G1W Novatek 96650 WDR F1.6 H.264 MOV 15Mbps GPS Dash Cam DVR

So here are some pictures of the box - I've mounted the camera in the car, but I've yet to drive anywhere.

Attachments

• 2013-11-23 16.39.50.jpg
    2013-11-23 16.39.50.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 2013-11-23 16.33.41.jpg
    2013-11-23 16.33.41.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 47
Blackview dm8000 not blackvue dw8000 :)

Video Quality so far?
Mounting system still as pictured on the box?

Regards
Duke

Blackview is a name used by a Chinese company Shenzhen Dome. I don't see the DM8000 on their site but they list the G1W. Just noticed they have the a few other GxW models as well. The G2W, G3W, G5W and G6W.

Last edited:
Where's the hdmi out? Normal for it to say ir led in the menu?

Regards
Duke

Where's the hdmi out? Normal for it to say ir led in the menu?

Regards
Duke
On the side with the mode and record button.
It is normal to say IR LED or Nightvision depending on camera. Most people leave this off and turn WDR on

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385408035653.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385408035653.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 32
Anybody want to try this G1W version, using capacitor instead of battery.
I'd be interested to see if they can get this working properly, needs some firmware tweaks to get it right, don't think there's an RTC battery in these either so would probably lose time and date setting reasonably quickly which could become annoying

Good to see that whoever is doing it is having a go though, good work

When I got it, I tested saving time and date first, i didn't find problem, will keep testing.
I also talked this with other manufacture, they told me they are working on the issue of lose time.

When I got it, I tested saving time and date first, i didn't find problem, will keep testing.
I also talked this with other manufacture, they told me they are working on the issue of lose time.

could hold it anything up to a week, wouldn't get much beyond that though, really needs an RTC battery for this but would require a PCBA change, I'd think it would make more sense to do it to a better model though if going to the expense as it would still get compared to the ones selling cheaply which would be a struggle commercially

Anybody want to try this G1W version, using capacitor instead of battery.
I just checked the listing, perhaps you should provide more information there to explain why it's "safer", such as saying "safer because it's not affected like a battery would be when it's hot, sitting in the sun".

Last edited:
I just checked the listing, perhaps you should provide more information there to explain why it's "safer", such as saying "safer because it's not affected like a battery would be when it's hot, sitting in the sun".

The listing also still has "Battery Rechargeable Li-ion" in the description

I've also bought from estore009, but am getting Memory Errors.
Can't even record 1 second of video or even snap a picture without getting error.
Have tried
- to reset the camera to defaults (language defaulted to Russian which was odd, expected Chinese)
- to let camera sit without electricity for a few days and then fully charge it again.
- two different memory cards:
- Sonly 32GB microSDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card
- Transcend 32GB microSDHC Class 10 Memory Card (TS32GUSDHC10E)
- set loop to off, 3min, 5min, etc
- tried for format the memory cards through the camera menus as well through the computer.

I'm at a loss what to do next and have contacted the seller but no response yet.
Both memory cards are 100% functional and I've tried to fill them up on the computer without issues.
Anyone else having similar issues or potential pointers?

I've also bought from estore009, but am getting Memory Errors.
Can't even record 1 second of video or even snap a picture without getting error.
Have tried
- to reset the camera to defaults (language defaulted to Russian which was odd, expected Chinese)
- to let camera sit without electricity for a few days and then fully charge it again.
- two different memory cards:
- Sonly 32GB microSDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card
- Transcend 32GB microSDHC Class 10 Memory Card (TS32GUSDHC10E)
- set loop to off, 3min, 5min, etc
- tried for format the memory cards through the camera menus as well through the computer.

I'm at a loss what to do next and have contacted the seller but no response yet.
Both memory cards are 100% functional and I've tried to fill them up on the computer without issues.
Anyone else having similar issues or potential pointers?
This is why I'm never buying a Class 10 micro SD card - looking around this forum, I've seen dozens upon dozens of issues reported with Class 10 micro SD cars in dash cams of all kinds. I've used several Class 4 micro SD cards (one 8GB and one 16GB) and never had any issues. I hear Class 6 is good too, although slightly less reliable.

I would recommend getting a Class 4 or Class 6 microSDHD card instead.

Formatting different cluster maybe?

Note: not speaking from experience.. Have one on order.

Regards
Duke

I'd give a Class 4 card a shot. My Novatek camera (GT300W) has memory errors with the exact same Sandisk card.

Back