GearBest live chat is very slow so posting here instead.

jamesjay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few days ago I waited for over 30 minutes for a response from GearBest's live chat and gave up, today I waited about 20 minutes for live chat without a response so I might as well leave my questions here instead.

If I preorder the MINI 0806 I presume I will pay today's price (it's gone up by a few £'s in the last few days so I could have got it for below £80 when I first tried live chat), also can I use paypal on this preorder, and when are the preordered units expected to be in stock?

Kind regards
James.

Sunny @GearBest is on the forum so you can PM her here on DCT or write Alta@gearbest.com. The presale () ends January 31 and how it works, from previous conversations, you use PayPal and they hold the funds and only release them when the presale ends. When they release them, your order is shipped.

Thanks GJHS, I preordered yesterday but I wanted to use PayPal just in case of any problems...it is annoying that I have paid more for the unit because GearBest's live chat response time is so poor...waiting 30 and then 20 minutes yesterday for an operative to start a chat is not so much live chat but no chat.

I wanted the PayPal payment issue cleared up 4 or 5 days ago by GearBest live chat when the unit price was lower and if live chat had responded to my request for a live chat the first time I would have place a preorder at the lower price.

I am now having second thoughts about the preorder because I bought a 803 from Amazon.UK which had to be replaced because of a fault, then when I got the replacement that was faulty too.

Kind regards
James.

Thanks GJHS, I preordered yesterday but I wanted to use PayPal just in case of any problems...it is annoying that I have paid more for the unit because GearBest's live chat response time is so poor...waiting 30 and then 20 minutes yesterday for an operative to start a chat is not so much live chat but no chat.

I wanted the PayPal payment issue cleared up 4 or 5 days ago by GearBest live chat when the unit price was lower and if live chat had responded to my request for a live chat the first time I would have place a preorder at the lower price.

I am now having second thoughts about the preorder because I bought a 803 from Amazon.UK which had to be replaced because of a fault, then when I got the replacement that was faulty too.

Kind regards
James.
Write Alta and explain, I'm sure she will make it right.

Kind regards
James.

Dear jamesjay,

Sorry for the delay of this reply, since it was weekend then and I am not here for working. I also would like to say sorry for the delay of the late response of our live chat, we still need some improvement and will try our best to do better in the near future.

As for the unit price in £, pls tell me how much you've paid and how much we would pay a few days ago, and I will try to solve this problem for you ASAP.

Thanks GJHS for your kind help :)

Best,
Sunny

Last edited by a moderator:
I just noticed the coupon (MN86LG) in your signature that makes the Mini 0806 $119.99

I just noticed the coupon (MN86LG) in your signature that makes the Mini 0806 $119.99
Yes, I've added the coupon MN86LG for mini 0806, and the price has changed to $120 for some reason. Is it still OK?

Yes, I've added the coupon MN86LG for mini 0806, and the price has changed to $120 for some reason. Is it still OK?
I think an increase of $0.01 is Ok :p

I knew someone would say that :rolleyes:

Dear jamesjay,

Sorry for the delay of this reply, since it was weekend then and I am not here for working. I also would like to say sorry for the delay of the late response of our live chat, we still need some improvement and will try our best to do better in the near future.

As for the unit price in £, pls tell me how much you've paid and how much we would pay a few days ago, and I will try to solve this problem for you ASAP.

Thanks GJHS for your kind help :)

Best,
Sunny

Hi Sunny, Thanks for getting back to me, I not sure exactly how much it was on Tuesday or Wednesday last week I thought it was just over £72 or $110 this time last week but it could have been £74, I did find the coupon though just before I ordered which should have took it down $120, I say should because it appears the reduction was not applied at your end, and I don't think the coupon existed when I wanted to preorder on Tuesday or Wednesday last week. I am sure another member that preordered before the price rise can clarify how much they paid if it was more than £72 or $110.

If you check my account you will find that I opened a ticket because although my PayPal invoice is showing $120, an invoice I got directly from GearBest is showing $125 so that reduction didn't work at your side, and at this point in time I am not sure how much I am paying for the unit PayPal could charge me $120 or $125, I hope you don't get offended but it looks like the presale price went up from $110 to $125 and then if the buyer did happen to notice the coupon they would get a reduction of about $5 but still pay more than this time last week.

Kind regards
James.

Hi James,

I am so sorry for all the difficult you've been experienced, but the price was 119.99 free shipping then, and I've clarified the raise of price here https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mini-0806-final-product-gearbest.9011/#post-111818

If you paid more than $120 with Flat Rate Shipping, please tell me your order number and I will solve this problem for you ASAP.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best,
Sunny

Hi Sunny, Thank you for your reply, the link that you provided was originally dated the 10th and you edited it on the 14th, I think I first contacted Live Chat just before you made this edit and that the price was a fair amount lower.

I notice in your link that the technical spec's have no details about parking guard and there is some speculation on the forum about a further mount being needed to enable parking guard...so I have sent you a PM about this order.

Kind regards
James.

Back