GitUp Git 3, any info?

Thanks for correcting me too BTW. Sometimes companies say a new product is coming....and when it comes out, they have a different name than when it was first "teased". So...good to know!

Super cool! (That way, I can buy the GIT3 too when it comes out!) :)

OCD Tronic will be selling/supporting new 2017 GitUp products once available. Exciting innovation is in the works, looking forward to it. Stay tuned as always.

Any advantages over the regular Git 2 and the 4.35mm version?
Yes,
  1. The Gyro stabiliser is calibrated to its lens instead of the standard lens so it works properly.
  2. The Panasonic sensor seems slightly better than the Sony.
  3. I think the lens with it's aspheric elements is a little better than the 13G lens.

Last edited:
So it's more of an upgrade to the 4.35mm version? If one doesn't mind the narrower FOV, would you recommend this over the wide-angle Git2 or is the regular Git 2 a better camera?

So it's more of an upgrade to the 4.35mm version? If one doesn't mind the narrower FOV, would you recommend this over the wide-angle Git2 or is the regular Git 2 a better camera?
Yes, I guess it will replace the 4.35mm version.

I think you choose between Git2 and Git2P purely on the angle of the lens, so it depends on what you are going to be using it for. For bicycle use you probably want the wide lens otherwise the footage will be too shaky, for FPV use on aircraft you probably want the narrow lens otherwise everything will look too far away. The cameras are basically the same except for the lens, there is not a big difference between sensors.

Super cool! (That way, I can buy the GIT3 too when it comes out!) :)
I'm actually getting it for some pretty weird usages. Vlogging and for experimenting with Multicam Event coverage. (Just family event stuff, ...nothing professional)
Might work well with the Git3, you don't always want a wide angle lens.

Note that these 16MP sensors work best in sunshine, not indoors in the middle of winter, so don't be too disappointed with the quality if you test it on your Xmas dinner, for low light the Git3 will be much better.

Yes, I guess it will replace the 4.35mm version.

I think you choose between Git2 and Git2P purely on the angle of the lens, so it depends on what you are going to be using it for. For bicycle use you probably want the wide lens otherwise the footage will be too shaky, for FPV use on aircraft you probably want the narrow lens otherwise everything will look too far away. The cameras are basically the same except for the lens, there is not a big difference between sensors.

Might work well with the Git3, you don't always want a wide angle lens.

Note that these 16MP sensors work best in sunshine, not indoors in the middle of winter, so don't be too disappointed with the quality if you test it on your Xmas dinner, for low light the Git3 will be much better.

That makes perfect sense. Yep. I actually have lighting for the vlogging stuff, so shouldn't be too bad for that. As far as events, I meant "on stage" events (that also have lighting). 2 of my kids play in the Symphony. I always shoot video of it, but I've thought about shooting from 3 angles and combining/editing from there. Obviously, the cameras would have to be setup right near the front of the stage (except for the center cam...which would be a different cam altogether). Anywho...It will be fun to shoot on this cam and I can't wait to hear more about the GIT3! :)

That makes perfect sense. Yep. I actually have lighting for the vlogging stuff, so shouldn't be too bad for that. As far as events, I meant "on stage" events (that also have lighting). 2 of my kids play in the Symphony. I always shoot video of it, but I've thought about shooting from 3 angles and combining/editing from there. Obviously, the cameras would have to be setup right near the front of the stage (except for the center cam...which would be a different cam altogether). Anywho...It will be fun to shoot on this cam and I can't wait to hear more about the GIT3! :)
Git2P is probably good for the front of the stage if there is good lighting, the Git3 will be more suitable for mounting on the instruments and still getting a wide angle view with everything in focus.

- Will there be a (90 degree) no-distortion version of the Git3 (right from the start)?
- Is the "slave lens" a second, full-body Git3 bound to a master Git3?

Thanks,

Steve

1. Will there be a (90 degree) no-distortion version of the Git3 (right from the start)?
  2. Is the "slave lens" a second, full-body Git3 bound to a master Git3?

Thanks,

Steve
  1. I guess it will only be the standard Git3 lens at first, but presumably the current 4.1mm no distortion will fit, it just wont have a correct gyro calibration so the gyro stabilisation will not be as effective as it could be, expect other lenses to follow. The standard lens will be better than the Git2 lens but is wide angle with fisheye.
  2. No, it's less than half the weight of a Git3, the Git3 has the screen, controls, storage, battery, etc.

I just fount that VIOFO (I'm assuming that VIOFO is core authorized distributor of GitUp, previously was distributor of SJCAM)
has released some information about the Git3 in globalsources pages.
Dual camera Sports DV GitUp Git3 HD 1080P Touch screen action cam
I'm not sure if it's anyway official...

But Git3 is going to support second 2mb lens and external GPS. And work like double cam dashcam!

Specs from globalsource:
2xFull HD 1080P 30fps Recording
Front 12MP Sony CMOS sensor, 170° FOV, 6G F2.8 Lens
Back 2MP Sony CMOS sensor, 130° FOV, 6G F2.0 Lens
2.0 Touch Screen
Gyro image Stablization
Built-in Wi-Fi
External Microphone supported
GPS Logger supported
Powerful Lithium-ion battery 1200mAh

GitUp can correct me, if this is totally false :)

Thats not the GIT3 of my dreams, and i hope not the GIT3 to come.

It is basically just GIT2 + GIT1 on a wire, and thats not it i think.

Thats not the GIT3 of my dreams, and i hope not the GIT3 to come.

It is basically just GIT2 + GIT1 on a wire, and thats not it i think.
That is the same what I though.
Git2 with some extra functions.

But in the other hand, there isn't many this kind of Action Cam on the market. This might add the Git cam's usability.

But I kinda wish that Git4 is under development. To offer something mind-blowing and unexpected.
Because other brands releasing new flagship 4K cam's. SJCAM SJ7, Soocoo, Eken, Elecam and Yi Tech.

Lähetetty minun ONEPLUS A3003 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

I think most people having a need for more than 1 action camera would prefer to get a second separate camera, having the 2 tied together with a wire do put some limitations on things, not least waterproofing at least the main camera.
And though that would be a special camera i think what trigger most people today looking for a action camera is 4K.
And of the 4K cameras you mention only the yi 4K+ is indeed pushing the limits where as the other cameras most likely based on the A12 chipset will just be regular 4K cameras ( not that there is anything wrong with that )

I am myself looking forward to getting my hands on the SJ7 star, but if the yi 4K+ was able to do 240 FPS at 1080p i would be much interested in that too.
So thank god the 4k+ cant do that so i can focus my attention on the SJ7

O and BTW it is not like the yi 4K+ is that trailblazing, it seem to be pretty much what the top Garmin and gopros can do + a little extra FPS in 4K.
And i fear the prize is also going to be up there with the garmins and gopros.

But yeah i wish gitup was able to do something radical with the git4, but ill be damned if i could see what it should be

You are right kamkar1.

The Yi 4K+ is indeed a flagship one, with new H20 chipset but I think that the retail price is not going to be a cheapest one.
The extra FPS in 4K is nice and that it's just matter of time, in the future firmware upgrade to add FPS to other resolutions aswell.
But I have to say that Yi is shining on the great battery life.
I also wait for SJ7... a bit Older chip, but it looks decent in price and specs. I hope that SJ7 shipping starts after a chinese holidays.

I think that native 4K and OIS or EIS in that resolution should be to expected in 2017.
I meant that other brand have released or close to release native 4K cam's.
Eken H8Pro, MGCool (Elecam) Explorer2, SJCAM SJ7. (And more brands I am not even aware off.)

But this Git3 is going to be nice addon in dashcam / action cam selection. Or a action cam to be more like dashcam.

I just confirmed my tracking number and my SJ7 test sample hit Denmark this afternoon, now i just hope customs dont fall in love with it cuz that will mean a few days extra before i get it, plus i will have to cough up some money too.

I think the GIT3 will be more of a dashcam, but with special action camera abilities if needed, so you could argue its a mobius camera the other way around.
A dashcam turned action camera as opposed to a action camera that can allso be used as a dash camera.
And ! made by a action camera maker none the less :cool:

Will be interesting to see what gitup shake out of the sleeve in 2017.

Wonder if Git3's second cam needs its own micro SD card or it's connected to the 'main' cam. If price is right then I will probably get it for my new car.

I think most people having a need for more than 1 action camera would prefer to get a second separate camera, having the 2 tied together with a wire do put some limitations on things, not least waterproofing at least the main camera.
Actually, having the second camera on a wire with just 1 micro SD card is really nice for the car and the bicycle. Since the slave is just a lens and sensor it is a lot more compact than a full extra camera so is easy to mount and once installed you can forget about it since the video is on the card in the main camera. There are circumstances where a whole extra camera would be more convenient or more practical but for some uses a wired slave is great, would be even better without the wire but it has to get power somehow and the wire means you don't need to charge the slave.

That is the same what I though.
Git2 with some extra functions.

But in the other hand, there isn't many this kind of Action Cam on the market. This might add the Git cam's usability.
It is very much a Git2 with extras, but that is a good thing, the Git2 is a great camera. Note that the Git3 is no longer 16MP, while the Git2 beat the GoPro Hero 3 on quality but didn't quite match the Hero 4, the Git3 is certainly a match for the Hero 4 and very close to the Hero 5, except that it doesn't do true 4K, but it is an action cam so you normally want 60fps and gyro stabilisation anyway.

But I kinda wish that Git4 is under development. To offer something mind-blowing and unexpected.
Because other brands releasing new flagship 4K cam's. SJCAM SJ7, Soocoo, Eken, Elecam and Yi Tech.
The Git4 is under development. I'm hoping the 4K will be done properly with both 60fps and gyro stabilisation, all the 4k action cameras available so far have been limited to 30fps with no gyro stabilisation so if you actually use them as an action cam you end up using 1080 resolution anyway!

Reactions: Mtz
Yeah i have no problem seeing that setup on bicycles & motorcycles too, but i am not sure it is a all weather setup or i have problems seeing how they can make the front unit waterproof when its tethered to the rear camera.

Making rear camera waterproof should be no problem, its the front that bother me the most, and there really should be a way to have it waterproof when it is in use as a action camera / in use as a action dash camera on a non sheltered vehicle or person.

The wire between the 2 are not something i see as a problem, and it can even be a plus in some cases.

If the GIT3 will have EIS on both cameras it would make for a great hiking camera, one can go on the chest or front of you and the other camera can be mounted off your backpack and point in any reasonable direction.
BUT i am not sure if that can be done, it will off course also demand a oversized sensor for the rear camera.

Regarding GIT4 we share hopes it seem, there seem to be plenty of the regular 4K cameras out there, even if you factor out the "4k" ones, and 1080/60/120 also have good coverage with a horde of cameras to choose from.

A well supported and build git4 as we dream about will be cool, even if its just 100 dollars cheaper than the virb 30 or the gopro 5 cameras, cuz it would still 1 up their performance and beat them on prize too.

If you put it on par with the virb 30 and GP5 on prize and just offer EIS for 4K and 60 fps, then i think it would struggle some, or at least more than if the housing said gopro 6 but otherwise had the came features.

GITUP will need to get some cameras out there ASAP and flood the internet with good positive reviews and footage, that should yank the chair our from under the bigger name brands, and win some of their customers over too.

PS. In regard to dashcams i wouldn't mind a 4K one, or maybe it should be labeled as a journey recorder as it will off course lag some in low light performance.
But for daytime driving and fitted with a lens not quite as wide as dashcams, i would take it for sure for stellar daytime footage.
Provided off course that the 4K/60 footage get dumped on a ssd, cuz i just cant see a SD card being used in such a "dash" camera.

The Lexar 633X micro sd card in 256 Gb cost +2000 DKkr here, for those money i can get a 512 Gb ssd.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Git3 1
Z Git3 2
BCHobbyist Git3 23
I Git3 8
A Git3 13
Back