First batch of Mini0807 will be available in July

Okay...now i am confused....I get there is a lot of manufacturers Vs marketing companies and re branding and reselling etc...thats' fairly normal and perfectly acceptable..it looks.as best i can tell from very limited research that both Megtech and Skyhigh are the original manufacturers of the mini o805 and the mini 0806 and possibly some or all of the other 080X series as well.....does anybody have anymore clarification on this one.
I believe the design of mini 0806 Pro belongs to both Itracker and MEG , Itracker provide their rough ideas , a large part of designs and solutons are came up with MEG . it's MEG made it come ture . Flat glass panel ,whole body heat emission hole , magnet CPL and also the packing guard mount ,all the idea are thought by Rayman ---an outstanding designer and engineer . ;)
I think there is only one manufacturer as all the mini series are "Patented Design ":p

Hello Everyone,

This is Joy from Skyhigh electronics co.,ltd , we are original designer and manufacturer of Mini0801,Mini0803,Mini0805,Mini0807 and Mini0809 . We don't have oversea sales team before ,so we didn't participate in this forum. Now we have our own team .And we think we can give our customer who like Mini series products better support now .

Hereby we are glad to inform that first batch of Mini0807 will be available in July. Hope evreyone likes it!

What is the rationale behind introducing new models so frequently?

From what I've read, it seems like a lot of your customers are frustrated because of broken promises and poor quality control. Perhaps if you stopped to focus on fine tuning an existing product rather than moving on to something new you would improve your market share. Take a look at what KD Links has done with its X1 dash cam. https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00N8BM0BU While they certainly are not the market leader (yet) they know how to build a quality product, and more importantly, how to take care of their customers.

I'm concerned because I am now a mini 0806 customer and the last thing I want is to see your company fail because you're not paying attention to your customers and their needs.

the broken promises didn't come from the manufacturer, holding them responsible for what someone else has been saying is a bit a tough as a lot of it they have been unaware of, that's not to say the product shouldn't be improved but a lot of the feedback never got to the right people, not your fault as a consumer but there has been a lack of transparency

KDLinks has been mentioned here a few times, some of the Amazon activity is questionable, the way they do things I guess

Jokiin, I appreciate your response. As you can tell, I'm new to all of this so perhaps I misconstrued a few things. So that I'm clear, the mini 0806 is now able to use both of it's memory card slots? Are all of its other stated features fully functional with the latest firmware update?

Jokiin, I appreciate your response. As you can tell, I'm new to all of this so perhaps I misconstrued a few things. So that I'm clear, the mini 0806 is now able to use both of it's memory card slots? Are all of its other stated features fully functional with the latest firmware update?

I don't believe the 0806 works as advertised, again something that needs to be taken up with the people responsible for promoting it as having this functionality

I don't believe the 0806 works as advertised, again something that needs to be taken up with the people responsible for promoting it as having this functionality

This is all very strange to me. Isn't it usually the manufacturer that promises feature and benefits? And why would a manufacturer include two memory slots in its products if you can't use them. This is one of the reasons I nearly purchased a Garmin dash cam. Although their product may not be as good, at least the manufacture determines what the products features and benefits are and the distributor's mission is simply to sell the product. Clearly, I'm not used to the third party arrangements that many Chinese companies have.

Clearly, I'm not used to the third party arrangements that many Chinese companies have.

it gets messy when you have trading companies representing products they don't have control of

'promise you the world, give you an atlas' is a saying that springs to mind

So help me understand this. Here's what I purchased:
I'm assuming that SpyTec is the distributor and according to this thread, Skyhigh Electronics is the manufacturer. What other companies are involved in distributing this particular product?

Spytec is selling the product, I'm sure they advertise it in good faith, what they've been told the product will do and who by I'm not sure

if it doesn't meet your expectations or needs then best to take it up with Spytec, as a retailer I'm sure they'll look after you, they have a good track record

Its the misleading advertising in particular that really annoys me and seems designed to entice people to buy, knowing full well that not all features work properly as they should (as many have already posted previously).

This 'advertising' has to come from the manufacturer, surely, after-all who prints the brochures and lists the features on the product box (at least on mine anyway).

This 'advertising' is also happily perpetuated by the various re-sellers, either on E-bay or elsewhere, even though THEY already know that somethings don't function properly or at best only as novelty.

I have already asked on another thread about the advertising but funnily enough the 'manufacturer' on DashCamTalk is happy to announce other features and models yet seems too reluctant to reply to legitimate consumer questions, and then have the hide to expect our support for the next untested model.

The features touted were not coming from the developers, unfortunately some sales people get their ambitions mixed up with their capabilities and go promising things they have no idea how to implement, not good for the end users sadly

Its the misleading advertising in particular that really annoys me and seems designed to entice people to buy, knowing full well that not all features work properly as they should (as many have already posted previously).

This 'advertising' has to come from the manufacturer, surely, after-all who prints the brochures and lists the features on the product box (at least on mine anyway).

This 'advertising' is also happily perpetuated by the various re-sellers, either on E-bay or elsewhere, even though THEY already know that somethings don't function properly or at best only as novelty.

I have already asked on another thread about the advertising but funnily enough the 'manufacturer' on DashCamTalk is happy to announce other features and models yet seems too reluctant to reply to legitimate consumer questions, and then have the hide to expect our support for the next untested model.

Hi
I know we falsely advertised some features but this was as we were told numerous times by the 'manufacturer' numerous times these features were fine etc. However, after a while of trying it ourselves and firmware updates, we realised this was not going to materialize and removed them from our advertising.

May I disagree with you and say that a lot of resellers (us included) did not know any differently. I know of one reseller who essentially bragged to us how they got some many sales which was through incredibly misleading information, statements, and actually just lies, but apart from that all the others were as pissed off if not more so than the customers with the manufacturers. I also know of a lot of manufacturers who are now done with the 080x series because of the lack of trust in what is being touted and what is being delivered, and because the return rate is just increasing.

This was for JooVuu the straw that broke the camels back and has expedited our shift to higher end and more reliable cameras. We've also now instigated new testing protocols and setups so the cameras get a real vigorous test. But back on track.

Yes a lot of retailers screwed up, but they can only go by the information they have, and rest assured, they're far more pissed than you are about this.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

Hello Everyone,

This is Joy from Skyhigh electronics co.,ltd , we are original designer and manufacturer of Mini0801,Mini0803,Mini0805,Mini0807 and Mini0809 . We don't have oversea sales team before ,so we didn't participate in this forum. Now we have our own team .And we think we can give our customer who like Mini series products better support now .

Hereby we are glad to inform that first batch of Mini0807 will be available in July. Hope evreyone likes it!

Will they be at your US distributors in July? If so, do you have a more specific date of arrival?

Pssst... It's July...

1st. As already said a few posts above... MEG is the manufacturer of the 0806... Not Skyhigh ! So asking Joy for 0806 features is pointless.
2nd. YES, the both SD slots are working AND automatically switching.. It has been tested and proved by a member here on DCT ! It just did always start to write on slot B after a power off if there is a card in it... Which is not what's expected by most users here. The manual is not lying but imprecise and misleading. Same for parking guard function.
3rd. As already red a lot on 0806 threads despite MEG's efforts it seems that those half-baked features are on the shoulder of Ambarela, the PCB/fw manufacturer... Not Meg !

Ambarela, .... Are the producer. They sell parts with advertised specs & features (including basic fw).
MEG, Skyhigh,... Are the assembler. They buy & assemble the parts together and design a shell to make a sellable product combining all the promised specs of the parts (or don't use or hide some of them in their custom fw)
Spytech, joovuu, jokin,... Are resellers and sell the final product truthfully advertised with its "official" specs.

It is not a white &black world.... Some peoples prefer many beta/half baked features, some prefer not having to read a manual and stay with one main glitch proof function !

writing to both cards works if you don't power off the camera, once you do and restart it stops working, I wouldn't call that working, there's a whole lot of misinformation going around about this product, not just that, make any decision on this model based on what it does today, other proposed features may never come

Back