G1W Novatek 96650 WDR F1.6 H.264 MOV 15Mbps GPS Dash Cam DVR

Hey. My G1W arrived today. I ordered a black one from estore009. She also told me that they got a new stock of fresh cameras with newer firmware and she want to send me one of them. Well, sadly i got the black one with the older firmware :/
I had the same box as veeb0rg

I uploadet a few pictures of the box, the cam, firmware etc:

http://imgur.com/a/Te6v8

Greetings :3

Hey. My G1W arrived today. I ordered a black one from estore009. She also told me that they got a new stock of fresh cameras with newer firmware and she want to send me one of them. Well, sadly i got the black one with the older firmware :/

Hi Jack,

When did you order yours? She told me I would be getting the newest firmware too so I'm now wondering if I will indeed!

James.

Hi James :) I ordered mine on the 09.Nov.2013

Thanks :) I ordered on the 18th, so I might be lucky! Who knows. I was hoping to have it for my trip to Paris next week, but I know that's probably too much to hope for all the way from China :)

I went out for a test drive now. I like that little device :3 I didnt even noticed before i bought the cam that you can actually let a name or a licenseplate show up in the Video. I did "Jack" :3 Heres where my timestamp is:
qhfx.jpg

It looks a bit strange cause my windshield was pretty much wet... inside :/
But when i wiped it, it was all clear and sharp :3

Also i noticed a WAY better sound quality. I heard it in a couple of test videos that the sound quality was pretty bad. But mine is really clear, loud, and i deffinetly can hear bass ^-^

Suction mount looks new though.

Regards
Duke

I ordered one from eStore on Oct 27, tracking shows it's still in Shenzen China. Estimated delivery date = None.
So...
I ordered one from Baiklov (via Amazon.com) on Nov 29 for $57.35 + shipping by FedEx $9.00USD.
The firmware is 20131017, the newest.
It was picked up by FedEx this morning and is due for delivery Friday Dec 6 before 6PM (in Canada EST).
Delivery is to my door, I don't have to pickup at the Post Office.
The extra cost in Canadian dollars, $16.08.
The short, stress free delivery time, Priceless.

I thought that too, thats why i took a picture :) I remembered on other pictures the rubber was black. Here its different.
It also fits nice and tight, and there is absolutely no shaking (Tiny vibrations) when i drove over bad and bumpy roads a few minutes ago

The picture looks sharp but has a blur effect or something... Is that just how it shows up on here?

Regards
Duke

Last edited:
Looks like mine, so be careful when tightening the 'nut', mine cracked and I had to use a hose clamp around it's circumference to keep it tight.

The picture looks sharp but has a blur effect or something... Is that just how it shows up on here?

Regards
Duke
As i wrote, my windshield was wet inside. My car leaks some water somewhere so its always a high humidity in there and the windows wet. That makes the blur effect. I testet it indoors and the camera is super sharp.

I also saw in one thread that the right side was a bit blur and the other sharp. Mine is compleately sharp. No blur :3

Ohh, and if someone wants the media info:
Code:
General
Complete name                            : Z:\Dateien\14250002.MOV
Format                                  : MPEG-4
Format profile                          : QuickTime
Codec ID                                : qt 
File size                                : 469 MiB
Duration                                : 5mn 1s
Overall bit rate                        : 13.1 Mbps
Encoded date                            : UTC 2004-01-01 00:00:00
Tagged date                              : UTC 2004-01-01 00:00:00

Video
ID                                      : 1
Format                                  : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                          : High@L4.0
Format settings, CABAC                  : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames                : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP                    : M=1, N=15
Codec ID                                : avc1
Codec ID/Info                            : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate                                : 11.9 Mbps
Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
Height                                  : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio                    : 16:9
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                              : 30.000 fps
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                      : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                      : 0.191
Stream size                              : 426 MiB (91%)
Language                                : English

Audio
ID                                      : 2
Format                                  : PCM
Format settings, Endianness              : Little
Format settings, Sign                    : Signed
Codec ID                                : sowt
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                : 512 Kbps
Channel(s)                              : 1 channel
Sampling rate                            : 32.0 KHz
Bit depth                                : 16 bits
Stream size                              : 18.4 MiB (4%)
Language                                : English

Last edited:

Congratulation, did you paint the ring around lenses or is originaly dark?

Oh it just looks like it cause of the photo flash. Its chrome :3

Bought my black G1W from estore009 on Nov. 18 and received it last Saturday Nov. 30 (Texas). It came in a gray box but with no mention of G1W anywhere on the box and has the 2013.1017 firmware. This dash cam is replacing a Livue LB100 that I bought May 2013 and that gave out after 4 months and it is definitely an upgrade.

I ordered another mount as previously shown in this thread because the suction cup does not hold onto the factory dotted shade above the rear view mirror. As my vehicle's suspension is fairly stiff, I also hope it does not give as many "false" events as the Livue does.

I ordered another mount as previously shown in this thread because the suction cup does not hold onto the factory dotted shade above the rear view mirror. As my vehicle's suspension is fairly stiff, I also hope it does not give as many "false" events as the Livue does.

Well at least with the G1W you can turn off the G Sensor, with the Livue LB100 I don't think you could.

Excellent, very true about turning off the G Sensor. Forgot about that. If, heaven forbid, I get into an accident then the recording would still be saved right?

Yes it would be saved unless you didn't get it off the card for hours and overwrote the file, but that's not likely to happen is it?

I got mine the other day too, and I'm pleased to say that my suction cup mount does hold on the black dots, for a couple of days now anyway. Mine is the old mount with a solid black plastic cup (as opposed to clear).

This dash cam is replacing a Livue LB100 that I bought May 2013 and that gave out after 4 months and it is definitely an upgrade.

One of the nice features of the LB-100 is, in my opinion, the quite well implemented parking mode, which is automatically invoked by the G-sensor : it features motion detection, and also shows the 30 seconds preceeding a detected event (probably getting the data from a buffer), so it catches almost everything (as every dashcam should), no matter the speed of the event.

If I am not mistaken, this is a basic security feature sorely missing from the GxW-models.

(a pity the LB-100 isn't too robust, witness this post).

Hi,
I was wondering if you guys could help, I was browsing JooVuu(?) and was looking at the Mobius/Mini 0801 when this popped up on their car dvr page. Is it better/similar/worse compared to Mobius/Mini 0801? It's £7.50 cheaper than the Mobius and quite a bit cheaper than the Mini 0801?
thank you for any response/help!

Back