GitUp Git2 Firmware

Thanks a lot Gitup fhis FW

- Auto storage mode is really good
- Sound is a lot BETTER
- Timer for photos, Yeah !! :P
Test for battery are coming soon ;D

Thank you for your patience and your work !

Reactions: Mtz
Thumbs up for the FW 1.3.
Web camera function works now on Win10, testing other features currently.

1. Use max. 32GB card formatted by camera or on computer as FAT32

I got my camera today and would like to update the firmware.
i just got a 64gb card. there are problems in using for the firmware update?

Format it as FAT32 on PC using Smart Disk FAT32.

enjoy,
Mtz

V1.3 released, version number is "GIT2_V1.3_20160130", released on 30th Jan 2016.

Upgrade Instructions for V1.3:
If you camera firmware version is V1.2 or earlier, please upgrade the loader GIT2LD.bin first.
  • 1. Use max. 32GB card formatted by camera or on computer as FAT32
  • 2. Insert card in camera and connect it to computer using USB cable
  • 3. Copy just the GIT2LD.bin on the root of the card
  • 4. After GIT2LD.bin is copied to the card disconnect the camera from computer
  • 5. Reconnect the camera to your computer and wait few seconds until you can chose Mass Storage from camera menu
  • 6. Delete GIT2LD.bin from the card using your PC and copy just the GIT2FW.bin file on the root of the card
  • 7. Reconnect the camera to your computer and wait more seconds until you can chose Mass Storage from camera menu, the front green LED and back red LED will be blinking while upgrading.
  • 8. Delete GIT2FW.bin
  • 9. Now you can disconnect the camera from PC and enjoy new GitUp implementations.
Apparently I did something wrong. I used a 16gb card, and tried to update from the original (october?) firmware. formatted sd card in my pc, put it in the camera, connected to win10 laptop with usb cable, selected mass storage mode. copied the LD file and nothing else to the camera. safely removed hardware for the camera. then i turned on the camera (not connected to computer) because i thought maybe i should (that's probably what i did wrong). it booted up normally and was ready to record. turned it back off, connected to PC. front green light and rear red light came on but nothing else. left it there for about 5 minutes but the front green and rear red were still on. unplugged USB cable, lights still on. turned off camera with power button - lights turned off. removed SD card, checked it in laptop with SD card adapter. the LD file was still there and was still the only thing on the card.

now it seems the camera is completely dead. it will not turn on at all, even with a freshly charged battery and NO sd card. the battery i was using was only used for a couple minutes, so it's basically fully charged too. did i just brick my camera? any way to recover such as maybe shorting a reset connection on the board, or just flashing an older/original firmware?

edit: just put the 1.2 (december 24) firmware on the SD card (deleted the LD file first). put that card in the camera then plugged into phone charger via usb cable. front green and rear red lights flickered for a little bit, then started blinking slowly like when it's recording. then they flashed very fast some more like when i updated firmware on the git1, flashed slowly, fast, and now they're just on solid. held power button and lights turned off again. camera still won't turn on. :(

Last edited:
Firmware upgrade went find although it seemed to have defaulted my settings. Not a problem but would be nice if that did not happen. Can't wait to test slow 720p slow motion!

Apparently I did something wrong. I used a 16gb card, and tried to update from the original (october?) firmware. formatted sd card in my pc, put it in the camera, connected to win10 laptop with usb cable, selected mass storage mode. copied the LD file and nothing else to the camera. safely removed hardware for the camera. then i turned on the camera (not connected to computer) because i thought maybe i should (that's probably what i did wrong). it booted up normally and was ready to record. turned it back off, connected to PC. front green light and rear red light came on but nothing else. left it there for about 5 minutes but the front green and rear red were still on. unplugged USB cable, lights still on. turned off camera with power button - lights turned off. removed SD card, checked it in laptop with SD card adapter. the LD file was still there and was still the only thing on the card.

now it seems the camera is completely dead. it will not turn on at all, even with a freshly charged battery and NO sd card. the battery i was using was only used for a couple minutes, so it's basically fully charged too. did i just brick my camera? any way to recover such as maybe shorting a reset connection on the board, or just flashing an older/original firmware?

edit: just put the 1.2 (december 24) firmware on the SD card (deleted the LD file first). put that card in the camera then plugged into phone charger via usb cable. front green and rear red lights flickered for a little bit, then started blinking slowly like when it's recording. then they flashed very fast some more like when i updated firmware on the git1, flashed slowly, fast, and now they're just on solid. held power button and lights turned off again. camera still won't turn on. :(
Are you trying to turn it on with either the loader file or firmware file still on the card? It sounds like you have the new loader on the camera and the December firmware also on the camera now so it should turn on with no card in and no computer connection, not sure if you have tried that since loading the December firmware?

It take me more than 4 hours to fix the french translation for gitup , Does my translation is in the new firmware?
what about more resolution at 24p?

Does the trouble with white pixel in low ligth condition have been fix???

Ok , I just read in another post that the new firmware should help for the pixel , but it is not as good as they like , so it is why they don t talk about it in this firmware. The probleme will get more improvement after chinese new years.

Edit:
I was in the same situation. I did exactly the same things that you, step bt step, and the result was the same, the camera is totally dead and finally get it to work copying the new firmware directly. I hope you can fix it.

Last edited:
Edit:
I was in the same situation. I did exactly the same things that you, step bt step, and the result was the same, the camera is totally dead and finally get it to work copying the new firmware directly. I hope you can fix it.
that worked - copied the 1.3 firmware to SD card by itself, and it DID turn on with that, and do the flickering lights while updating. waited for lights to stop flashing and turn off, removed SD card, and it turns on!! PHEW!

I too wish it would keep my settings (50/60hz, ntsc/pal, etc) when flashing firmware, but it's not so bad. it kind of forces you to go through the menus and discover all the new toys that @gitup has gifted us with. :D

so much for the video i tried to make showing how to upgrade the firmware... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If you will follow exactly the instructions you will not brick (temporary) the camera. From my experience with Novatek cameras is almost impossible to brick it permanently.

enjoy,
Mtz

Edit:

Thanks! I had the same problem when updating so your comment saved my day! Thanks :-)

Just trying the 1.3 firmware.
I still get no audio on HDMI output to TV but looking at release notes I see it is not on the fix list - is it meant to be fixed in this release?

I have to say I only got my GIT2 at end of Dec last year and have been well impressed - not just with the kit but the responsiveness of developers in improving the firmware -2 significant updates already.

Just trying the 1.3 firmware.
I still get no audio on HDMI output to TV but looking at release notes I see it is not on the fix list - is it meant to be fixed in this release?
I think the fix failed testing at the last moment so has been left out of this update, you can expect it in the next. Would probably have got into this release if it hadn't been for the Chinese New Year holidays meaning nothing can be done for the next 2 weeks.

Is possible turn on the cam with remote controller in next firm?

Is possible turn on the cam with remote controller in next firm?
i don't think that will ever be possible because the radio receiver has to be turned on in order to receive signal from the remote control. which would mean a dead battery in the camera, which nobody would like.

V1.3 released, version number is "GIT2_V1.3_20160130", released on 30th Jan 2016.

Download link:

http://www.gitup.com/support/firmware/git2/20160130/GIT2FW.zip

Change Log:
  • 1. Added: 4:3 video mode, 1920*1440 30fps video resolution.
  • 2. Added: Menu selection of remote control operation modes: “Standard”, “Quick Shoot”.
  • 3. Added: Self timer delay for photo mode, menu selection from: 3S, 5S, 10S, 15S, 30S.
  • 4. Added: Menu selection of USB modes: Web camera, Mass storage.
  • 5. Added: Czech language.
  • 6. Improved: Screen-saver operation during photo time lapse.
  • 7. Improved: Support for 64GB and 128GB cards, using FAT32 format.
  • 8. Improved: Battery indicator.
  • 9. Improved: Recorded audio volume adjustment.
  • 10. Improved: Back red LED and front green LED will blink while upgrading with new firmware.
  • 11. Improved: Russian language translation.
  • 12. Improved: Video files now limited to 4GB file size instead of 15 minutes file time.
  • 13. Fixed: AE lock and AWB lock during loop recording.
  • 14. Fixed: Image shake issue on 720P video mode while Gyro stabilization enabled.
  • 15. Fixed: Custom shutter speed issues - double exposure time and low ISO image brighter than higher ISO

Upgrade Instructions for V1.3:
If you camera firmware version is V1.2 or earlier, please upgrade the loader GIT2LD.bin first.
  • 1. Use max. 32GB card formatted by camera or on computer as FAT32
  • 2. Insert card in camera and connect it to computer using USB cable
  • 3. Copy just the GIT2LD.bin on the root of the card
  • 4. After GIT2LD.bin is copied to the card disconnect the camera from computer
  • 5. Reconnect the camera to your computer and wait few seconds until you can chose Mass Storage from camera menu
  • 6. Delete GIT2LD.bin from the card using your PC and copy just the GIT2FW.bin file on the root of the card
  • 7. Reconnect the camera to your computer and wait more seconds until you can chose Mass Storage from camera menu, the front green LED and back red LED will be blinking while upgrading.
  • 8. Delete GIT2FW.bin
  • 9. Now you can disconnect the camera from PC and enjoy new GitUp implementations.
/***************************************************************************************************/
New V1.2 Version released at 2015.12.24.
http://www.gitup.com/support/firmware/git2/20151224/GIT2FW.zip
version:GIT2_V1.2_20151224
Change log:
1. Added: Shutter Speed
  • a) 1/30 Sec.
  • b) 2 Sec.
  • c) 5 Sec.
  • d) 10 Sec.
  • e) 15 Sec.
  • f) 20 Sec.
  • g) 1 Min
2. Improved: Battery charging
  • a) OFF Red LED and ON Green LED then camera fully charged
  • b) Disable screen backlight after 1 minute while charging but enable backlight again if user press any button
3. Added: Configurable function for menu button while recording:Gyro Image Stabilization
4. Added: Control Led Status
  • a) All LED On (Turn on all LED)
  • b) All LED Off (Turn off all LED)
  • c) Front LED Off (Turn off front LED)
  • d) Side LED Off (Turn off top LED and Wi-Fi LED)
  • e) Back LED On (Only turn on the back LED)
5. Improved: Gyro icon color becoming Orange while moving
6. Added: Options for Photo Time lapse
  • a) 5 mins
  • b) 10 mins
  • c) 30 mins
7. Added: 2304*1296P 30fps for video resolution
8. Improved: G-sensor sensitivity
9. Improved: Motion Detection sensitivity
10. Added: On/Off option for custom text stamp
11. Improved: Auto enable the loop recording while G-sensor enabled
12. Added: ISO option for video and photo settings
  • a) ISO 50
  • b) ISO 100
  • c) ISO 200
  • d) ISO 400
  • e) ISO 800
  • f) ISO 1600
13. Updated: Menu string and icon

/***************************************************************************************************/
New V1.1 firmware released.
http://www.gitup.com/support/firmware/git2/20151201/GIT2FW.zip

Change log:
1. Added: Configurable function for menu button while recording with options of:
a) exposure lock,
b) white balance lock,
c) exposure lock and white balance lock
d) microphone mute/unmute
2. Added: Metering option for Video and Photo
a) Centre
b) Average
c) Spot
3. Added: Color option for Video and Photo
a) Normal
b) Black & White
c) Sepia