following a fast car in safe distance

adorfer

Reaction score
Country
Germany
following a fast car in a safe distance can be quite a challenge, since lots of drivers do not expect a second "equal fast car" after the first one.

In combination with indicators set on the wrong side, it can become a dangerous.

Aaaaaa schnell fahren :cool:

Ill keep well right in my 110 km/h Suzuki, okay it can go faster but i stay at 110 as its good enuff for me, and then i let the other Danes wiss by at 130 + km/h

schnell fahren
Not what i would call it.
In plus during winter times, i am running on speed index / speedrating "H", so i do not have to exceed 210km/h.
This makes it la leisure cruise... like

i don't even like driving 75mph in the rain... can't imagine doing over 110 mph in the rain. even on brand new summer tires in a proper sports car. it's not that i'm afraid of driving fast - i've had my toyota camry over 130mph/210km/h a few times (some of them even on a race track lol), and even took my wife's minivan over 100 a couple times.

you got lucky that you were able to slow down in time for that idiot. people like him shouldn't be allowed on an autobahn, especially the unlimited parts.

The few times I've followed a fast car (I'm talking 15-20+ over the limit on the interstate- and I yes, I DO speed on occasion when the conditions warrant it) I try and stay back about 1/4 mile. Most of the time the fast/faster car usually gets out of site in about 15 minutes or so, then I slow down to the speed limit. I have had on a few occasions when the faster car in front of me gets pulled over by a trooper, but by being back quite a ways I don't get tagged by laser or radar. And here in the US the faster lead car is called a 'rabbit'.

The few times I've followed a fast car (I'm talking 15-20+ over the limit on the interstate- and I yes, I DO speed on occasion when the conditions warrant it) I try and stay back about 1/4 mile. Most of the time the fast/faster car usually gets out of site in about 15 minutes or so, then I slow down to the speed limit. I have had on a few occasions when the faster car in front of me gets pulled over by a trooper, but by being back quite a ways I don't get tagged by laser or radar. And here in the US the faster lead car is called a 'rabbit'.

I thought the only conditions that warrant speeding were 1) You just robbed a bank 2) You just stole said car 3) Someone is about to give birth in your passenger seat (and you drive a Lambo and ain't no way you wanna clean that up.)

If you can't pay the fine, don't do the crime.
When I notice someone is using me as the Rabbit, I move over. Either they blow past, or get behind me and then I wait for a time where I can get in front and put another car in between. If they ride my arse I take to cleaning my front windscreen A LOT - especially if they are in a convertible mustang.

I thought the only conditions that warrant speeding were 1) You just robbed a bank 2) You just stole said car 3) Someone is about to give birth in your passenger seat (and you drive a Lambo and ain't no way you wanna clean that up.)

When I notice someone is using me as the Rabbit, I move over. Either they blow past, or get behind me and then I wait for a time where I can get in front and put another car in between. If they ride my arse I take to cleaning my front windscreen A LOT - especially if they are in a convertible mustang.
:D

In the outstate areas of MN and WI a lot of drivers do 10+ over on a regular basis. I travel frequently from Saint Paul MN to Madison WI and I90 stretch between Rochester MN and Tomah WI is a NASCAR zone. Seems like Illinois and Michigan drivers drive the fastest.

Beltway 8 in Houston is our local, texas-sized version of NASCAR. it's an 83 mile long ring road around the city. the limit is 65 for the whole thing except (i think) the ship channel bridge, which is 55. but if you don't do 80+, you will be run over.

Beltway 8 in Houston is our local, texas-sized version of NASCAR. it's an 83 mile long ring road around the city. the limit is 65 for the whole thing except (i think) the ship channel bridge, which is 55. but if you don't do 80+, you will be run over.

I was just there last week. It's very similar to driving here, only with a bit more construction on the way and more cops out.

Back