Genuine G1WH For 42.49$

The answer is here :
Thanks. I don't know how i missed that. BTW, may want to check the battery that comes with this camera. I had ordered a G1WH from foxoffer (reputable vendor) and the listing indicates a 500mAh battery, but really inside was a 180mAh battery.

Just an update I received mine today.

From what I can see so far, its pretty much the same as the one you get from FoxOffer.

So it is a genuine G1WH that records in MOV, bitrate seems to be about 12.8 mbps. File size is 276mb for a 3 minute clip.

There are a few differences:

*Firmware is 2014.0108 like the one I got from FoxOffer, but the menu is in Russian and Korean ONLY. (Not too big of an issue as you can sort-of tell what each icon represents.)
* Audio quality, well you can actually hear something which is nice. Mic gain might be too high actually as it does seem to peak out.

Video quality so far seems to be about the same as the FoxOffer version, however it was dark when I got home to test it so yeah, do daytime tests yet.

Thank you for your update! now I am happy that I could help us to get best DVR(Genuine) for $ :)
Mine still on their way :( , Can't wait to test them :).

No problems!

Thanks to hwgeek for bringing banggood and the discount to my attention.

Got to use it during the day today and it's how it should be, in fact it might be a bit clearer than the FoxOffer one I had.

The side sharpness is slightly better on this unit, however, QC with these units probably aren't the best so I could have got one like this from FoxOffer.

One issue though, the suction cup mount seems to be a bit weaker on this version. As in the part that slides onto the camera.

One small nudge and it basically fell off. It seems to hold it ok when you force it in a bit more.

I was going to try and change the firmware to an English version, but since it seems to be working very good I don't think I will.

Anybody else received this DVR from banggood?

Last edited:
I got mine May 13. It took 4 weeks.
I made order April 16 and it was shipped April 18. Normal shipping.
I flashed it with Shadow GT300W 1306180-SC-2 firmware and it looks like working OK.
1920x1080 / 30fps, 15,24 Mbit/s, MOV h264

Last edited:
Update 5/21/2014: Just got 2 G1WH from Banggood :)
The menu's are in Russian, maybe I will flash other FW mentioned here :).

Attachments

• P1010147 (1).jpg
    P1010147 (1).jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 23
Are menu only Russian? When you are in languages menu try to press up or down arrows to see other languages. It shows only 2 languages at the time and the others you will see if you press arrows up or down.
I flashed mine with Shadow GT300W 1306180-SC-2 firmware and it is working OK.
1920x1080 / 30fps, 15,24 Mbit/s, MOV h264

Yep, but already flashed with the g1wh FW from the FW list zip that posted here :).
I found something interesting- 1 cam with stock g1wh FW and the second with GT300W 1306180-SC-2
took 5MP with same camera setting and you can see the big deference in resolution and detail:

Now I'm going to flash both cam's to GT300W 1306180-SC-2 -What settings should I use ?

Attachments

• G1WH-(1).jpg
    G1WH-(1).jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Try these settings...

Resolution: 1080 FHD
Loop: 3 minutes
WDR: on
Exposure: 0
Motion Detect: Off
Audio: on
G sensor: off
Date stamp: on
Auto power off: 3 mins
Beep sound: off
Language: English
TV mode: PAL
Frequency: 50 hz
Screen protection: 3 minutes
IR Led: off

Why G-sensor off ?
My G1W has G-sensor high level and has never locked a file during normal driving.
I have to shake it much to activate the G-sensor.

Why G-sensor off ?
My G1W has G-sensor high level and has never locked a file during normal driving.
I have to shake it much to activate the G-sensor.
It can be on or off.
I realized that my G1WH is sensitive and locking a file after a minor bump on the road and the roads around where I live are covered with cobblestones, so lot of bumps and uneven surface.

OK thanks, sensors of G1W and G1WH seems to be different.

I just received my G1WH from Banggood. What do I do now? The menus are not in English and from what I can tell can't be changed. Also, I'd like to know it's genuine, how do I do that. Sorry for the newbie questions, I guess we are all newbies at one point in time. Thanks in advance for any help.

It's genuine but you have to flash a new firmware, we have already discussed about this ;)

Yes, I just now took it apart and it has the appropriate innards - 180mah battery as well. I am getting to flashing it here in a bit. Thanks.

You're welcome.
Your feeedback will be appreciated ;)

Back