Fuse taps using the hot side aka wrong side

Well its fairly plain isnt it It goes in the left side and through the fuse and out the wire which is at the other end of the fuse.

If you arent sure which is the hot side of the original fuse you would have to pull the one you are going to use turn the power on and meter the two sides.of the socket
If you use the ciggy socket you dont need a line fuse as the plug has a 2 amp fuse in it usually

Well its fairly plain isnt it It goes in the left side and through the fuse and out the wire which is at the other end of the fuse.

That assumes that the accessory wire is attached internally to the pin on the right side ( in your example) Who really knows how it is connected since it is enclosed in plastic. The only way to be CERTAIN is to test for continuity.

They're not all wired the same either from different samples I've tried, good idea to always check them with a multimeter to be sure what you're working with

I suppose if you turn it araound the wire will be on the left LOL

All the ones I have used all have the fuses as in the picture.

No, as jokiin points out just because the wire comes out from that side ( right in your example) does not mean that it is connected internally to the pin on the upper right side. It may in fact be connected to the upper left pin.

Or if you are using an add-a-fuse, to find out the hot side leave out the original equipment fuse and only put in the camera fuse. If the camera powers up, the input blade of the add-a-fuse is connected to hot.

Sent from my tap-to-talk using Tapatalk

No, as jokiin points out just because the wire comes out from that side ( right in your example) does not mean that it is connected internally to the pin on the upper right side. It may in fact be connected to the upper left pin.

If so please draw a diagram of the wiring and how it connects to the fuse and the input wire Why would they run it to the other end ,would be no point in having a fuse.

What size oar are you using

Or if you are using an add-a-fuse, to find out the hot side leave out the original equipment fuse and only put in the camera fuse. If the camera powers up, the input blade of the add-a-fuse is connected to hot.

Sent from my tap-to-talk using Tapatalk

Finally a sensible answer

Finally a sensible answer

So, you find that sensible? He is saying exactly what I was saying, the only way to be sure you have it correct is to test it, whether you do it his way or with a continuity tester.....

No need to get snippy mate, I was just saying that you can not assume that something that comes out of a multitude of different Chinese factories are all designed/constructed the same......as jokiin tried to tell you.

I understand all of that and I also said to test it Please show me a sensible diagram for your assumption of how the wiring would run in your theoretical way of how it may be done from the opposite end to what would be logical

Back