GitUp Git2 Firmware

Well that was fast! Thanks!
That looks like a very well tested Git2, maybe it is the one that gets used for drop tests from the 4th floor :D

:D
That looks like a very well tested Git2, maybe it is the one that gets used for drop tests from the 4th floor :D
I think that test cam must have had some extra padding-like a rubber floor!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I now have faith in the innards!
I noticed another person joined the Yi 4K broken touchscreen thread yesterday, you only have to drop them from hand height to break the screen and make them unusable. The Git2 screen isn't even scratched after dropping 4 floors!

I wonder how well the smart new silver paintwork on the new front stands up to abuse? Maybe it should get another drop test, or just live in a pocket for a few months...

http://www.gitup.com/support/firmware/git2/20161028/Git2_FW_V1.6.zip
@gitup can you guys update the firmware page for git2 on your website please? still shows v1.5

http://www.gitup.com/content/8-how-to-upgrade-the-firmware-for-gitup-git2
jauling: Here is the link posted by Gitup on first page this thread.
There is also the config file which allows saving of settings if you don't want to go through the menus again.I really like being able to invert my videos and OSD now!
It seems they post news on DCT first, for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mtz
Reactions: Mtz
I noticed another person joined the Yi 4K broken touchscreen thread yesterday, you only have to drop them from hand height to break the screen and make them unusable.
All cameras with touchscreen should have a combination of pressed buttons to turn on the WiFi so you can use app for camera settings, or the same combination to offer entering directly into the menu if display can still offer image.

enjoy,
Mtz

I upgraded to latest firmware and now my Samsung Evo 64gb card keeps saying Custer size wrong please format.
If I try to format it while in the Git2 it freezes up and right top button and back left red button are lit up. Have to power down as it is frozen.

What is the fix for this?

I upgraded to latest firmware and now my Samsung Evo 64gb card keeps saying Custer size wrong please format.

What is the fix for this?

formatted the card in the camera?

if it won't put the card in the PC, reformat back to default settings, then put the card back in the camera and format again

That doesn't seem to be working.

Default in win8 is:
Capacity - 59.6
File System exFAT (default)
Unit size - 128 Kilobytes

That doesn't seem to be working.

Default in win8 is:
Capacity - 59.6
File System exFAT (default)
Unit size - 128 Kilobytes
Please format to FAT32 instead of exFAT, you can use GUIFORMAT tool if you use Windows.

After upgrading to 1.6, I think my camera is bricked. :(

It won't charge, no LED, no blinking, no response, nothing.

I have tried many ways to recover it, but no success at all.

I tried :
- copied the firmware only, loader only, and both of them to SD card.
- remove the battery first for several minutes.
- connect to computer with battery and SD card plugged to the camera
- tried different cable and SD card (2GB and 32GB samsung, both formatted as FAT32)

I don't know what to do anymore...

After upgrading to 1.6, I think my camera is bricked. :(

It won't charge, no LED, no blinking, no response, nothing.

I have tried many ways to recover it, but no success at all.

I tried :
- copied the firmware only, loader only, and both of them to SD card.
- remove the battery first for several minutes.
- connect to computer with battery and SD card plugged to the camera
- tried different cable and SD card (2GB and 32GB samsung, both formatted as FAT32)

I don't know what to do anymore...
It is very hard to brick the Git2, what's your previous version?
Only need upgrade the new loader, if your camera version is V1.2; and upgrade the loader first, then upgrade the firmware.
For more help, you can send PM to me.

Back