G1WH can take firmware from DOD LS388W, Shadow GT300W 1306180 and others

So the instruction is a fake ?? how should I call name this BIN file ?

Instructions are fine but what filename it needs depends on the bootloader you have now, if it doesn't see the appropriate filename it won't load

How should I take this bootloader ? in this folder there are folders Loaders in 3 different names ... I do not understand it completely

I don't have one of these to test with sorry, if you have a suitable bootloader file you may be able to update it and then run the firmware, again its going to depend what's on there now if they will load or not

So the manual is useless , because there's nothing about bootloader is not written , just where to get ... what you doing then? nothing I can do ?

Hello

I have a problem with the conversion of the firmware on the GT300W , I like everything in the instructions , change the file from FW / GT300W on the name FWDM800H , throw in a memory card in the device that is formatted and nothing happens , the device turns on as if there were any file. Any suggestion?
Assuming that you have a G1W-H, have you tried renaming the file FWS1088?

Amazing !! its works !!! thank you dude !!

You're welcome!

I know this a long thread and not everyone has the patience to read all of it from the beginning but what I told you is written somewhere on these 10 pages. :)

Last edited:
The type of lens used in dash cams, a standard called an "M12 lens - m12x0.5" - which has a male metric thread with a 5mm pitch, comes in different qualities and focal lengths. You can find them easily on eBay and elsewhere but like most things in life you get what you pay for. It's not a lottery like buying a cheap generic dash cam unless you buy a cheap generic lens. Although these lenses will easily screw right into the existing mount on your dash cam, most of these lenses do not come with an IR cut filter which is required to produce accurate pleasing colors during daylight hours. The lens on your current camera has one attached to the rear element. You can buy IR cut filters but you need a deft tough and the proper adhesive to install these filters on an M12 lens.

Generally speaking, it is not worth the time money or effort to install a new lens on a cheap camera like the G1 series unless you happen to have one from another camera.

You are better off investing your money in a higher quality camera.

Just what the doctor was ordering !

Hello. I have received g1wh with firmware version: g1wh-da380-150424v01. The question is, how to make a backup of existing firmware in order to restore it after testing with DOD firmware?

First of all, welcome to the forum!

Hello. I have received g1wh with firmware version: g1wh-da380-150424v01. The question is, how to make a backup of existing firmware in order to restore it after testing with DOD firmware?
These cameras don't have that possibility. You'd have to get the firmware from another source to be able to restore it.

That's bad news. I can't find that firmware version on the web. I was thinking about "upgrading" to ls388 but I don't know if its worth of it (my fw has blinking led while recording, plate stamp etc.) but it looks like biterate is 12mbps.
Do you think that with 15mbps quality will be higher?

That's bad news. I can't find that firmware version on the web. I was thinking about "upgrading" to ls388 but I don't know if its worth of it (my fw has blinking led while recording, plate stamp etc.) but it looks like biterate is 12mbps.
Do you think that with 15mbps quality will be higher?
From my testing (it's somewhere among the 10 pages of this thread) the LS388 is the worst of them all.
jokiin's expert opinion is that, on these cameras, 15Mbps is better than 12Mbps.
If you don't mind the LED not blinking I'd suggest the DA380 that's in this thread. It's an original G1W-H firmware, it also has plate stamp and a 15Mbps bit rate. That's what I'm using in mine since May.

From my testing (it's somewhere among the 10 pages of this thread) the LS388 is the worst of them all.
jokiin's expert opinion is that, on these cameras, 15Mbps is better than 12Mbps.
If you don't mind the LED not blinking I'd suggest the DA380 that's in this thread. It's an original G1W-H firmware, it also has plate stamp and a 15Mbps bit rate. That's what I'm using in mine since May.

If I have original firmware too, and if its newer (15 04 24), then why DA380 which you are talking about has 15Mbps and mine only 12-13Mbps? My settings are 1080p.
Example from avprobe:
Duration: 00:05:01.00, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 13082 kb/s
Stream #0.0(eng): Video: h264 (High), yuv420p, 1920x1080, 11892 kb/s, 30 fps, 30 tbr, 30k tbn, 60k tbc

If I have original firmware too, and if its newer (15 04 24), then why DA380 which you are talking about has 15Mbps and mine only 12-13Mbps? My settings are 1080p.
Example from avprobe:
Duration: 00:05:01.00, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 13082 kb/s
Stream #0.0(eng): Video: h264 (High), yuv420p, 1920x1080, 11892 kb/s, 30 fps, 30 tbr, 30k tbn, 60k tbc
It has nothing to do with the chosen resolution. My H also came with a 12Mbps original FW but that DA380 from January 2015 bumped it to 15Mbps. At the time I thought it was a compatible FW from an identical camera from a different brand, since the menus have the same appearance as the original, but then the H's started coming out with DA380 firmwares.
If you take some time to read this thread (I know it's enormous but it'll be worth it) you'll learn a lot of things about these cameras and why several seemingly identical cameras can be so different from one another.

Thank you for your answer. I've study this thread before but didn't find the answer if upgrading from 12 to 15Mbps will do any diffrence in quality. Someone write here that he didn't notice any diffrence. I would check it myself if I only have backup of existing firmware (can't find my firmware anywhere, can't also find information how to go to service mode). For now I'm happy with DA380-150424v01, everything works fine and don't know if upgrading to much older firmware is a good choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back