GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

I noticed today that the longest videos I could record were exactly 15:34 minutes long, and that the recording continued in another clip after that. The transition wasn't smooth either and short piece was cut out in between clips. Is there some kind on limitation how long videos you can shoot or is this some sort of clitch?

Loop recording was not on.

@Jantteri The limited recording time is caused by the limit of 4 GB per file. Decrease the bit rate, and the files can be longer.
The missing ~3 seconds can be avoided by activating the loop mode.

You can increase your logical sector size or your cluster size. A 4K logical sector size or cluster increases the limit to 32GB. With 64KB cluster size, the maximum file size is whopping 128GB. you would need to use something like the mkdosfs utility to do this and it still may not work, i have not tried this, has anyone else, or would anyone from gitup be able to confirm this, it would be one way of overcoming the 4gb file limit.

You can increase your logical sector size or your cluster size. A 4K logical sector size or cluster increases the limit to 32GB. With 64KB cluster size, the maximum file size is whopping 128GB. you would need to use something like the mkdosfs utility to do this and it still may not work, i have not tried this, has anyone else, or would anyone from gitup be able to confirm this, it would be one way of overcoming the 4gb file limit.
Good theory but the camera doesn't know how to handle the different cluster sizes and it will tell you to either insert an sd card or that it has an error and won't let you record.

So it's not possible to use exFAT?
Before it support exFAT, but Novatek update the SDK to better support 128GB cards, then only support FAT32 now.

Good theory but the camera doesn't know how to handle the different cluster sizes and it will tell you to either insert an sd card or that it has an error and won't let you record.

Thank you for the simple answer,

Before we discussed about the drop frames in low light condition, will improve this in next version, video in 1080P 60fps low light environment will be smoother.

Before we discussed about the drop frames in low light condition, will improve this in next version, video in 1080P 60fps low light environment will be smoother.

Thanks for the good news Gitup. Looking forward to it!

Hello to everyone.

About week ago I become a proud owner of Git2. Didn't use it too much because of bad weather in Ireland. I have a question. Is it possible to record videos while camera is charging? example: when i'm driving car, can i connect camera to power supply and record my driving? or ride a bike, and connect it to powerbank? if its not, can it be in next firmware update?

Thanks in advance.

Hello to everyone.

About week ago I become a proud owner of Git2. Didn't use it too much because of bad weather in Ireland. I have a question. Is it possible to record videos while camera is charging? example: when i'm driving car, can i connect camera to power supply and record my driving? or ride a bike, and connect it to powerbank? if its not, can it be in next firmware update?

Thanks in advance.

Of course that's possible. For using in car there's a special mode of recording auto start when external power is connected.

Is there a possibility to turn of the "beep" sound?
That would be great

Great ! Thanks.

What is the best quality "mode" ? 2160P W 4:3 ? Or another setting?

And what else can you recommend to adjust?
Like the Gyro stabilization on/off?

Great ! Thanks.

What is the best quality "mode" ? 2160P W 4:3 ? Or another setting?

And what else can you recommend to adjust?
Like the Gyro stabilization on/off?

It depends.
4:3 modes are mostly used with quadcopters. But most screens now are 16:9, 21:9 - so for general purpose for editing 16:9 modes are preferable
Also for dymamic scenes better to use 60fps mode for more smooth video
For picture settings you need to look what do you like - I usually use Soft sharpening mode and low contrast - and adjust picture in editor. But you maybe wolud like other settings

Hi all,

I recently got a Gitup Git2 Pro, been pretty happy with it, although I have noticed that a lot of my footage is rather out of focus, especially when recording for longer amounts of time. See the example pictures below, the first is not long after I left work with the camera recording, the 2nd is after about 30min of riding, it's like someone gradually smears Vaseline over the lens as I'm riding along. Is there any fix? This is a rather deal-breaking thing unfortunately, what good is a camera if half of the footage goes out of focus?

Good, reasonably clean footage:
l3qNaI4h.png

Horrible, smeared, out of focus footage (notice how the plate on the car in front is barely legible in the 2nd pic):
bVwerkOh.png

UKV7ldkh.png

Hi all,

I recently got a Gitup Git2 Pro, been pretty happy with it, although I have noticed that a lot of my footage is rather out of focus, especially when recording for longer amounts of time. See the example pictures below, the first is not long after I left work with the camera recording, the 2nd is after about 30min of riding, it's like someone gradually smears Vaseline over the lens as I'm riding along. Is there any fix?
Fit a sun shade above it?
Turn up the air conditioning?

As you are in Oz, it is almost certainly caused by heat. It is the first time I've seen a post about the Git2 going out of focus over time though, maybe it could be improved by refocusing the lens.

Back