First week with SG9665GC V3 - some questions

I got mine a week ago. I need two cameras, but i ordered one right now for my car only to check if it can survive the high temperatures inside the car in Israel.
For that reason, I started to follow up this conversation. I didn't check the footage yet, but i found the camera disconnected. The double sided glue didn't survive for the weekend. I will have to use my 3m one. I will also check the image quality.
dd5a98ae7de8a0ca6563eac753ff2042.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have the updated batch of 3M VHB tape and can send you some. (Assuming you bought from Street Guardian USA). I recall shipping a few to Israel recently.

I have the updated batch of 3M VHB tape and can send you some. (Assuming you bought from Street Guardian USA). I recall shipping a few to Israel recently.
Thanks. I did order from you. Is the tape pre-cut to the shape? Since i only have the retail narrow version. Please send if you can. My order 3755119. Let me know if you need additional info.

Thanks. I did order from you. Is the tape pre-cut to the shape? Since i only have the retail narrow version. Please send if you can. My order 3755119. Let me know if you need additional info.

Replacements are on the way you should have received an email just now. Yes it's custom die cut to fit perfectly. Press and hold for two minutes and wait 20 minutes before applying weight. You'll want to clean the surface good before as well

Hi,
I have another question after a week of use. I needed a video sample of a car in front of me. I took this snapshot via VLC and I see that the dashboard is in focus, but it looks like that the details are missing about the car in front. I understand that the lens is fix-focus one. Is this the quality that I should get or something is wrong in my case?
thanks,
Sasha

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2143-08-14-07h17m00s083.png
    vlcsnap-2143-08-14-07h17m00s083.png
    2 MB · Views: 17
Agreed that's a bit far away for details, over all image looks normal.

The Native 1080P 2MP sensor in the GC has larger pixels to capture more light resulting in better night / low light performance.

A 2K sensor dashcam might give a bit more more details further out in the daytime but night / low light performance suffers (smaller pixels)

thanks for the prompt reply. :)
As soon as I have more time, I will measure the temp in the car (after hot day during the weekend) and check the image (similar to the original post). Do you have a preferred method how to measure the temp? I can use my Fluke or/and IR guns-style temp reader?

For the records... I thought I should give the A119s a try (especially as it comes at half the price of the SG). Knowing that many samples have an issue with the left part of the frame being out of focus I had sandpaper at hand (500 as suggested here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/left-side-is-out-of-focus.26629/)

The A119s arrived after being held in customs for an awful long time. A quick test revealed the usual focus issue. So I disassembled the thing and sanded the lens holder. After putting everything back together focus was totally off! This was the first indicator how sensitive the system is regarding slight shifts of the focal plane. So I removed the glue fixing the thread of the lens assembly and increased the distance a bit (while checking on the cam's screen). Today I had both cams running on my usual commute to work. Before I forget: both samples are running the latest fw (1.6b in case of the A119s). A119s running at 1080 60fps. The summary:

• A119s looks more vivid and over-sharpened
  • A119s sharp across the frame in cold temperatures, so focus adjustment was successful
  • GC with more natural colors and cleaner image due to less sharpening; seems to show more detail than the A119s
  • After a few hours with 30degC and cams looking away(!) from the sun: A119s loosing focus on right side (20% of the frame); GC with slight softness across full frame
  • A119s almost returned to original sharpness after 30min
Looking at the image quality (rendering) at daytime I would definitely favor the GC - from that very short comparison the GC is clearly the better cam.

Tomorrow I will park the car with cams facing the sun. After that I will open the A119s again and check if both screws holding the lens assembly are equally tightened. Maybe I will loosen the screws of the sensor board a bit, to allow for some movement in case things try to expand at different rates.

Back