[Germany] Speeding Autobahn driver fails to brake in time for traffic jam (WARNING: VOLUME)

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
Jump to 31s

They had plenty of time to slow down too, not sure why they waited so long to break. When you're flying down the Autobahn at top speed, you better being paying extra close attention.

Last edited:
Stau is what the Germans call it when traffic back up on the streets. can get real bad when it happen on the no speedlimit stretches of road i assume.

At 300 km/h you have to look far ahead to spot problems in time. :eek:

At 300 km/h you have to look far ahead to spot problems in time. :eek:

At 300km/h, your sight get narrow, and has very limited time for reaction, you only can follow the line, and hope others are doing same like you.

I once experienced such speed when I was there, and believe no other country than Germany the non limited speed on the way is allowed because German follow the rule strictly and trust break rules will cost much.

The fact that the driver survived this crash and was even able to walk away is a real testament to the integrity and inherent safety of the Mercedes he was in.

i am on phone and not able to complete the watching, but i would say it could not be lucky always.

Jump to 31s

They had plenty of time to slow down too, not sure why they waited so long to break. When you're flying down the Autobahn at top speed, you better being paying extra close attention.
I guess I know why he started to slow down that late.
Bad thing is that this traffic jam started in a curve.The "speeding" Driver thought that the Driver on the left lane was overtaking the trucks on the right lane and will move to the right lane ASAP. But he did not since there was a traffic jam :D

Last edited:
Jump to 31s

When emergency braking you should also be looking for a clear path. He could have headed down the right hand side of the green truck and probably have avoided any damage.

Sidewalk-skiing-in-Saudi--016.jpg

He could have made it if he went on two wheels.

I guess I know why he started to slow down that late.
Bad thing is that this traffic jam started in a curve.The "speeding" Driver thought that the Driver on the left lane was overtaking the trucks on the right lane and will move to the left lane ASAP. But he did not since there was a traffic jam :D
Ooops this makes no sense. I meant "right lane".

Those RS6 are sweet cars, ill take one in a heartbeat.

Please tell me its okay for cops to just put a bullet in the head of ppl like that on site, the ignorance and stupidety seem to be off the chart, so better to protect the collective gene pool of the future.

Back