!

Anyway, e-prance replied and said a fw with kmh will be available in 2 weeks...

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong guys. I formatted my card, unzipped the file, dragged the "bin" file into the root of the SD, plugged out the cable and yet I'm not getting anything showing on the camera to update the firmware. I've tried several versions of the bin file, turned the dashcam off and on again, reconnected with the cable etc. Still nothing coming up. Anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong?

what camera have you got with gps and internal memory or without. and what bin file you putting on to the device

I can't actually remember if it has internal memory or not - it didn't seem to say it when I order if from E-prance. It has GPS though and I have an external SD card. (16Gb)

I tried most of the files from the FAQ thread:
  • firmware-NO1-SPI-OV2710FLIP-TB15-M8452.bin
  • firmware-NO1.bin
  • firmware-NO1-SPI-TB15.bin
  • firmware-NO1-SPIF-TB15.bin
  • firmware-NO1-SPI-OV2710FLIP-TB15-MA310.bin

if you have internal memory it would have said 8gb internal and gps... what firmware is installed. hit middle button to stop recording and hold the top button until it brings the menu up. then check the firmware version installed...

if you have no memory and gps then you would need this one http://dashcamtalk.com/cams/mini0801/firmware-NO1-SPIF-TB15.zip unzip and place on a blank card. no folders nothing. then leave it switched off and insert the card... turn on and wait. it took mine a short while to do anything its has to boot into the os then load the firmware.

p.s. if it has internal memory then it will still record with no memory card inserted.

Finally! That worked perfectly Peter. There was so many threads about different files, renaming files, lower case letters, etc. I don't believe it said anywhere else to drag into the card with no folders - I only read drag into a formatted card etc. And the tutorial video on the FAQ page is pretty rubbish but in two posts you've sorted it out for me.

Thanks again. Very much appreciated.

Back