First look of Lenovo V5 Car DVR

I expect the subliminal messages in their advertising should allude to this extra level of protection ;)

I'd personally go way more obvious

Scene:
Car on a motorway/freeway driving a long, swerves in front of car A. Car A tries to avoid Car B but unfortunately cannot. Just before the inevitable crash, the camera transforms into optimus prevents the crash and then crushes Car B.

Who would not buy that camera?

I mean GoPro would probably make a really overly high spec version with missiles etc and market it as the toy of love or something

Xiaomi would then make a really cheap version that would stop working half way through and then provide no support when something went wrong.

But if Lenovo are making this, it would be a solid reliable camera with great support.

I see no actual reason not to buy this fantasy camera ;)

Cheers,

JooVuu

Personally I think you guys are missing the point - who cares if this is a camera...it's irrelevant, especially when you have optimus prime guarding your car. This camera could be WVGA for all I care, I have a bloody transformer guarding my car.

It takes motion detection to a whole new level. Little bump in the car park from the car in front? No problem, optimus destroys their car.

Cheers,

JooVuu

That would be OK. Then it could wirelessly summon an Execution Van to pick up the offending driver.

article-0-04220B97000005DC-153_468x363.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, better to stick to discussion of the distinctive, trend setting styling of this product.
:)

I think the 'swooshy' design suggests speed, and would confuse people who might want to park next to you,since they may think you are still moving. It's a safety feature.

:cool:

They should come as standard equipment on all of these
ASFSZat.jpg

Quite possibly the most hideous looking piece of tech I've ever seen. The designer needs to be captured by ISIS and beheaded!

Brian

Quite possibly the most hideous looking piece of tech I've ever seen. The designer needs to be captured by ISIS and beheaded!

Brian
That's little too extreme.
There are others much worse.

What? The camera?, .... or the Camaro? :confused::D
Hey now. Ha.
I am only just now starting to come around to the 5th Gen Camaro and I own a 4th gen

I think the new corvette looks like it deserves this dashcam.

We are starting to pre-sale lenovo V5.

I think this amazing will not make you down.

I'm not sure where to put this since Lenovo does not have there own section yet, but GearBest was kind enough to send me one of these Lenovo V5. I'll be completely honest. I was against looking at this one as most of you know as seen above it came across as Lenovo V5 DashCamera in Disguise. I thought most people here would not give it a second look.

Gearbest really thought I should take a look so going with my the more information the better motto I gave in and had them send me one.

You can purchase it here

I was a little worried at first because I asked for it to at least be a black one, and when it showed up there was a silver one on the box, but a black one was inside.

The packaging is rather nicely done
zx7j4mU.jpg

Oddly enough the Transformers point is driven home a little further with the yellow 5th Gen Camaro that looks a little like the one from the movie.

This is a Novatek 96650 based camera with a 120 degree lens. I have been using it for the past few days, but because of the coming holiday I have been a little behind and have a few different projects going on. (This as well as a few other camera projects most of you know about)

The packaging features a Lenovo licensed sticker this is the first time I have really noticed a seal of approval like this, but I might have missed it on other cameras.
L73efyK.jpg

LwbSV9H.jpg

3Irqxg7.jpg

Mine did not include a GPS so I can not speak to how well it works.
I have a GPS from an A7 camera, but I am guessing it would not work on a different chipped camera, and it would not do much good review wise anyhow because it would not be what goes with the camera.

Os5iNiu.jpg

While the shape is not what most people would like it is not as bad as I had feared. If I color in the eyes I don't think it would be to bad. Still most defiantly a little out of place looking but again I expected much worse. Also again the packaging is very nice. That is a black felt/foam like thing around the camera to protect it in the box.

H5o0SLn.jpg

The camera comes with the normal fair as expected. There is a cord with a car lead and a USB cord, what is nice about this one is it is the first 9655 camera I have used that has a Micro B end so I can swap cords with more of my other cameras and phone if need be.

There is also a threaded mount, and I'm okay with that since there are a lot of aftermarket choices I believe there are 3M thread mounts but only a suction cup was included with mine. I'm happy though. The mount choice could have been way worse.

I have 77g on my food scale
mAtuBc0.jpg

So a little over what the box claims at 69.

UljZV7Y.jpg

I'll have to get a night time picture, but another nice thing about this camera is that the buttons have a dim red glow at night where the lettering is, and there is no flashing so I don't have to worry about getting pulled over and hearing an officer give me a hard time because my DashCam blinks red and blue.

czmrY4X.jpg

I was a little unsure about how I would feel about the lock button placement at first. I have gotten used to it, but it still feels just a little strange. I have used it about 5 or so times.

uiL9QWL.jpg

HDMI and Micro B USB on the other cheek here as well as a reset button on the chin.

The thing that really has me excited about this one is the 30 second screen off time. That is the most low I have seen in any 9655 camera.

I'll try to get video up in the coming days. With the holidays it is a little tough, but i'll have some up soon.

Last edited:
@CheckYourLights

Hello friend, thanks for your help!

I think it is awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dashcam's are hard to make discreet but disguise may be the answer like this one. ;)

Back