Motion detection on both front and rear cams?

Stratus

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Most dashcams if not all have motion detection however I'm having difficulty confirming which ones (if any) have motion detection not only for the front camera but also for the rear camera. Do any exist?

I previously purchased a dual cam Mini and was disappointed to find only the front camera had motion detection. Motion detection is highy unreliable, and that cam is becomig less and less reliable in itself (rear one failed after only a few months) so I want to get something else. I also had a Mini single channel before that and motion detection worked very well. However and like the other one, the cam became less reliable as time went on, slowly melted, and then one day gave up the ghost in a puff of smoke. It seems the life span of the Minis is about 8 months.

It makes sense to have motion detection on both front and back cams, and in my case I need it. I have a nasty neighbour continually dumping rubbish and objects around, on, and under my car.

You might be better off with a CCTV camera on your car, but that of course cant be done in all living conditions.
I have my car parked in the back yard behind the apartment block, so i have a IP camera on my 2 floor balcony on it day and night with motion detect so i get buzzed if something large are within a meter or two of my car.

sound like a retarded neighbor.

The BlackSys CH-200 would be a great option. You can toggle rear motion detection on/off at any time and has its event partitioning is fully adjustable.

I previously purchased a dual cam Mini and was disappointed to find only the front camera had motion detection.
that model is the odd one out, normal dual channel cameras with motion detect have it on both channels
Motion detection is highly unreliable
that however is very common, there's a very fine line between 'misses obvious stuff' and 'records constantly'

Back