G1W Novatek 96650 WDR F1.6 H.264 MOV 15Mbps GPS Dash Cam DVR

I have painted the sliver ring on my G1W. I went to the auto parts store and bought one of these little paint bottles for fixing chips and nicks on cars.

1CcntCS.jpg

On the most inner part closest to the lens, I used a fine black marker to fill it in. I have also taped over the LED light.
It looked like there are some unpainted parts but it is just the reflection.
I had electrical tape over it before and it does not want to stay put, this is much better.

tJGZUCdl.jpg
YrYPctJl.jpg
ytH89M7.jpg

Nice, does the job :)

How's it look now from outside?

Hi All, Well after your good advice I went out and purchased a G1W-C from Foxoffer and it arrived yesterday. Much better than my last ebay experience. I do have a few questions though.

What's would be a recommended exposure setting. I have the WDR on but the cars in front seem a little dark. I did a search and found a thread but it didn't recommend anything?

Has anyone fitted a lens filter to these (not the 800's as described in another thread) to reduce windshield glare?

I set defaults for everything and it's all good.

I've got it set at roughly half road half sky so to speak. I'll adjust and see what happens

Also I forgot to ask, are there any different non suction cup mounts out there for them?

Check with who you purchased from I guess, I have some that came from the supplier so I know they're available, Foxoffer might have them, would be worth asking @billknow if you can't find them

I have painted the lens housing as well but with a spray and it's looking good

Attachments

• IMG_20140305_115829.jpg
    IMG_20140305_115829.jpg
    1,018.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20140305_115650.jpg
    IMG_20140305_115650.jpg
    942.8 KB · Views: 40
I might have to go down that route. Keep using a black sharpie & even though I never touch the cam, I noticed, today, that the silver bexel was quite visible from the outside!
I guess the black indelible ink must run off somehow!

Has anyone had an issue where they plug their camera straight into the PC via USB and instead of opening up a folder it just turns the camera on and you can't push the menu button to turn the mass storage on? Mine worked ok yesterday but today is a different story. Oh and it brings the folder up on the PC if the SD card is not installed.

I am looking to buy the g1w from Ali express saddle seller
The firmware he currently has is 2013.05237.01 is this current ?

Im not compleately sure, but i may have found the manufacturer of the G1W, G1WH etc.
It could be from Shenzhen Conkim Technology Co.,Ltd CONKIM
I found those informations in a Youtube video, showing off a G1W and the upload date is in May, like the first appearance of the cam.
This is the website of them and (hopefully) the site with the G1W
http://www.conkim.com/index.php?page=2&ac=article&at=list&tid=219
Sometimes the website is offline.

Maybe worth a look. Im not sure tho. Thought i share this with you guys anyways.

Ohh. I thought it came from from the same company that just always upgrades their hardware for the cam.
Sorry x.x

One question, I have a cigaret lighter to double USB converter in my car but with 5V/2.1A output, and i used for power to G1W and mobile phone sometime. Is this output power suitable for my dashcam or is to high?

Last edited:
One question, I have a cigaret lighter to double USB converter in my car but with 5V/2.1A output, and i used for power to G1W and mobile phone sometime. Is this output power suitable for my dashcam or is to high?
It should be okay. The original G1WH power supply delivers 1.5A as maximum, if I remember it right. If your cigaret lighter plug can deliver 2.1A it is fine, the carcam only use what it need in terms of the current (A). I ran my G1WH today on a Belkin 2-Port cigaret lighter (F8Z899) that has a maximum of 1A per port.

Back