GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

The only disadvantage of this frame is that the screw thread is not deep enough for most of the screws.
Just add a washer of the correct thickness for your screw to fit.

The screws should really come with a locking nut, like the one on the Gitup suction cup in my link above, so that the length is not an issue but a lot of them don't, especially the cheaper ones. With no locking nut you might benefit from some Loctite to stop it coming loose.

I use washers normally, but from real photographic equipment I am used to not to improvise in any way.

The only disadvantage of this frame is that the screw thread is not deep enough for most of the screws.
Or by the suction cup mount that has an adjustable wheel to tighten against the skeleton thread base

Highly requested from a lot of people so it's now done:

GitUp Git2 versus XiaoYi Yi2 4K with various footage

4K, low light, daytime car DVR, snorkeling, image stabilization, 1080p footage, etc. For best YouTube experience the video is encoded in 4k at 60fps, this will preserve the quality better.

Some kind notes:
- The Git2 uses horizontal interpolation to obtain 3820x2160 from 2880x2160 and it's not sold or marketed as a 4K camera !!!
- Git2 has a 16Mpix Sony IMX206 sensor while the Yi2 has a 12 Mpix Sony IMX377. This would enable the Yi2 to have better low light perfomance (theoretically)
- Git has a 170 degree wide lens while the Yi2 has 155 degree lens.

My personal opinions
- Yi2 is sharper
- Git2 is ages ahead in gyro image stabilization
- The Yi2 has lower dynamic rage than the Git2 :eek:
- The Git2 is ~140$ in Pro edition while the Yi2 is ~250$ with no accessories (nothing included, just camera, battery and usb cable).

@TechTronic9000 As far as I know the Yi2 is only able to record sound in mono, is this right?
I haven't tested the sound of the Yi2 but it's marketed as having two microphones and stereo recording, but it does not suport an external microphone.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

No support for an external mic, that is really weak in my opinion.

Gopro 4 with the new smart remote and external mike outclasses the Yi 4k also in the wide range of FOVs . I wish it had better battery and overheat performance!

I haven't tested the sound of the Yi2 but it's marketed as having two microphones and stereo recording, but it does not suport an external microphone.

Although it apparently has 2 microphones, the microphone holes are either side of the shutter button so record almost the same thing, except when you accidently cover the right one with your shutter finger! For a good stereo image they really need to be one either side of the camera - your ears wouldn't work well if they were both on the top of your head pointing to the same piece of sky.

This review wasn't too impressed with the Yi 4K sound, unfortunately they didn't test the Git2 : https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/2016-roundup-4k-action-cameras/7

Although it apparently has 2 microphones, the microphone holes are either side of the shutter button so record almost the same thing, except when you accidently cover the right one with your shutter finger! For a good stereo image they really need to be one either side of the camera - your ears wouldn't work well if they were both on the top of your head pointing to the same piece of sky.

This review wasn't too impressed with the Yi 4K sound, unfortunately they didn't test the Git2 : https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/2016-roundup-4k-action-cameras/7
That's a good point as i noticed that also. Almost each time my finger covers the right microphone.

It's not only the position of the mics, it is also the quality. I don't expect any single action cam to have more than cheap crap inside. So without an external mic option a camera is almost worthless.

It's not only the position of the mics, it is also the quality. I don't expect any single action cam to have more than cheap crap inside. So without an external mic option a camera is almost worthless.
The Git2 internal microphone is excellent quality, records music beautifully, I only use an external microphone when I want to record stereo or if there is going to be a problem with wind noise as it's hard to fit a wind shield to the internal microphone.

That's nothing!...

LMFAO!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Did you look at the video ? There are two text explanations showing this, it lacks detail in shadow (too dark) and over exposes the sky at the same time. On the git2 you get details in both areas, not to mention the low contrast option which will improve this even more.

I can now confirm that the gopro cable from amazon records in stereo, my setup is, autocom on bike with pillion to rider mic's and headsets all connected via the autocom to a zumo 660 satnav for directions and listening to music, i have now incorperated the gitup git 2 so it records video and everything you hear from the satnav and also all you hear from rider to pillion and pillion to rider, and now i am happy, all i need to do now is find out what was causing the white blobs on video, a new housing has been ordered so we will see what thats like.
Gopro cable adapter work's on GIT2??? I got one gopro adapter and got no sound o my git2 videos!! Do you know why?????

could you please post a link to the cable you purchased, i purchased a couple of cheap ones off ebay, one worked in mono and the other had no sound

Last edited:
Back