G1W Novatek 96650 WDR F1.6 H.264 MOV 15Mbps GPS Dash Cam DVR

Lots of useful information here, I was originally thinking of getting a dvr-207 but then I ran across the reviews here and opted for a g1w instead. I purchased one from estore009. I sent the seller a message asking if the blacks had been updated to the new 0925 firmware or not, otherwise I asked them to send me a blue one. It would be easy to use vinyl to wrap the front to hide the color.
Should be a updated one, i asked the seller a few days ago and she said they got a new arrival of cams and the black one was updated :)

Got it today in the mail. I opted for a blue one after some confusing back and forth with the ebay seller. My box looks nothing like the one posted earlier in the thread. The camera itself seems to work fine so far, I'm debating if I should open it up and take a peek inside or not.

I have confirmed my blue one does not have the 0925 firmware, it has the older firmware on it.

Last edited:
My box looks nothing like the one posted earlier in the thread.
Your box does not like like jeuda or my box? Could you post a few pictures of it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Your box does not like like jeuda or my box? Could you post a few pictures of it?

No problem. The box looks nothing like either boxes. Don't mind the corner crush, postal service loves to crush things around here. Everything in the box survived with out a scratch.

http://imgur.com/a/zKS8p

Also just noticed, the suction cup mount I received looks nothing like the one in the ad. Mine has an adjustable ball socket not a fixed swivel.

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem. The box looks nothing like either boxes.

http://imgur.com/a/zKS8p
Wow it is not even close other then the little sticker that says G1W.
I also notice the one side shot says Platform DV Turnkey.
DV Turnkey is the sensor in the Carcam K2000
Does your G1W have the timestamp on the bottom left or right and is your bit rate around 12 or 15?

Its in the car, but I believe the timestamp is in the bottom left corner. No idea on bitrate, where would I find that at?

Is the Turnkey sensor better or worse then the one promised in the ebay ad?

that's just a generic public box, specs won't necessarily be accurate

Well, if there is a way to check which sensor I've got I have no problem opening this thing up.. For SCIENCE!

Its in the car, but I believe the timestamp is in the bottom left corner.
Mine is on the bottom right corner

No idea on bitrate, where would I find that at?
Two ways. The fastest way is to look under the properties and then under the details tab on a video created by your camera like this.
21dh1kg.jpg

or you could also download RegistratorViewer and open it in there Registrator Viewer is a great tool to view and edit DashCam video in.

Well, if there is a way to check which sensor I've got I have no problem opening this thing up.. For SCIENCE!

these are pretty much exclusively NT96650 + AR0330, I haven't seen them with anything else (as yet), if they were going to make a cheaper version it would be with a lower spec chipset I'd expect, there are 3 different boards for these but all are built with the AR0330

that's just a generic public box, specs won't necessarily be accurate
This is true too. I did not mean to make you worry you got a worse product or anything It just caught my eye.

I'll let it make some video's on the way to work tonight and check the bit rate tomorrow. Right now its only got a 2gb card in it, no idea on what class. Its all I had sitting around, I'm going to get a transcend card for it.

I do know it doesn't have the 0925 firmware on it, which does make me a bit mad as I went with the blue because what the ad on ebay said.

If I were to open it up, is there a way to tell what sensor is in it? *I will probably open it up anyway*

If I were to open it up, is there a way to tell what sensor is in it? *I will probably open it up anyway*

I don't think you'd be able to tell, post a picture of the board if you decide to open it up

when pulling it apart be careful of the section around the card slot, it's very easy to break the plastic where it clips around the slot

if you have issues with it recording today it's probably due to the low speed card you have now

I've just ordered one of these from estore009 and sent a message requesting one with the 0925 firmware and they came back with this reply:

Maybe we will have a new stock of black one today. The version maybe will be updated to 2013.1017.

If the newest come today. Then we will ship that one to you ok?

Fingers crossed on a newer firmware then, assuming there are no new bugs in it :)

Edit: Oh, and hello, this is my first post by the way! Hopefully the first of many! :)

Two ways. The fastest way is to look under the properties and then under the details tab on a video created by your camera like this.

I let it do its thing.
YAMgeZIl.png

Unfortunately I will not be keeping the camera. The heater in my jeep went out this morning and so the new toy has to be sold to help cover the bill. Look for a sale post from me soon.

Here's my uploaded clip. EVat -1, default is little over exposure..

A little bit dark... no background details. It looks like you would have deactivate WDR. You made your settings on the plate numbers, but you losen other details. I think it would be better to choose the middle way.

I've just ordered one of these from estore009 and sent a message requesting one with the 0925 firmware and they came back with this reply:

The version maybe will be updated to 2013.1017.

Fingers crossed on a newer firmware then, assuming there are no new bugs in it :)

Edit: Oh, and hello, this is my first post by the way! Hopefully the first of many! :)

Yeah, i was write about that new firmware in another topic ;)

status update, all 7 g1w dashcams working fine, survied heatwave, reliability seems nice :D
lets hope the cold winter wont change that

so does the newer firmware do smoething better than the old one? new features? better picture quality?

Anyone ordered this from them?

Note the lens and mjpg... Could be a typo error.

I'm tempted to order.. What you guys think? Real one?

Regards
Duke

Mine arrived yesterday - about a week and a half from China to Tucson, AZ. I ordered from Estore009 on ebay.

So what is interesting is that my camera looks like the G1W, however the box is labeled "Blackvue DW8000", and this is on the body of the camera itself too. I'll try to get a chance to post some pictures later. G1W is not listed anywhere on the box. I don't have time to test it right now, so will update later.

Back