Front & Rear Cams For A Pickup Truck

DashCamOnBoard

Reaction score
Country
United States
The Viofo & Street Guardian shaped-style dash cams look like they're meant for windshield with a slant or an angle, but rear windshields on pickups are straight vertical. So will these cams work on a pickup?

The Viofo & Street Guardian shaped-style dash cams look like they're meant for windshield with a slant or an angle, but rear windshields on pickups are straight vertical. So will these cams work on a pickup?
We have been using the Street Guardian dual channel SGGCX2PRO in 2019 Chevrolet Colorado’s with excellent results. No problems with installation or daily use.

Great, thanks. How about tinted windows. Anything wrong with mounting to windows with tint?

Great, thanks. How about tinted windows. Anything wrong with mounting to windows with tint?
it won't fall off the tint, the tint will impact the low light results and you won't want to use a CPL filter behind a tinted window or you'll get a rainbow pattern in your recordings, other than that no real issue

no problem i have a vertical rear window on my little hatchback, no problem with my SG cameras,,,,, or other brands for that matter i have tried.

d1128fb086b1190142ed6d8482d3785efcba094c.jpg

you can compensate for tint on the rear window by tweaking the EV setting, for the front if it is tinted and you have dash reflections, you can go with a flat black dashmat instead of CPL filter to reduce reflections.

The tint in our trucks from my understanding were installed by the dealer previous to delivery. All the windows, except for the front windshield are pretty dark. This has not affected the quality of the recordings or of the integrity of the install. Actually, we have found that using the CPL filters on both front and back have substantially improved the picture quality with less distortion. We found on the back window that using without the CPL caused a lot of glare issues that were resolved with installing the filters. Anyway, the Street Guardian dual channel is delivering quality that is expected and desired.

Back