G1W Novatek 96650 WDR F1.6 H.264 MOV 15Mbps GPS Dash Cam DVR

(a pity the LB-100 isn't too robust, witness this post).

I'm still debating sending in my LB-100 for warranty repair. One e-mail to Astrobile stated I would be charged $30 (shipping?) and another e-mail said they could do $10 to ship it back to me but I still have to pay to ship it to them. I am still unsure how much shipping to them would cost me. The laziness to go through shipping it back plus the low cost of the G1W is holding me back.:cool:

I'm still debating sending in my LB-100 for warranty repair. One e-mail to Astrobile stated I would be charged $30 (shipping?) and another e-mail said they could do $10 to ship it back to me but I still have to pay to ship it to them. I am still unsure how much shipping to them would cost me. The laziness to go through shipping it back plus the low cost of the G1W is holding me back.:cool:

Been there, done that. Cost me $46 to send back a GT300W but my seller shared the cost and shipped back for free. In your case, it sounds like the shipping costs alone would be greater than a new G1W.

In your case, it sounds like the shipping costs alone would be greater than a new G1W.

Absolutely, but from what I gather, the GxW parking mode is inferior to the Livue/Winycam LB-100's implementation.

(and as most cars spend more time being stationary than actually driving ...)

considering what they sell for from China sellers that's very cheap for buying locally
Jokiin,
Is this maybe to cheap? Should I email http://joovuu.com ? I've read reviews of them and no one has mentioned faked goods or anything, in fact what I've read everyone seems fairly positive about them? I will let you know what they say!

Jokiin,
Is this maybe to cheap? Should I email http://joovuu.com ? I've read reviews of them and no one has mentioned faked goods or anything, in fact what I've read everyone seems fairly positive about them? I will let you know what they say!

Personally I think he's just trying to get momentum, not cheat the system, I've spoken to Daniel quite a few times and from what I see he's a genuine guy having a go at building a business and he's working on thin margins to get where he needs to be

I'd stick with a good quality Class 4 card, not all Class 10 cards will work in the G1W or a few other cams of this type.

I'll post back when I receive mu G1W later today (it's on a FedEx delivery truck right now).
I've bet on the first one, the TS32GUSDU1E, which works perfectly in my X6 cam.
You should also find the same card selling for $19.99 under a different ASIN. It comes in a "white envelope" from Amazon, rather than the retail packaging for ASIN B00APCMMDG. Just search for TS32GUSDU1E.

By the way, for UK people, the TS32GUSDU1 is available here, they don't list it with that model number, but it's what I just received! Arrived next day thanks to my free Prime trial! :)

TtGAXmhl.jpg

Arrived next day thanks to my free Prime trial! :)
Off topic. I signed up for Prime just so I could get my card faster to get my G1W going. Between Amazon raising the price of Free Super Saver Shipping spending minimum from 25USD to 35USD, The holiday season shopping and free prime instant video. If it includes everything the US version does it really pays for itself if you decide to keep it.

Back on topic. Hope your G1W works well with the card. Mine is still running great in one of my family members cars and the temperature in the area has been all over the place with some days snow and some not it still is holding up well.

I popped a
Transcend 32 GB Micro SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card
90MB/s read, 25MB/s write, with Adapter 45 MB/S
part# TS32GUSDU1E cost $20CAD + HST 13%, bought two & got free shipping.
into the camera and plugged it into the car 12V.

I went through the menu settings very easily including formatting the card.

I switched to recording mode with audio ON and, sitting in my garage with very little light, I turned on the overhead dash light. The images were dark but clear.

Driving out side in very dull, cloudy weather proved that the WDR was working because shots both inside and outside of the car were as bright and clear as if it was a sunny day. I used 1080p and there's no fuzziness anywhere on the screen, I checked by taking pictures both of the dash and other things inside the car as well as the road ahead.

I talked to myself for awhile recording audio to check for any of the whining that others had complained about but there wasn't any, just me and the barely perceptible sound of my car purring along.

------------------------------------------------------------

This camera was ordered from Baiklov on Amazon.ca on Nov. 28.
It took a day to exchange e-mails because I'd specified a combination of Blue with the 2013.1017 firmware, and they had only Black with that FW, so I accepted that combination.
That took us to late Friday night China time so FedEx didn't pick up until Monday and yet the camera arrived today at 3:15PM.
The camera ordered from eStore on Oct. 27 is still not here. It may or may not have FW 2013.1017 and I don't want to take a chance that I'd find an older FW with possibly the audio and video problems, so I'll reject delivery.

It's interesting to note that the external Customs Declaration stated that the valuation of the camera itself was just $12USD, documents inside showed that the shipment including shipping costs was $50, which is about right. Therefore shipping costs are the major portion of the price paid to get "Free Shipping". The extra cost to use FedEx didn't show up anywhere.

I'll report again if any problems do develop after I've used it for about a week.

Sorry, I don't know how to get screen shots of the camera video or post a clip to YouTube, any tips and I'll be happy to do it.

TS32GUSDU1E & TS32GUSDU1 -- are the same and both support UHS-1 only Packaging and 1$ difference !

If the G1W dosen't support UHS then im going to get TS32GUSDHC10 ..

idk if it's important ?!!

TS32GUSDU1E & TS32GUSDU1 -- are the same and both support UHS-1 only Packaging and 1$ difference !

I don't believe it does support UHS, but the camera also accepts class 4 cards, so this is overkill.

Personally I have the UHS, no problems, don't plan on using it in another device. Perhaps these cameras will support it one day, so if you plan to upgrade...

I've recorded on both cards just to be sure, and they work in the G1W that I have. I haven't recorded enough to fill a card yet so I can't say there couldn't be a problem, but I doubt that there will be if they've worked this far.

The price difference in the U.S. is $1 but in Canada it's $6, so I saved $12CAD. (I think that they made a mistake and forgot to add the exchange rate which would have made the cards about $25

I've recorded on both cards just to be sure, and they work in the G1W that I have. I haven't recorded enough to fill a card yet so I can't say there couldn't be a problem, but I doubt that there will be if they've worked this far.

You are probably right, but have you read any of the Mini 0801 thread? :)
I had a Class 10 work fine for a few days in my GT300W and after it began recycling I got memory errors.

You are probably right, but have you read any of the Mini 0801 thread? :)
I had a Class 10 work fine for a few days in my GT300W and after it began recycling I got memory errors.
Did you pop it into the USB card reader and check with the PC and did the memory errors show up there?
Did you do any testing such as copy other kinds of files to the card, delete some, copy some more, etc.
and then delete everything and try it in the camera again?

Did you pop it into the USB card reader and check with the PC and did the memory errors show up there?
Did you do any testing such as copy other kinds of files to the card, delete some, copy some more, etc.
and then delete everything and try it in the camera again?

Did most of that on a Mac, but did not do any SD card speed testing/formatting etc on a PC as I only use Windows for one specific Mobius application.
But yeah, the same card works fine on an Android phone now.

Back