GF6000L - A cheap usable camera?

Jack_xD

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
G1W
Hi. I was searching around on DealExtreme and found a Dashcam with pretty decent specs and price.
I know, cheap mostly means bad. But i found some Video footage on YouTube that seems pretty nice.

The Camera is called "GF6000L" and its available in white and black.
It uses a Novatek chip, a MPEG-4 codec, and uses these resolutions:
1080FHD 1920X1080/ 720P 1280X720/ VGA 640X480
With 30fps.

Here the link of the camera: http://dx.com/p/gf6000l-140-wide-an...r-dvr-w-g-sensor-ir-night-vision-white-242326
Daytime footage:
Nighttime footage:

What do you guys think? Is it worth the price?

For that price ($45 USD) I'd rather invest the extra $5 and go with the already tested G1w. It's not perfect, but at least you already know what problems to expect and how to fix them.

For that price ($45 USD) I'd rather invest the extra $5 and go with the already tested G1w. It's not perfect, but at least you already know what problems to expect and how to fix them.
I was going to mention this as well. I don't know anything about this camera but past GSXXXXL have been poor quality knock offs of Ambarella based devices. The Novatek version (of the GS8000) is not recomended and i could only imagine that this is along the same lines.

I'm going to be completely honest. I've dealt with a little bit of everything from a knock off DVR-027 to a real one. A GS8000 A G1W a Vico TF2 and a Vico WF1. You really do get what you pay for. I would never go back to a knock off camera again. If i knew then what i know now I would of bought a high quality camera in a second. Unless your budget is EXTREMELY tight ( and i can understand some are) go with a camera that has been decently tested and has good reviews and at the moment the bare minimum is the G1W.

If you spend less you might get a camera that "just works" or "does an okay job" but personally with the way people drive anymore I would not chance it.

Plus that time stamp gives me a headache and i also just noticed that even though the DX ad claims 1080 the two videos you linked to only offer a 720P setting so that might not be (and is probably not) a 1080P camera.

Last edited:
I received the sample video from manufacture about the GF6000L, the quality is not so good, novatek version, poor video quality.
I don't have interest to sell such camera, if you look low price camera, I aslo recommend G1W.

Back