Git G3 Duo Firmware Mod

I believe, it is not related to sensor timings. It is about exposure or shutter speed settings. According to your video, sun shines brightly, so exposure is very short, much shorter than 1/60s, which is required to avoid such flickering. I guess, this issue should not be observed at night, isn't it? If so, probably, you can solve this issue with some ND or CPL filter to reduce amount of light received by sensor in such conditions. Changing video fps or sensor timings are useless here, I think.

Yes it doesn't happen at night.But changing video fps is correct solution.
This video is 27.5fps and problem is resolved.
If I use ND filter at night,video is too dark to watch?
I would like solution which is usable at bright and dark.

Not sure, how it can help, as I clearly see, that traffic lights are flickering with period 3-4 frames. Looks like FOV partly blocked with black wind shield, so exposure is higher then required and image too bright. But such effect could be achieved by setting EV to +1-2.

can you share the nd filter for gitup g3 fov90?

I have tested your firmware on my 170° camera. Behavier of 1080p48 is perfect and ideal(recording traffic light) for me.
But there is a blur during riding motorcycle despite gyro is on. This isn't observed on official 170° firmware.

Behavier of 1080p48 is perfect and ideal
What frequency is set on your camera - 50Hz or 60Hz? According to wiki, both frequencies are used in Japan and it depends on region. Currently 1080p48 is using exposure settings for 50Hz in both cases.
But there is a blur during riding motorcycle despite gyro is on.
Actually, gyro causes blur with exposure longer than 1/100s. Could you please share some example of such blur you observed?

My region's traffic light is 60Hz.
Probably I set 50Hz on my camera and traffic lights on 1080p48 blinks many times per second.This is my ideal behavior.
In 1080p60, traffic lights disappear for a few seconds on frequency both 60Hz and 50Hz .
Official 170° firmware 1080p60
Frequency setting ,One is 60Hz another is 50Hz.

Official 170° firmware 1080p60 Time print is not correct.

Your 90° firmware 1080p48

@yok3later, please try installing latest version of mod for 170° from this topic first message (note, that new version with EIS settings for 170° has been introduced, but it has not been tested yet), and test again with following settings:
WhiteBalance: Auto,
Contrast: High,
Metering: CarDVR,
WDR: Off,
Color Effect: Black&White,
Bitrate: Medium,
and following video resolutions:

Frequency: 60Hz
1080p60

Frequency: 50Hz
1080p50 (original name - 1296p30), 1080p48 (original name 1080p 4:3)

I have tested your firmware 170° but there is still blur.
Gyro: on
Other setting: as you post
1080p60 Freq:60Hz

1080p50 Freq:50Hz

1080p48 Freq:50Hz

I have tested your firmware 170° but there is still blur.
I think, I have updated all settings for EIS in 170° mod. Please make sure that your camera sits tightly on your bike as it looks like it vibrates heavily, according to video you have posted. Also, please test with Gyro Off. I guess, such vibration could cause false reaction of Gyro EIS.
Also, probably, I found solution for your flickering issue with traffic lights. Please use following mod from here for testing,
Test it with the same settings as previous one, but only with 1080p60 video resolution (Frequency 60Hz) and Gyro Off/On, as only one thing that has been changed in this version is exposure settings for 1080p60, other video resolutions should work in the same way.
Another question which puzzles me is - why colors and contrast in your videos are so strange? Is it caused by some camera case/filter or some dimmed windshield? Or is this how your camera records video in bright light? I cannot test my camera in such conditions, as it is not so sunny here at the moment.

I used official waterproof case when I recorded uploaded video. These video are recorded today with my camera naked.
Gyro-on

Gyro-off

I can share some video which I have recorded with official 170° firmware and my camera naked.
These are 1080p60 gyro-on but I am not sure for other settings.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/SNTZ3QisesKrqohr7 I will remove this link in several days.

Looks like no improvements with traffic lights and stabilization, according to your samples. But I noticed strange thing at the end of video sample with gyro on (9:02-9:05) - engine is turned off, but some rattling sound is audible and image starts to tremble, like if your camera mount or its base was not sturdy enough and was wobbling due to some touch.

I use mirror stay to mount my camera. Come to think of it, I haven't tightened its screws and recorded with official 170度 firmware for 2 weeks... I will tighten mount's screws then upload new video.

Probably, you would get better results if camera mounted on something more stable, as this mirror stay seems to be vibrating from single touch like a string. But I will check again if something is missed for gyro settings for 170°.

New version of mod is available with ISO Limit feature, 1080p25 (PAL) and updated AWB and NR settings. Feel free to leave comments and your feedback!

just updated your latest version to Git3 170.

Where do I see in settings your modifications? Or will settings and naming stay as is, but internally other settings are mapped?

Tried WVGA resolution but recording does not start. Only one beep, no more.
Did not want to try more and went back to stock version.

Menu options has not been updated, so text labels will be the same as in stock firmware.
This modded firmware is using much higher bitrates compared to stock one (70-80Mbps vs 20-36Mbps). Unfortunately, amount of memory is too low, so some settings might not work properly for high resolution modes with Bitrate option set to High. I would suggest set Loop recording to 5-10 minutes for such cases, as it seems to be consuming less memory for video recording.
What settings have you tested? (Bitrate, Loop, WiFi On/Off)
Anyway, thanks for your feedback! I will check WVGA video mode and update bitrate settings for it.

Can you provide an overview for printout and take-away of changed settings and unchanged settings. Otherwise it is hard beeing out in the fields to know if the choosen setting has been modified.

Following resolutions have been changed:
2160p24 16:9 -> 2880x1620x30
1296p30 -> 1080p50
1080p60 4:3 -> 1080p48
WVGA -> 1080p25 (1440p25 for High Bitrate)

how abou this:

2019-03-30

1. Added ISO Limit feature: setting ISO with Shutter Speed Auto will prevent ISO rising higher than specified value, except for ISO 50 - max ISO 6400 will be used.

2. Video resolution WVGA replaced with 1080p25 and 1440p25 for High bitrate.

3. Noise reduction parameters tunning.

4. Updated video resolutions for WiFi enabled mode to match new resolutions (1080p50, 1080p48, 1080p25, 1620p30)

5. AWB settings updated.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Git3 2
BCHobbyist Git3 23
Linhos Git3 10
Back