GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

I have seen a "new trend" in micro SD cards, there are more and more on the market that advertise insane speed and 1000X ratings, but those are just reading speeds, while the more important "writing speed" is much much more lower. For example there is a huge number of people having trouble with the Yi2, because of the high bit rate most of the cards do not work making the camera freeze or display "camera busy" message and this happens with "ultra", "1000x", etc. cards. I'm using 80 mbps write / 90 mbps read cards that also work in my Phantom 3 (4K) and it's ok.

I'll wait for the finished product! And by the way Gitup, how about the app?
IOS version will be opened for external testing soon, still adding some command on firmware.
Android version is still on developing.

How to Update Settings from Configuration File & V1.6 Beta Released.
http://www.gitup.com/blog/29_How-to-Update-Settings-from-Configuration-Fil.html

Change log for V1.6 version:
  • 1. Added: Support Image Rotation
  • 2. Added: Support update settings from configuration file
  • 3. Added: Photo Shutter Speed Options: 1/2000sec, 1/1000sec, 1/500sec, 1/250sec, 1/125sec
  • 4. Improved: Default setting time is same as firmware released time.
  • 5. Improved: No frame drop in 1080P 60fps at low light condition.

I have also tested the 1080P 60fps mode in low light. It works perfectly now! Thanks Gitup!

IOS version will be opened for external testing soon, still adding some command on firmware.

Please note: Android has more users than IOS.

the git3 will have a 90° lens and a waterproof housing for that lens?

I have seen a "new trend" in micro SD cards, there are more and more on the market that advertise insane speed and 1000X ratings, but those are just reading speeds, while the more important "writing speed" is much much more lower. For example there is a huge number of people having trouble with the Yi2, because of the high bit rate most of the cards do not work making the camera freeze or display "camera busy" message and this happens with "ultra", "1000x", etc. cards. I'm using 80 mbps write / 90 mbps read cards that also work in my Phantom 3 (4K) and it's ok.
Just like the Hero 4

oh my god ! thanks, can't wait

iOS apps are much easier to do though
Another member , a dealer who posts regularly on the forum , wrote a long piece describing many problems with ios mgmt. in getting an app approved, and that they are impossibly difficult to work with, whereas android was a pleasure to deal with!
Eventually I will find the discussion, several DCT members were rightly complaining about the time we have had to wait for the app!

Another member , a dealer who posts regularly on the forum , wrote a long piece describing many problems with ios mgmt. in getting an app approved, and that they are impossibly difficult to work with, whereas android was a pleasure to deal with!

there's a lot of truth to that, from a coding perspective Apple is much simpler to support all models which is what I was referring to which is why you quite often see the iOS versions of apps before the Android ones, or you see Android versions but they have issues on certain hardware

Hi,@gitup,

My questions are:
Does git2 with 90 degree lens have the gyro function? If it does, will it be as good as 170 degree lens version?
If I replace 170 degree version's lens with a 90 degree one (only lens without sensor), will the gyro function still be avilible and as good as before?

I've reviewed some video clips taken by git2 (170 degree) with gyro ON, and was really impressed by the stabilized image.
So I expect the same result from 90 degree version, but if it comes better, that won't bother me at all.
:-]

Thanks.

Following my part 1 comparison of the Git2 versus M20, now part 2 is ready, you can play it in 4K@60fps for better and less image quality loss due to YouTube encoding.

gitup,
You want to solve problem with slow cards for resolution higher than 1080p? I understand that a slow card can not record more quickly, but warning message should appear on the screen. In this version the interface is just lags for a while without any messages, which is very inconvenient. Need a reboot camera. I have Netac 32Gb U1 and camera's interface lags with this card. Early such a problem has not been.

too hard I think for the camera to reliably detect which cards are slow, better to just have recommended cards to use, Netac is not a brand I would use for this type of camera

Camera detects that the card can not be recorded 2196p in high bitrate, but simulate record and menu lag. I think, this wrong.

Back