First time buyer - 3 options I can't decide on

TARS

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

Looking at purchasing my first dash cam been researching them for the last 5 months. I've narrowed it down to 3 options that I am having a little trouble deciding on. The good news is that there all from the same manufacture/supplier. Although having options is great it makes it really hard for the indecisive person I am on what to purchase.

At first I was looking at budget Cams, but like anything I purchase, I like to do it right the first time. I live in Florida, as many of you know the heat is a problem here during the summer, and anything cheap isn't going to last. I use a sunshade so I was concern with the unit cooking in between the shade and windshield glass

The ones I'm looking at are:
Panorama S
Panorama X1
Street Guardian SG9665GC

The thing I've having trouble deciding on is form factor, so maybe somebody that has experience can chime in on what worked best for them. The S was my first option then I read that X1 and GC would be available soon so I waited. Now that both are out and offer the same internals I'm having a hard time picking what would be the best option.

I was really leaning toward the X1 . I liked the remote mount lens, discreteness, my concern was the mounting option of 3m tape on the mount on the camera. If it ever had to be removed and new 3m tape install I feel as if the plastic mount may break (are there replacement parts available?) I couldn't find the size of the main screen unit for dimension purposes. At first I didn't know where I would mount it but now that I've looked I think the best place would be my glove box.

Then there's the GC - looks to be easier to install, MIC on/off button directly on the unit is a nice touch.

The Pano S has the most mounting options suction & 3m.

As far as mounting options - which is recommended? Suction cup or 3m tape? As far as stability I would like to add I am also lowered on aftermarket wheels so my car doesn't ride as smooth as it was intended too. There's a slight vibration depending on speed don't know how that will effect the video quality based on which mount is used.

There are no reviews yet for the X1 on Amazon. Curious to see if there are any bugs since from my understanding both the X1 and GC where just recently released this year.

Hello,

Looking at purchasing my first dash cam been researching them for the last 5 months. I've narrowed it down to 3 options that I am having a little trouble deciding on. The good news is that there all from the same manufacture/supplier. Although having options is great it makes it really hard for the indecisive person I am on what to purchase.

At first I was looking at budget Cams, but like anything I purchase, I like to do it right the first time. I live in Florida, as many of you know the heat is a problem here during the summer, and anything cheap isn't going to last. I use a sunshade so I was concern with the unit cooking in between the shade and windshield glass

The ones I'm looking at are:
Panorama S
Panorama X1
Street Guardian SG9665GC

The thing I've having trouble deciding on is form factor, so maybe somebody that has experience can chime in on what worked best for them. The S was my first option then I read that X1 and GC would be available soon so I waited. Now that both are out and offer the same internals I'm having a hard time picking what would be the best option.

I was really leaning toward the X1 . I liked the remote mount lens, discreteness, my concern was the mounting option of 3m tape on the mount on the camera. If it ever had to be removed and new 3m tape install I feel as if the plastic mount may break (are there replacement parts available?) I couldn't find the size of the main screen unit for dimension purposes. At first I didn't know where I would mount it but now that I've looked I think the best place would be my glove box.

Then there's the GC - looks to be easier to install, MIC on/off button directly on the unit is a nice touch.

The Pano S has the most mounting options suction & 3m.

As far as mounting options - which is recommended? Suction cup or 3m tape? As far as stability I would like to add I am also lowered on aftermarket wheels so my car doesn't ride as smooth as it was intended too. There's a slight vibration depending on speed don't know how that will effect the video quality based on which mount is used.

There are no reviews yet for the X1 on Amazon. Curious to see if there are any bugs since from my understanding both the X1 and GC where just recently released this year.
You are on the right path. Every one of those you mentioned above are very good. The suction cup last for a while and than starts to lose grip, so 3M tape mount is recommended. Me personality, i would go with X1, its set it and forget it, or the SG9665GC. Since i got mine X1 no issues at all. Like all panorama dash cams, those are the most reliable ones. They are both awesome, just a matter of preference of a form factor. You will be happy with either one of them.

Back