First look of Lenovo V5 Car DVR

I think the but we all want to know is how do you transform it into Optimus Prime?!

This may do well with the younger market or those with children, although explaining to them that they can't play with it may be slightly more difficult!!
I never thought about that. I'm always for what gets more DashCams into more cars so if this is a hit with a younger crowd so be it.

The camera seems to lock files into a separate folder named RO
I was unsure how I would feel about the lock button being on a cheek and not with the other buttons, but I have seemed to gotten used to it.

Files sit as

Card Root>CARDV>MOVIE
>RO
Bit rate is a total of about 12.3MB so a little on the lower side for a 9655 camera
Loop is 2/3/5 mins
There does not seem to be an HDR On/Off setting and the resolution does not say anything about HDR like the Mini series cameras

The lamp setting causes the eyes to light up. There is also a setting to make the eyes flash that I have not seen in any other camera. The eyes seem easy enough to color over. More then likely something that I will be doing once I finish taking notes and writing up.

The lens surround is black so that is nice. I'd rather just have to color over the lamp eyes then take a camera apart to black it out like some of us have done with our G1Ws

The current firmware on my device is 140612A the menus look like many other 9655 devices.
There does not seem to be any plate stamp on this one as well

Last edited:
Looks little fuzzy.

Looks little fuzzy.
The second video is still processing I think. After I tried Lubuntu on my NetTop I am giving the Win 10 Tech preview a shot and my internet is horribly slow under the TP.

I have been noticing a little bit of Dash reflection when watching them back, but i'll try to keep an eye out for more fuzzyness.

As posted in the other section here is a near miss caught with my V5

Last edited:
We have a lot of that with lorries over here mate, the Lenovo picked up the contact details of the truck very nicely though.

How is it at night?

3ytYU8J.png

nedTm2x.png

rvdtx7X.png

Here are two drivers ignoring a No Turn On Red. The first one being a Subaru I think.

Back