Garmin GDR35

onealfa said:
I like Garmin's great idea of having 2 videos in syncro (from front and rear), on the same card. Easy to analyse events after accident. But ...would buy such device ONLY if them could make both recordings @ 1080p .
So far maybe the better option is to put WiFi enabled DR500GW in the back, + another Blackvue in the front.
Plus: can have a LIVE rear view on my 10" Tablet for parking, by a WiFi.
Minus - recordings are not in sychro at all. After powered at the same time, my DR500GW boots up by 5-7 seconds earlier then DR400

Haha... I like the dual dr500 idea but I seen one problem...

$600 is a lot of money for dashcams!

I have already slept on the couch for a f500lhd. She don't know about the finevu cr500 I bought...

Someone help me out and take it off my hands!!!

When this camera was released, there were very few night videos. The one posted on the first page on this thread did not look that good. However, I was probably too harsh with that rating given some of the more recent videos. I don't think it is the greatest though, more likely average. When there is a lot of ambient light cameras can perform well at night.

Here are some more night videos in lower lit situations. Note that this is still not a dark road with no lights.

Last edited by a moderator:
DashCamMan said:
When this camera was released, there were very few night videos. The one posted on the first page on this thread did not look that good. However, I was probably too harsh with that rating given some of the more recent videos. I don't think it is the greatest though, more likely average. When there is a lot of ambient light cameras can perform well at night.

Here are some more night videos in lower lit situations. Note that this is still not a dark road with no lights.

Actually it's not that bad for a dual camera. But does the videos HAVE to be top and bottom? Can it be PIP?

First accident found on yt recorded from a gdr35.

The accident happend last week!

seems this one is "strictly Chinese" - and all eBay sellers are "out-of-stock" by now.
Any thoughts whether it will be sold in Europe or NA ?

eBay USA has 10 available to buy??

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid= ... &_from=R40

I'm Chinese, and my uncle lives in HK. He is going to Taiwan later this month, and he is going to look for a good price for me.

And to save shipping, my dad is going to HK for one day to sign paperwork. While there, they will meet up! I won't have agdr35 in my. Hands until march!

lkwan78 said:
sellers who have these available ask $200 (!!!) delivery charges, either to US or EU.
smthng must be wrong with the guys :shock:

those with reasonable prices all have "OUT OF STOCK" note in their listings, here is the reply to my inquiry:
"...yes,it is out of stock <...>until now the Garmin can not promise when will give our this product again
when it in stock again,we will remove the notice..."

then again, I am not sure how to translate user manual from Chinese to English :roll:

Oh yeah... Now I see. Dang this sucks I was about to order one!

Although it has GPS. I don't think it has parking mode. Is this correct?

lkwan78 said:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid= ... &_from=R40

I'm Chinese, and my uncle lives in HK. He is going to Taiwan later this month, and he is going to look for a good price for me.

And to save shipping, my dad is going to HK for one day to sign paperwork. While there, they will meet up! I won't have agdr35 in my. Hands until march!

my friend just brought me (2) this gdr35 from taiwan, price twd5,800 of each.

i45.tinypic.com_sm5xsk.jpg

Hi monkeybb,

Let us know how you like it.

not bad $195 USD... Did they bring it to you in Canada? Or how much did it cost you for your friend to ship it to you?

How do you like it? Can you do me a huge favor?

Once you can, can you please post the original files for a clip in the daylight and one at night? You could use dropbox, google drive, or rapidshare...

I want to see uncompressed files from this dashcam before i buy it. Youtube videos only give you a general idea.

DashCamMan said:
Hi monkeybb,

Let us know how you like it.

pros :
- Branded Garmin
- Slim body
- Voice in Mandarin and English
- Flexible windshield ball socket suction cup mount bracket
- Seamless video clip
- Excellent daytime video quality
- Made in Taiwan

cons :
- Pricey
- Video quality is below my expected at night
- 1080p at 30fps, not 60fps
- Car charger cable too thick and hard
- Cant turn off speed meter
- I dont like the "L" shaped plug, i dont know why they make the "L" direction like this, it should facing up !

i45.tinypic.com_qq7dow.jpg

Franky speaking, i have a bit regret to buy this cam if compare with my friend's Vico TF2 (same price range)

I don't know what it is with the Taiwanese and these big square cams, they're all doing them like that it seems

I think they want more than other nations to feel like a cop. Many people are wearing these cams like being some super-cop or Spielberg instead of keeping them discrete as possible.
I remember many-many years ago when who had a bigger camcorder was considered the best cameraman by other (poor) people. And if wearing some sticker with CNN or ABC on his big Panasonic M10 was considered a "pro".

enjoy,
Mtz

jokiin said:
I don't know what it is with the Taiwanese and these big square cams, they're all doing them like that it seems

Size not too big, its only 6.57 x 6.57 x 4.16 CM

front photo
i48.tinypic.com_121prls.jpg

monkeybb said:
jokiin said:

Size not too big, its only 6.57 x 6.57 x 4.16 CM

front photo
i48.tinypic.com_121prls.jpg

too big to be discrete, I prefer mine not to be so noticeable so there's no need to take it off at all

lkwan78 said:
not bad $195 USD... Did they bring it to you in Canada? Or how much did it cost you for your friend to ship it to you?

How do you like it? Can you do me a huge favor?

Once you can, can you please post the original files for a clip in the daylight and one at night? You could use dropbox, google drive, or rapidshare...

I want to see uncompressed files from this dashcam before i buy it. Youtube videos only give you a general idea.

My friend had to bring it to me so no shipping cost :lol:

youtube @1080p is very closed to the original video quality.

day time

night time in city (see a diff @1.45 before & after windshield swiped)

night time in highway

Thanks for sharing the videos monkeybb. Video quality seems a bit pixelated. Night video is better than I expected when there was no streetlight.

Back