Git2P

My Git2P has the same issue. How can you adjust the angle of the lens relative to the sensor? I don't see how that's possible with a screw mount
It is a screw mount, you screw it in 1mm to focus closer, and screw it out 1mm to focus further away.

It is a screw mount, you screw it in 1mm to focus closer, and screw it out 1mm to focus further away.

Right but the issue here is that one side of the image is blurred meaning the sensor is tilted relative to the lens, so how do you adjust the angle?

Right but the issue here is that one side of the image is blurred meaning the sensor is tilted relative to the lens, so how do you adjust the angle?

you would remove the base and either shim it or sand it flat, shimming is probably safer, not easy to get right either way

indeed, it just take a pubic hair width the wrong place and you are off.
The issue could also lie within the lens itself.

How difficult is it to replace the lens and sensor assembly? Is it connected to the board with a ribbon cable?

Yes, you need to take the mount off, and then I would sand it with some wet and dry sandpaper on something very flat like a piece of glass.

You need to be careful and patient to disassemble the Git2 that far though, it is doable but if you force it apart or back together then it is easily broken.

You said it was OK to start with though, so you might get away with just tightening, or maybe loosening the lens mount screws.

I wouldn't bother replacing the lens or sensor board until you have failed to correct it with sandpaper, that will probably succeed. You need to take it all apart anyway and you can test for success before reassembly.

Yeah you will have to take it pretty much all apart, and it can be a pain if parts like LCD maybe being glued in place, unsure if you can attack it from the front and get to where you need to go to do the job.

It is probably build up like a SJ camera, so 2 bords inside with interconnects, and you may have to get in between those to change mount.
No personal experience with the gitup products.

Yes, you need to take the mount off, and then I would sand it with some wet and dry sandpaper on something very flat like a piece of glass.

You need to be careful and patient to disassemble the Git2 that far though, it is doable but if you force it apart or back together then it is easily broken.

You said it was OK to start with though, so you might get away with just tightening, or maybe loosening the lens mount screws.

I wouldn't bother replacing the lens or sensor board until you have failed to correct it with sandpaper, that will probably succeed. You need to take it all apart anyway and you can test for success before reassembly.

I didn't realize the lens was separate from the sensor. I assumed it screwed in behind the fascia. But you're saying it's actually mounted to the body of the camera? That shouldn't be difficult to adjust. I know the left of the sensor is too close to the lens because objects close to the camera are in perfect focus. Only distant objects are out of focus. So shimming the lens to be spaced out a bit on the right (reverse image) may work

I didn't realize the lens was separate from the sensor. I assumed it screwed in behind the fascia. But you're saying it's actually mounted to the body of the camera? That shouldn't be difficult to adjust. I know the left of the sensor is too close to the lens because objects close to the camera are in perfect focus. Only distant objects are out of focus. So shimming the lens to be spaced out a bit on the right (reverse image) may work
There is a separate sensor PCB behind the main PCB, you need to remove the main PCB to get to it, which involves disconnecting the cables and then a delicate (no force) manipulation to get it out. Make sure you know how to undo the ribbon cables, they don't just pull out, they unlatch and then lift out with zero force. There should be some videos of how to do it on YouTube.

When you have extracted the mount, the rear face is probably not perfectly flat - sand it flat, remount it rotated 180 degrees, tighten the screws only enough to hold the mount, no tighter, and only think of shimming if that doesn't work. My guess is that it was never perfect and the change of temperature over the last month has made it noticeable.

Well today this camera started glitching so I guess I might as well just throw it away. The upper half of the image rubber bands from frame to frame. A few times a second it switches to a previous frame somehow, then goes forward. I'm guessing it's some kind of buffer issue

Well today this camera started glitching so I guess I might as well just throw it away. The upper half of the image rubber bands from frame to frame. A few times a second it switches to a previous frame somehow, then goes forward. I'm guessing it's some kind of buffer issue

perhaps try a different memory card before you toss it in the bin

Don't throw it away, keep it or give it to someone who has another Git2 (for replacement parts).

I think that's the best mode for a sharp image because it's exactly 1/4 the pixels of the sensor. 1440p also looks good, but 1080p is blurry

Back